Ratings for Dr. Heather G. Huddleston

If you're over the age of 40 and looking for a supportive Dr to try and get pregnant, Dr Huddleston is not for you. At my first appt with her she was positive, but as appts continued she showed her true colors. She doesn't believe that Acupunture in addition to western treatments adds any benefit. She was pushing me to use donor eggs even after insisted I didn't want to go that route. When I called her on her attitude and presented my stats to her i.e. follicle count and number of eggs retrieved she said "you're above average". She left me with no hope, which is the opposite effect of other Drs. Please go to a Dr that believes they can help you and doesn't just want to take the easy route to improve their results i.e. donor egg.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2012

I went to see her for PCOS-related hairloss. She actually asked ME what I thought was causing it, then suggested I take what even I had already learned from basic research was the one birth control pill that exacerbates PCOS-related hairloss. While she may be good at helping people become pregnant, I was very unimpressed with her manner, and her knowledge and help in this matter. The one thing she did do is finally convince me, by not being helpful at all, to fly to NYC to go see THE expert in this particular women's endocrine problem.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2010

Dr. Huddleston did a uterine surgery to correct an abnormality, which went very well and also managed our first attempt at IVF. She always explained things well and was very gentle during a difficult time. I would highly recommend Dr. Huddleston for anyone going through infertility issues. Everyone is going to have different success levels and nothing is ever guaranteed, but we had a great experience at UCSF and got pregnant on the first try! I won't ever be able to thank Dr. Huddleson enough.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2009

First doctor willing to listen to me about my thyroid issues. Tried new medicines and worked with me on infertility issues. Very helpful and empathetic for me.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2008

For IVF infertility treatment, during stimlation cycle, she directed me to perform HCG injection too early. As the result, most of my oocytes were retrieved "immature" that is not qualify for fertilization. I spent total $16,000. for this treatment and the result was NOTHING. It was a joke...

flag | Submitted June 10, 2008

I went to her for pelvic pain/suspected endometriosis. She kept pushing pre-diagnostic Lupron even after I explained that I would not take it, and why. She offered to do a laparoscopy, but she electrocauterizes the endo rather than excising (cutting) it out. The recurrence rates after cauterization are many times higher than after excision because they can't burn deep enough. She told me that if she were to find endo on my bowel (which is suspected) she'd leave it and I'd have to have yet another operation with a bowel surgeon, or I could try to "dry it up" with Lupron. I know she might be quite good at other things, but she's not up-to-date on treating endo, and anyone needing help with this disease is advised to look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2007

Dr. Heather G. Huddleston's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1998)

Oxford