Ratings for Dr. Bernard Corenblum

I have been seeing Dr. Corenblum for 16 years and he such a wonderful doctor. He remembers me even though it is years between appointments. He is always interested in what I have to say, and is very clear on explaining what treatments there are and the pro's and con's of them. His bedside manor is wonderful, he makes me feel very at ease and he has a wonderful sense of humor. I would recommend him to anyone that needs to see an endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

Just had an apt with him this morning. He was very nice and had a great sense of humour and was genuinely interested in my case. In the particular situation I'm in I finally feel like things are moving forward since visiting him this morning. He wasn't rude or arrogant at all.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

Wow, I can't believe how many positive reviews Dr. Corenblum has gotten! He is extremely arrogant and rude and he is on the warpath with you almost the moment he walks in the door. He cuts you off a the knees before you get to finish your sentence and scolds you like you're some unruly five year old child who has done something wrong. He does seem very knowledgeable and is very punctual but at what cost to your sanity??? I always feel so angry and disrespected and I dread having to go see him. If you like being treated like dirt, this is the doctor for you!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

I wish people would stop saying that his phones are never answered. Because This ABSOLUTELY cannot be true!! Try calling again! I dare you!!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

I'm quite shocked at the comments here. Are we talking about the same doctor? I just had my appt yesterday and Dr. Corenblum was one of the best doctors I have ever seen hands down! He had a resident there who took all my medical history and then he came in and the resident went through it thoroughly with him while I was there. He was kind, very knowledgeable, and was a great listener I thought. He even asked the receptionist to get my results from the fertitlity clinic and when they weren't able to get it he said they would try again. My appt was really close to lunch time but he still gave me the hour and never rushed me out at all. Told me what he thought I should go on medication wise. Gave me options and told me to use it for 3 mths and come back. He said if there are any complications at all or if I had any questions to please call him right away. I thought he was great and had an unbelievable bedside manner. Same with the other staff. I think I waited not even 5 mins to get into a room and then another 5 mins before the resident came in to gather my information.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

This man is amazing! I don't understand where all the bad reviews come from. He does have a dry sense of humor, I love that. I first saw him with a female resident and she was so helpful. He's patient, listens and is able to answer all the questions I had, know matter how off the wall I thought I sounded. He was thorough with me, and ruling out certain things. I was diagnosed with PCOS (not trying to conceive) when I was 17, now 36 and I finally feel like I have a grasp on this. Thank you!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

Supposedly this guy is the lead expert on PCOS in western Canada, at least he was 'back in the day'. So it's kind of sadly cathartic to see these other comments. I became amenorrheic in my early 30s and he was able to make a cocktail to re-kickstart my cycle, more regular than it ever was prior, and I was able to get off the meds after a couple of years. Alarmingly though, he 'didn't want to waste the Premier's money' to do any lab tests (actually it's my money and your money,, isn't it?) He told me that he believed obesity could be cured by 'adding hot sauce to everything' because the reason people are fat is because they crave extra taste. Huh?? He was 'pretty sure' I had PCOS but when I told him I wasn't trying to have children he was clear about his disinterest in further interaction. Unfortunately the result is that I have no baseline lab work and he was not helpful at all in providing any certainty about a diagnosis that might have helped me relate to my GP. On the positive side, compared to other specialties, he is kinder and more human than anyone else I have had the unfortunate need to 'need'. Too bad he is a selective listener full of quack ideas, quick to make conclusions on sentiment rather than modern tools. In this day and age I expected more. But we are merely beggars in the equation. Don't expect too much.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

Was seeing Dr. Corenblum for Graves disease. Ended up in the ER when I was advised to stop medication to "see what happens". After reviewing blood results with my family physician I was advised to see another endocrinologist as the numbers did not add up with what I was being told to do. I had been seeing Dr. Corenblum for over a year, and during my last appointment I was advised that I personally made the wrong decision a year ago with respect to medication vs. RAI. When seeking out a specialist for a potentially life-threatening condition, I am expecting to be told what the best course of action is, and not have a platter of options presented with zero advise as to which to choose. Bottom line is I would steer clear of this physician.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

He was one of the kindest most thorough Dr.'s I've ever come across. He was organized, having read my Mom's file from 5 yrs prior before coming in to talk to ys and made syre we understood everything before we left and wrote everything we were to do down for us.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

Dr. Corenblum is hands down the rudest and most arrogant doctor I have ever met. After waiting months for an appointment, and being more eager than Christmas waiting, I finally got in. It was a one hour appointment and he had me out the door in ten minutes. He did not listen to anything I had to say, interrupted, and was incorrect on much of what he had to say. He offered literally zero help, tips, advice, ANYTHING for my issue, and simply sent me back to my family doctor. It's no wonder he has the score he does. If you're going to be waiting months for an endocrinologist appointment, pick a better one and don't go through the same thing I did.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015