Ratings for Dr. Stephen H. Schneider

I have been seeing Dr. Schneider for about 18 years, transferring to him from my primary doctor to get better, more pointed care by a specialist. I found him to be absolutely WONDERFUL. He is extremely knowledgeable, heavy into research so he knows the latest findings, and is very caring. He works hard to find solutions and you both agree with. And does not push you into things you do not feel comfortable with (ie: clinical trials). He asks that you give him follow up information between visits. I've read others remarks here that they think he is "arrogant." I never found that to be so. I see him as confident based on his knowledge and abilities, and that he knows what he is doing. I find him very caring. Between he and his fellows, all my myriad of questions are answered, and I like the fact that there are "two heads" involved in my care: preliminary with the fellow and then with Dr. Schneider. I always leave satisfied with the appointment and encouraged to do better each time.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2013

superb

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

He is very knowledgeable and current in his field(involved with research). In my judgement he is an excellent doctor.I have been seeing him for last ten years and was never disappointed. He is very through in his evaluation and examine you himself if he has any doubt about the test results or his staff evaluations (though his intern had examined you and both had discussion about your past and current codition, before he comes to see you). He has lot of patients to see unless he is concerned or you have questions for him he will not stay long ( it may appear to you that he has come and gone). I write all my questions and he has answered all of them patiently. I found him a person who really care for his patients well being and always looking ways and giving them advice to improve more (even if they are doing good with current medicines). It is true that it is hard to get first appointment, but after that you get next appointment before you leave. A doctor like him is hard to find.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2009

Absolutely horrible experience. I rated him "unknowledgeable" because, even if he has book knowledge, he has very poor knowledge about how to care for patients in an outpatient setting. The office staff is bad; I'm glad the residents learn, but the office does not use them to help patients at all. Dr. Schneider advised me to let my sugars run *high* for 3 days on a lowered basal rate so he could evaluate my basal insulin needs, saying that although high sugars are bad, a few high days would have no long-term consequences adn would be well worth the knowledge we'd gain. I did it, sent him my sugars, and got no reply from his office. After numerous calls, I got a response from a fellow weeks later. Dr. Schneider himself never evaluated my basal rates. Dr. Schneider's manner is arrogant - that might be acceptable if he imparted good advice, but he never did for me. Just advised me to let my sugars run at unhealthy levels for what turned out to be no benefit at all.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2008

I suppose Dr. Schneider is knowledable enough -- but the office is so incredibly mis-managed that it's impossible to have any confidence whatsoever that you are being properly cared for. Every time I got bloodwork (about 6 times) I had to call them to get the results. Sometimes I'd have to call 3 or 4 times over the course of a week or two before someone would call me back. He never looked at my ultrasound results until 1 year after it was done! (Even though it was sitting in the file and even though I was told by a unsure-sounding staffer that he had seen them and if I didn't hear from him, everything was fine.) When you call the office, you almost always get their answering service because their staff is always so busy. Then no one calls you back for 2 days. It's awful. I ended up changing doctors because of their mis-management. It's a shame, he's probably a good doctor.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2008

seemed to really care about his patience

flag | Submitted February 23, 2008

Affiliated with a teaching hospital. You always see the interns/residents first, then the Dr, which means you answer the same questions twice. Very knowledgeable, but tends to ask limited questions. You need to bring relevant information to his attention. The office staff is absolutely horrible, probably due to the teaching/large hospital atmosphere. It's so bad, I found another Dr. after 3 years with Schneider. Treating thyroiditis.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2007

he's quite knowledgeable but a little arrogant, i guess all doctors are. but i found his advice quite helpful and he does know a lot about PCOS. i didn't like it that i spent most of my time with his fellow instead of him. he only came in to talk to me for about 10 minutes at the end of the appointment. But I still felt satisfied and well informed after is appointment, but he didn't tell me much that i didn't know already from my personal research.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2006

Dr. Schneider has a wonderful reputation but you can't get in to see him for at least 6 months and his office staff gives you a hard time over the telephone so I decided to go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2005

Very smart, very good bedside manner, very helpful

flag | Submitted February 16, 2004

Dr. Stephen H. Schneider's Credentials

• Spanish

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)

Top Urgent Care Centers in New Brunswick, NJ