Ratings for Dr. Stephen Senior

Dr. Senior died in a white-water canoeing accident several years ago.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2018

I cannot understand the negative comments. Are you people serious? Dr. Senior has been my MD for 30 plus years and my children all of their lives. I do not believe there is a better Family Physician in the Peterborough area. I am so very grateful to this man. Dr. Senior is a professional. Your Doctor is not your "friend". Dr. Senior does not waste our taxpayer dollars on unnecessary referrals. Thank goodness for that. He is a Doctor with a conscience. Hopefully our children will have affordable healthcare available to them. Period! I know and trust that he is very knowledgable and up-to-date on medical conditions. We can only hope that there will be new docs that take this man as a role model of what a MD should be. Thank you Dr. Senior for your many years of service and dedication to your clients.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2013

Dr Senior has been our Dr for our family for over 30 yrs. He has saved the lives of 2 members of my family. He is a wonderful,caring & knowledgeable man who we trust with our health,our children & our family.His follow-up is superior,quick & his ability to solve our problems,some quite severe over the years is spot on. He calls us with our results,relieves our fears & is a caring supportive Dr. He may come across serious but we know how sensitive he is to our needs. We are grateful every day that we have him to take care of us.We are dumbstruck that there is any negative comments made about him. We are from this community & he is so well respected & many have wished that they had him as their Dr. Thank-you Dr Senior from the bottom of our hearts for all your dedicated service you have provided us & our community for so many years.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2012

I think he's great. He listens, is kind and responsive. He squeezes people in for appointments when they need it. :)

flag | Submitted November 27, 2012

A true doc - is always there for us - hates to take time off - one of the few that still sees pts at the hospital, and nursing home. If he doesn't know something he looks it up or sends you to a specialist. Always on time

flag | Submitted August 22, 2012

This man google's your symptoms and reads about them online while you sitting next to him. he never refers you to a specialist in fact he tries to treat you himself making things worse. everything is always viral or he can't help, yet you go into the hospital emerge the next day and they admit you!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2012

Very good doctor, don't really understand all the ratings. When I've been in the ER for more pressing issues and he happened to be there, he made sure to come and see me.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2012

Dr Senior does not know when to refer people on, and when you ask to get refered he says ok, but then doesn't until you call two more times. I have two small children and it is always viral. Meanwhile I spend over a week in the hospital with one of my kids. He does not remember anything you tell him and is surprised when you tell him an important fact again. He needs to retire for sure. The only reason I'm staying with him is in hopes a better more up to date Dr takes on his practice. I suggest going to a walk in clinic if your condition continues because he will not do anything about it. Or better yet google your conditions and take your ideas to him, maybe you will get the right prescription and diagnosis.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2012

His scope of practice is very limited to the elderly. He is not up to date on his research on very basic medical knowledge pertaining to children (told me I could give my kid peanut butter at 1 year!!) and refuses to refer out when you have serious concerns. He is completely un-personable and good luck catching him on a day when he's in a good mood!!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

He doesn't treat problems and issues only symptoms. He refuses to send any of this patients to see a specialist causing their problems to become worse. He needs to retire.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011