Ratings for Dr. Christina Marie Adam

Doctor? I don't think so, Do not see this woman for anything!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

Was one of the only doctors who could help my brother with serious psychosis and delusions. An excellent, straightforth physician.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

This individual should not be allowed to practice medicine. She uses extreme measures for minor situations which amount to abuse. She has no regard for other human beings and, like many in her field, uses her position and power to prey on the weak. A disgrace to the medical community.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

Pleasent calm helpfull followed through generally concerened for my well doing

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

My experience at the hospital where this doctor worked was overall horrific. However, I had another decent doctor seeing me regularly during my stay. Unfortunately he went on vacation and I had the unfortunate encounter with Dr. Adam. To this day, I have nightmares of what was deemed "the bubble room" by paternalistic, heartless staff. I left the hospital without permission one night in fear and tried to get into a women's shelter. I was formed back by Dr. Adam. I told the police officer how cruel the staff were; he walked me back to the hospital in a calm state. The "bubble room" is supposed to be a last resort used in the hospital, but despite being peaceful I was thrown into this room by direction of this Dr. I was given a pill, a form was slipped under the chamber door. I was left for a long time, and woke later in a bed. I remember weeping as silently as possible in the hole before the "dope" Dr. Adam's so gladly prescribed me set in. I struggle daily because of this experience.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

When I was admitted to hospital there was a treatment plan in place which was set by the doctor who saw me. When I first arrived under the care of Dr. Adam I had to wait all day just to see her. Due to her lack of time, she took only a partial history and then spoke about discharge. I was surprised she had brought that up so soon since I just got there and she didn't even have my full history. How can a doctor make a decision without all the facts? The following morning I met with her to continue our appointment from the previous evening to get the rest of my history and I was surprised when she didn't ask anymore questions. She just told me I would be discharged on Monday and that's it. Dr. Adam's viewpoint is there is nothing you can do about my condition even though there is tons of literature and empirical data to refute that belief. I ended up missing a week's worth of work (and money) only to come out the same. I expected more from a specialist!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2013

somewhat abrupt during interactions, however got me in and out of hospital as quickly as possible, with minimal medications. Nursing staff were fantastic and Dr Adam definitely listened to their concerns

flag | Submitted April 12, 2012

A pleasure to deal with in every way. Took her time and we worked things out in a calm fashion.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

My personal experience with Dr. Adams was not pleasant. I found her method of Dr-patient interaction to be quite one sided and rather degrading. When an RN was present she spoke to the RN as if I was not present in the room. I felt as though I was not listened to although I repeatively stated my case and symptoms of how I felt. After daily interactions I felt no progress was made in fact regression was observed by family and friends. When my file was passed on to the next Dr. facts were inaccurate in regards to my background etc. Overall a frustrating experience as I felt our sessions were often rushed and she overall lacked professionalism and care within the field, perhaps due to burnout with being in a hospital setting within the Acute Mental Health Ward and seeing such a constant turnover of patients.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2010

Instructed RN Marcia Dinsmore to illegally collect and disclose personal health information from woman's shelter staff who violated s 47 of the College of Social Work Act by illegally identifying as social workers. Doc allowed MD to violate s18 of the PHIPA legislation; section 11(1)4 of the Health Care Consent Act by collecting PHI without informed consent. Doc refused patient treatment violating s 5(1)& 5(2) of the HCCA. violated s8 of Ontario Human Rights Code by documenting accommodation wishes as medical symptoms. Evidence in form of medical records, witness accounts and affidavits to disclosures. Med records clerk hid records from patient that documented "collateral information" was instructed by doc to be collected. Risk manager,privacy officer have not complied with PHIPA to provide the med notes of that "collateral information". Is offense under s 72(1)c, d, e, & f of PHIPA & SCC decision McInerney v MacDonald

flag | Submitted August 19, 2007