You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Bernard Corenblum

I'm quite shocked at the comments here. Are we talking about the same doctor? I just had my appt yesterday and Dr. Corenblum was one of the best doctors I have ever seen hands down! He had a resident there who took all my medical history and then he came in and the resident went through it thoroughly with him while I was there. He was kind, very knowledgeable, and was a great listener I thought. He even asked the receptionist to get my results from the fertitlity clinic and when they weren't able to get it he said they would try again. My appt was really close to lunch time but he still gave me the hour and never rushed me out at all. Told me what he thought I should go on medication wise. Gave me options and told me to use it for 3 mths and come back. He said if there are any complications at all or if I had any questions to please call him right away. I thought he was great and had an unbelievable bedside manner. Same with the other staff. I think I waited not even 5 mins to get into a room and then another 5 mins before the resident came in to gather my information.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

This man is amazing! I don't understand where all the bad reviews come from. He does have a dry sense of humor, I love that. I first saw him with a female resident and she was so helpful. He's patient, listens and is able to answer all the questions I had, know matter how off the wall I thought I sounded. He was thorough with me, and ruling out certain things. I was diagnosed with PCOS (not trying to conceive) when I was 17, now 36 and I finally feel like I have a grasp on this. Thank you!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

Supposedly this guy is the lead expert on PCOS in western Canada, at least he was 'back in the day'. So it's kind of sadly cathartic to see these other comments. I became amenorrheic in my early 30s and he was able to make a cocktail to re-kickstart my cycle, more regular than it ever was prior, and I was able to get off the meds after a couple of years. Alarmingly though, he 'didn't want to waste the Premier's money' to do any lab tests (actually it's my money and your money,, isn't it?) He told me that he believed obesity could be cured by 'adding hot sauce to everything' because the reason people are fat is because they crave extra taste. Huh?? He was 'pretty sure' I had PCOS but when I told him I wasn't trying to have children he was clear about his disinterest in further interaction. Unfortunately the result is that I have no baseline lab work and he was not helpful at all in providing any certainty about a diagnosis that might have helped me relate to my GP. On the positive side, compared to other specialties, he is kinder and more human than anyone else I have had the unfortunate need to 'need'. Too bad he is a selective listener full of quack ideas, quick to make conclusions on sentiment rather than modern tools. In this day and age I expected more. But we are merely beggars in the equation. Don't expect too much.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

Was seeing Dr. Corenblum for Graves disease. Ended up in the ER when I was advised to stop medication to "see what happens". After reviewing blood results with my family physician I was advised to see another endocrinologist as the numbers did not add up with what I was being told to do. I had been seeing Dr. Corenblum for over a year, and during my last appointment I was advised that I personally made the wrong decision a year ago with respect to medication vs. RAI. When seeking out a specialist for a potentially life-threatening condition, I am expecting to be told what the best course of action is, and not have a platter of options presented with zero advise as to which to choose. Bottom line is I would steer clear of this physician.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

He was one of the kindest most thorough Dr.'s I've ever come across. He was organized, having read my Mom's file from 5 yrs prior before coming in to talk to ys and made syre we understood everything before we left and wrote everything we were to do down for us.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

Dr. Corenblum is hands down the rudest and most arrogant doctor I have ever met. After waiting months for an appointment, and being more eager than Christmas waiting, I finally got in. It was a one hour appointment and he had me out the door in ten minutes. He did not listen to anything I had to say, interrupted, and was incorrect on much of what he had to say. He offered literally zero help, tips, advice, ANYTHING for my issue, and simply sent me back to my family doctor. It's no wonder he has the score he does. If you're going to be waiting months for an endocrinologist appointment, pick a better one and don't go through the same thing I did.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

Stay away from this disaster of a doctor. He may be knowledgeable, but it's hard to say because he is unorganized, doesn't listen, and worst, dishonest (he lied to me about my test results). He seems to be a bit better with women than men, and having a student in the room with him prevents his immature tantrums. On top of all that, he is overly concerned that he have no responsibility for the patient's decisions, and quick to blame other doctors or even his staff for is Mr. Magoo cluelessness.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

While he seems fairly knowledgeable about PCOS, I really found his arrogance and whole demeanor in general, very off-putting. He did take his time and explain the condition very well (but then, I know how PCOS works already. I've had it for 15 years) but that was about it. He dismissed a staple treatment of PCOS (metformin) as bunk and showed no concern nor offered any solution to my anxiety about the unwanted hair that comes along with the condition. For once, I would like to be treated by a doctor who is knowledgeable about PCOS AND is friendly and amicable. Unfortunately, it seems this combo does not exist.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2012

Hmm am suprised at the overall positive comments about this doctor. After having my thyroid removed, I ended up with a cut in my mouth that exposed bone. I was scheduled for the radioactive iodine drink, my dentist was concerned, my gp was concerned, but Dr. Yellow Pants would not return my calls, much less see me. Really bad taste in clothing as well. On my initial visit, he said he didn't have the results of my biopsy, then phoned me 1/2 hour later to say he did. Thank goodness I had a supportive GP at the time, Dr. Corenblum may be good at what he does, but I would never reccomend him.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2012

Dr. Coremblum is the best doctor I have even known and a very kind person. He first treated me for PCOS when I was 16 and then helped me into my 30s. He was so patient and thorough in explaining my condition. He would even draw out diagrams so I could understand what the problem was. Never felt rushed. Successfully treated my hursiatism and all my other symptoms. Later on in life, he helped me get pregnant with my first child. I have known him for almost 20 years. What impressed me the most is that he always remembered who I was. Genuine person. All I can say is that my life would not have been the same with out him. Thanks Dr. Coremblum! Sofi from Calagry

flag | Submitted November 16, 2011

Dr. Bernard Corenblum's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I'm quite shocked at the comments here. Are we talking about the same doctor? I just had my appt yesterday and Dr. Corenblum was one of the best doctors I hav..."

November 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This man is amazing! I don't understand where all the bad reviews come from. He does have a dry sense of humor, I love that. I first saw him with a female resid..."

October 2, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Supposedly this guy is the lead expert on PCOS in western Canada, at least he was 'back in the day'. So it's kind of sadly cathartic to see these other comments..."

September 21, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Was seeing Dr. Corenblum for Graves disease. Ended up in the ER when I was advised to stop medication to "see what happens". After reviewing blood results with ..."

September 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He was one of the kindest most thorough Dr.'s I've ever come across. He was organized, having read my Mom's file from 5 yrs prior before coming in to talk to..."

August 5, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Corenblum is hands down the rudest and most arrogant doctor I have ever met. After waiting months for an appointment, and being more eager than Christmas wa..."

July 14, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "T1Y0" to "T2T". Address has been updated from "None" to "1820 Richmond Road Southwest". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14039558342".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Stay away from this disaster of a doctor. He may be knowledgeable, but it's hard to say because he is unorganized, doesn't listen, and worst, dishonest (he lie..."

April 17, 2015