Ratings for Dr. Marc Phord-Toy

Staff is not super friendly but the real problem is that Dr. Phord-Toy should NOT be in practice. He is very unknowledgable and have seen him several times google things when we asked a question. I have stopped seeing him for a while but my parents still do and want them to stop too. He is not willing to give simple blood tests and when he finally did he requested the wrong blood test for what we wanted to get checked for (he must have googled it wrong). And recently he received some results and told my dad that the ultrasound sees a new cancer growth but can't elaborate cause that is surgeons job and when surgeon saw my dad it was the already known tumor not a new one!!! He made my dad and entire family stressed and worried for no reason (my dad has a heart condition and high blood pressure so the extra stress did not help!). I very much would like him to be out of practice as he is a HORRIBLE doctor. I am not one to leave reviews, especially bad ones, but this doctor warrants a huge warning to people as he is playing with people's lives here.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

ALWAYS have to wait a long time, regardless what time of the day your appointment is. He comes into the appointment without refreshing his memory or referring to notes so the patient would have to remind him about what was discussed before. Not sure how knowledgeable he is cause I saw him googling a few times (but nobody can know everything, I guess). He tends to rush you back to work after surgery or accidents and gives short recovery time. OK with writing prescriptions.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

Dr. Marc is an excellent doctor, he is caring and compasionate, he is not alway punctual because he care and is very respectful of his patients. His punctuality would increase if people would not book one appointment for themselves and then bring the whole family in with them to see the doctor also. (Patients need to be more respectful of the doctors time and schedule and his other patients).

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

Not only is his office staff rude, they are incompetent. Doesn't matter how many times I've asked them to contact me for my Dad's issues (and yes, I have authority), they insist on calling him, even though he can't hear properly. Dr. Phord-Toy will request to see my Dad, and then wants to know why we're there. Well you called us! Doesn't read his notes and has absolutely NO bedside manner. His father, he is NOT. If it weren't for my Dad's age, I would definitely switch doctors. You need to be on your toes when you see him.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

His office staff are rude and you have to wait forever in the waiting room to see him. He is a bit standoffish and not a warm and welcoming doctor. Needs some bedside manner. Too bad he didn't follow in his father's footsteps.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

Excellent! He is top notch,knew his father a brilliant man and he has passed his knowledge to his son, both are excellent ! ...........Brian Desjardins

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

Doctors should only become doctors because that is their passion and calling, sadly I don't believe it is Dr. Phord-Toy calling. He is a nice man, but nice isn't going to cure whatever it is the patient is afflicted with.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2014

very good doctor would tell everyone to go to him. Very educated

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

Very dissatisfied with this doctor. He doesn't take into a clients bio-psycho-social and emotional concerns. He promotes certain medications rather than appropriately listening to his patient and feedback given. He also doesn't continue his own research on health as he was unaware of new research on a given subject. I would suggest going to a different doctor as this one was very poor.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

I dont know what people are talking about but he is a great doctor. He has always been able to help me out with any of my problems. He is always nice and courteous and takes the time to listen to what you have to say. I would recommend him to anyone that i know. I have personally never had a bad experience i have been going to him since he was in dr ngui office on fraser st.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2013