Ratings for Dr. Bernard Corenblum

I have had issues going on years but no one could figure out what was going on. I finally went to a clinic in California and paid to see a doctor there. They found some issues, one of which was my testosterone was in dangerously low levels. However, they did not find the reason why. My doctor in Canada finally did once she started questioning the results from the American clinic. I have a pituitary tumour. So I got referred to Dr Corenblum. Upon my initial consultation with him I found him to be extremely arrogant and condescending. He asked why I was there. I told him that my prolactin levels were elevated. He seemed annoyed with me and asked what symptoms brought me into the doctor in the first place. So I started listinthem off. He completely dismissed all of the symptoms that weren't related to having high prolactin levels. I'm sorry but you are the specialist, all symptoms should be relevant so that a complete diagnosis can be made. Not just the one that you have concluded prior to my arrival. At any rate, he suspected I had a tumour and ordered a mri. MRI confirmed the tumour. He followed up with me by saying that it didn't need to be treated. He argued with me that it wasn't affecting my testosterone levels. By the end of the conversation he seemed annoyed that I wanted to be treated. I would have saw another doctor after my initial visit but my family doctor wouldn't refer me to anyone else. Now my family doctor has moved and I have no doctor as there are no doctors in our town accepting patients. Seems like I'm stuck with this joker for the time being. If you have a choice do not see this doctor. Completely useless in my opinion

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

I had been referred to this dr due to being diagnosed with Hashimitos disease. He didn't explain the issue or ask me about my symptoms. He told me that my lab results proved that I was on the right medication. He referred to me as "cute" a number of times because I looked worried and even cried because he laughed at me when I asked a question. He told me any symptoms that I have could not be blamed on my thyroid. I've been reading enough about my issue to realize that lab results are not always the best way to treat this. I was very disappointed in this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

I've been seeing Dr. Corenblum for 21 years. He's extremely knowledgeable and I respect his opinions. He always lets me decide how I want to proceed with treatment/care, but gives his opinion. I understand why some people don't like him. He's quirky in the nutty professor sort of way. He sometimes says things off the cuff that are politically incorrect. If you can get past this and see that he is a very caring practitioner and an expert in his field, you'll be fine.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Corenblum for 16 years and he such a wonderful doctor. He remembers me even though it is years between appointments. He is always interested in what I have to say, and is very clear on explaining what treatments there are and the pro's and con's of them. His bedside manor is wonderful, he makes me feel very at ease and he has a wonderful sense of humor. I would recommend him to anyone that needs to see an endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

Just had an apt with him this morning. He was very nice and had a great sense of humour and was genuinely interested in my case. In the particular situation I'm in I finally feel like things are moving forward since visiting him this morning. He wasn't rude or arrogant at all.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

Wow, I can't believe how many positive reviews Dr. Corenblum has gotten! He is extremely arrogant and rude and he is on the warpath with you almost the moment he walks in the door. He cuts you off a the knees before you get to finish your sentence and scolds you like you're some unruly five year old child who has done something wrong. He does seem very knowledgeable and is very punctual but at what cost to your sanity??? I always feel so angry and disrespected and I dread having to go see him. If you like being treated like dirt, this is the doctor for you!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

I wish people would stop saying that his phones are never answered. Because This ABSOLUTELY cannot be true!! Try calling again! I dare you!!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

I'm quite shocked at the comments here. Are we talking about the same doctor? I just had my appt yesterday and Dr. Corenblum was one of the best doctors I have ever seen hands down! He had a resident there who took all my medical history and then he came in and the resident went through it thoroughly with him while I was there. He was kind, very knowledgeable, and was a great listener I thought. He even asked the receptionist to get my results from the fertitlity clinic and when they weren't able to get it he said they would try again. My appt was really close to lunch time but he still gave me the hour and never rushed me out at all. Told me what he thought I should go on medication wise. Gave me options and told me to use it for 3 mths and come back. He said if there are any complications at all or if I had any questions to please call him right away. I thought he was great and had an unbelievable bedside manner. Same with the other staff. I think I waited not even 5 mins to get into a room and then another 5 mins before the resident came in to gather my information.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

This man is amazing! I don't understand where all the bad reviews come from. He does have a dry sense of humor, I love that. I first saw him with a female resident and she was so helpful. He's patient, listens and is able to answer all the questions I had, know matter how off the wall I thought I sounded. He was thorough with me, and ruling out certain things. I was diagnosed with PCOS (not trying to conceive) when I was 17, now 36 and I finally feel like I have a grasp on this. Thank you!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

Supposedly this guy is the lead expert on PCOS in western Canada, at least he was 'back in the day'. So it's kind of sadly cathartic to see these other comments. I became amenorrheic in my early 30s and he was able to make a cocktail to re-kickstart my cycle, more regular than it ever was prior, and I was able to get off the meds after a couple of years. Alarmingly though, he 'didn't want to waste the Premier's money' to do any lab tests (actually it's my money and your money,, isn't it?) He told me that he believed obesity could be cured by 'adding hot sauce to everything' because the reason people are fat is because they crave extra taste. Huh?? He was 'pretty sure' I had PCOS but when I told him I wasn't trying to have children he was clear about his disinterest in further interaction. Unfortunately the result is that I have no baseline lab work and he was not helpful at all in providing any certainty about a diagnosis that might have helped me relate to my GP. On the positive side, compared to other specialties, he is kinder and more human than anyone else I have had the unfortunate need to 'need'. Too bad he is a selective listener full of quack ideas, quick to make conclusions on sentiment rather than modern tools. In this day and age I expected more. But we are merely beggars in the equation. Don't expect too much.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

Dr. Bernard Corenblum's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.