Ratings for Dr. Bernard Corenblum

I am currently seeing Dr. Corenblum for reasons relating to the fact he is the only endocrine doctor who doesn't require near weekly blood tests for testosterone/HRT, and who isn't a doctor for children( I was previously with a dr from the childrens hospital, who I liked very much ). I have a severe fear of needles, and have a weak, thin body that can't handle having blood taken on a weekly basis, and most doctors dealing with HRT require constant blood work to be done. Not to mention the travel for such is tedious on transit, so I'd rather have a doctor that asks for it once a year. Honestly... He scares me. Quite a bit. On the first meeting I had with him, to see if he'd take me on as a patient, he completely cut me off, and all but told me to keep my explanations extremely short. I've never had a doctor say that to me before, as generally speaking, they want as much information as possible -- But I suppose this is just what I have to deal with from now on, due to my previously explained fear of needles. He is quirky as many said, and has a sense of humour, and I'm sure he's a great, perfect doctor for everyone who has a personality to match. For those who are more soft-spoken, and suffer from a similar type of abuse-caused anxiety as myself, it's likely not a great fit. I will continue to see him, despite my fear, and I hope I can get accustomed to his personality enough to not be on edge the entire time he stays as my doctor.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2019

There comes a point in every doctor's career when they should seriously consider retirement. That bridge should be crossed when they no longer stay current with research and new developments in their area of speciaiization. That bridge should also be crossed when their failure to keep up-to-date in their field of expertise has the potential to create harmful outcomes for their patients. Do no harm.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2019

I have been very happy with my experiences with Dr. Corenblum. I do not find him to be arrogant or belittling at all. I was very nervous and shaky going in for the first time after my diagnosis with Grave's disease and his cheerful and humorous personality eased my nerves. He was very knowledgeable and explained what was going on and what we could do going forward in a very clear and considerate way. I find him to be very thoughtful and interested in who I am and the circumstances I am in rather than looking at me as just another patient. I would recommend him as a great endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2018

I seen Dr. Corenblum and he diagnosed me with PCOS which I had suspected. He was helpful in assisting my husband and I try to get pregnant.. However when I told him my husband and I were splitting he had no interest in treating my PCOS. So if you're trying to get pregnant, he will help you with that but if youre looking for a doctor that will help you manage PCOS, probably not the best guy to see.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2018

A year ago I visited this doctor with ongoing thyroid issues. He belittled my concerns and told me that he really didn’t need to see me but just wanted to see what I looked like and his prognosis matched the way that I looked. I was told that everything was fine. A year later I am sitting at home recovering from having my whole thyroid removed after being diagnosed with thyroid cancer. Please take the time to get a second opinion.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2018

I have had issues going on years but no one could figure out what was going on. I finally went to a clinic in California and paid to see a doctor there. They found some issues, one of which was my testosterone was in dangerously low levels. However, they did not find the reason why. My doctor in Canada finally did once she started questioning the results from the American clinic. I have a pituitary tumour. So I got referred to Dr Corenblum. Upon my initial consultation with him I found him to be extremely arrogant and condescending. He asked why I was there. I told him that my prolactin levels were elevated. He seemed annoyed with me and asked what symptoms brought me into the doctor in the first place. So I started listinthem off. He completely dismissed all of the symptoms that weren't related to having high prolactin levels. I'm sorry but you are the specialist, all symptoms should be relevant so that a complete diagnosis can be made. Not just the one that you have concluded prior to my arrival. At any rate, he suspected I had a tumour and ordered a mri. MRI confirmed the tumour. He followed up with me by saying that it didn't need to be treated. He argued with me that it wasn't affecting my testosterone levels. By the end of the conversation he seemed annoyed that I wanted to be treated. I would have saw another doctor after my initial visit but my family doctor wouldn't refer me to anyone else. Now my family doctor has moved and I have no doctor as there are no doctors in our town accepting patients. Seems like I'm stuck with this joker for the time being. If you have a choice do not see this doctor. Completely useless in my opinion

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

I had been referred to this dr due to being diagnosed with Hashimitos disease. He didn't explain the issue or ask me about my symptoms. He told me that my lab results proved that I was on the right medication. He referred to me as "cute" a number of times because I looked worried and even cried because he laughed at me when I asked a question. He told me any symptoms that I have could not be blamed on my thyroid. I've been reading enough about my issue to realize that lab results are not always the best way to treat this. I was very disappointed in this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

I've been seeing Dr. Corenblum for 21 years. He's extremely knowledgeable and I respect his opinions. He always lets me decide how I want to proceed with treatment/care, but gives his opinion. I understand why some people don't like him. He's quirky in the nutty professor sort of way. He sometimes says things off the cuff that are politically incorrect. If you can get past this and see that he is a very caring practitioner and an expert in his field, you'll be fine.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Corenblum for 16 years and he such a wonderful doctor. He remembers me even though it is years between appointments. He is always interested in what I have to say, and is very clear on explaining what treatments there are and the pro's and con's of them. His bedside manor is wonderful, he makes me feel very at ease and he has a wonderful sense of humor. I would recommend him to anyone that needs to see an endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

Just had an apt with him this morning. He was very nice and had a great sense of humour and was genuinely interested in my case. In the particular situation I'm in I finally feel like things are moving forward since visiting him this morning. He wasn't rude or arrogant at all.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016