You may also like

Rate Dr. Bernard Corenblum

Dr. Bernard Corenblum's Ratings

He was one of the kindest most thorough Dr.'s I've ever come across. He was organized, having read my Mom's file from 5 yrs prior before coming in to talk to ys and made syre we understood everything before we left and wrote everything we were to do down for us.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2886672].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2015

Dr. Corenblum is hands down the rudest and most arrogant doctor I have ever met. After waiting months for an appointment, and being more eager than Christmas waiting, I finally got in. It was a one hour appointment and he had me out the door in ten minutes. He did not listen to anything I had to say, interrupted, and was incorrect on much of what he had to say. He offered literally zero help, tips, advice, ANYTHING for my issue, and simply sent me back to my family doctor. It's no wonder he has the score he does. If you're going to be waiting months for an endocrinologist appointment, pick a better one and don't go through the same thing I did.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2865972].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

Stay away from this disaster of a doctor. He may be knowledgeable, but it's hard to say because he is unorganized, doesn't listen, and worst, dishonest (he lied to me about my test results). He seems to be a bit better with women than men, and having a student in the room with him prevents his immature tantrums. On top of all that, he is overly concerned that he have no responsibility for the patient's decisions, and quick to blame other doctors or even his staff for is Mr. Magoo cluelessness.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2780706].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

While he seems fairly knowledgeable about PCOS, I really found his arrogance and whole demeanor in general, very off-putting. He did take his time and explain the condition very well (but then, I know how PCOS works already. I've had it for 15 years) but that was about it. He dismissed a staple treatment of PCOS (metformin) as bunk and showed no concern nor offered any solution to my anxiety about the unwanted hair that comes along with the condition. For once, I would like to be treated by a doctor who is knowledgeable about PCOS AND is friendly and amicable. Unfortunately, it seems this combo does not exist.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1268415].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2012

Hmm am suprised at the overall positive comments about this doctor. After having my thyroid removed, I ended up with a cut in my mouth that exposed bone. I was scheduled for the radioactive iodine drink, my dentist was concerned, my gp was concerned, but Dr. Yellow Pants would not return my calls, much less see me. Really bad taste in clothing as well. On my initial visit, he said he didn't have the results of my biopsy, then phoned me 1/2 hour later to say he did. Thank goodness I had a supportive GP at the time, Dr. Corenblum may be good at what he does, but I would never reccomend him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1268414].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2012

Dr. Coremblum is the best doctor I have even known and a very kind person. He first treated me for PCOS when I was 16 and then helped me into my 30s. He was so patient and thorough in explaining my condition. He would even draw out diagrams so I could understand what the problem was. Never felt rushed. Successfully treated my hursiatism and all my other symptoms. Later on in life, he helped me get pregnant with my first child. I have known him for almost 20 years. What impressed me the most is that he always remembered who I was. Genuine person. All I can say is that my life would not have been the same with out him. Thanks Dr. Coremblum! Sofi from Calagry

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1268413].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2011

I had an awesome visit with Dr. Corenblum. He was very well informed, he took his time with me, and was very keen on allowing me to express how I was feeling about my situation. I am so grateful he was my referal. FANTASTIC doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1268412].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2011

My family doctor sent me to Dr Corenblum because some test results were repeatedly really abnormal and beyond his expertise to deal with. Dr Corenblum walked in the room and told me he was sorry for wasting my time in having me come to see him. He told me that test results mean nothing and that he didn't care what they said or didn't say. He kept telling me how i felt and when i tried to correct his presumptions he didn't like it. He told me to keep taking the meds in the dosage which was producing the abnormal test results. My concern about long term use of the meds was not even raised. When i told him that I CARED because it is affecting my life he told me to have a nice day and gestured for me to leave. So i told him off. It was maybe 5 minutes. Most useless doctor appointment i have ever had in my life. I had to wait 2 months for that appointment. And another month for him to get back to my family doctor about it. He was right; he was wasting my time.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1268416].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2011

Dr Corenblum is fantastic and really cares about his patients. Even though I now only see him once a year or so he always remembers me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1268411].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011

Dr. Corenblum is a very down to earth doctor. His initial demeanor may be off putting, but he isn't there to entertain you. Once you get to know him, you realize he's really quite a kind and funny man, who respects your intelligence. Those who go to see Dr. Corenblum must understand that the medical centre is under the UofC and therefore you will be seen in most cases by a student doctor. You may scoff, but we need more specialists in Canada. Dr. Corenblum is a leader in PCOS knowledge. He may get you to do some tests and send the results back to your personal physician instead of being called back into his office. If he doesn't need to see you because your doctor can prescribe or treat the condition, why should we waste his time. All in all, Dr Corenblum has been a great help for me, and I will always admire him for all he does.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1268410].votes_count ]]