Ratings for Dr. Kettlie J. Daniels

Dr Daniels is a wonderful and understanding Doctor. Some of the ratings I see I do not understand and wonder What exactly is behind these poor reviews. Dr. Daniels is professional and takes time with listening and understanding

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

She has no issue with making threats or speaking to any random person that calls about you. This is your life or your relative life being dealt with PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

Front desk lady "Barb" is extremely rude and told me I missed appointments that she wrote on the cards they give you but the cards had different dates? Im paying out of pocket so now I owe them because of her mistake...It happened twice and the dr could care less they wont even give me my script till I pay them for my "missed appointment"

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

My husband was a patient of Dr. Daniels and had been prescribed effexor at a low-dose first,then to step up to a higher dose. I called to tell Ms. Daniels that he did not need the higher dose and the lower dose had him functioning and happy. The RECEPTIONIST REFUSED to pass the message on to the doctor, saying that if she prescribed a larger dose, then he should take the larger dose. She would not even agree to pass a message to the doctor!! My husband ended up in the ER a week later, having slashed his wrists, and was violent with the hospital staff and me. This woman and her office practices are abominable and unsafe. BEWARE!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2012

Her front desk person is VERY rude. She told me I was 20 minutes late for my appointment and that Dr. Daniels might not see me, when I was 10 minutes late. No need to overeact, front desk person. You are dealing with psych patients--the most likely to be 10 minutes late. Dr. Daniels's office was surprisingly sleek, professional and new-looking. She herself took a very good history, and treated me well. I could tell she had my best interest at heart. She might not be the most touchy-feely of people but she is a good psychiatrist, from what I could tell from one visit. But she needs to replace her front-desk person ASAP.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

Dr. Daniels uses simple logic to identify the problem and pursue it. I would never see anyone else, but her front desk person is rude.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2011

Dr. Daniels never once asked me any questions about what was causing my illness. She never referred me to a therapist. All she did was eat her grapes in front of me during my 10 minute appointment. She was not friendly and never smiled. She cared about as much about me as she did the wall. Not please with her at all.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2010

I found her to be very impersonal and with a very poor bedside manner. When I called with some problems with my medication, I had to tell my symptoms to her receptionist (who was by the way, very nice) who then relays it to the doctor. Dr. Daniels gives her response back to the receptionist who then calls you back (and this was done several times). There was quite a bit of miscommunication and because of her way of managing patient care, I remained on a dosage of meds for one month that I wasn't supposed to (the receptionist made a mistake and told me something different than the doc was recommending). When I questioned this with Dr. Daniels, and she realized there was a misunderstanding, I was met with disdain. I do not feel that she cared or was concerned, rather I was more of an annoyance. In addition, her office is in shambles at best and did not feel professional or even comfortable. I will no longer see her nor will I ever recommend her.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2010

I agree with the drug company statement. Every time I went to see her, I was kept waiting behind drug company reps who would waltz in. The therapists at her previous location were great - Diane Hill-Green in particular - but she decided Diane's diagnosis of OCD (which I realize now was quite accurate) was incorrect, despite the fact that Dr. Daniels herself had only spoken with me for a few minutes and I was seeing Diane regularly. So of course, I ended up on all the wrong medications, or just had to tell her what I wanted, which is pretty ridiculous. I should have just stuck with the talk therapy, in my opinion. Dr. Daniels would get combative with me about stopping medications; I was having horrible physical and mental effects that prevented me from functioning, and as I couldn't get an appointment for four or more weeks down the road, I had no choice but to take my medications into my own hands. For this I paid hundreds of dollars (after insurance)?

flag | Submitted January 6, 2009

Met and worked with Dr. Daniels for a year during an experimental drug test. She was always very nice and was very easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2007

Dr. Kettlie J. Daniels's Credentials

• Medical College Of Ohio At Toledo (Grad. 1987)

• BCBS Illinois