Ratings for Dr. Rod Martin

I dislocated my knee cap and in the process broke off a bone fragment. My knee didnt hurt and the fragment wasnt causing my any issues. Then a year later the fragment shifted to the back of my knee, pressing against my PCL. This cause pain and mobility issues. I had to physically push on the inside of my knee to pop the fragment away from my pcl in order to walk. After a number of xrays and 2 MRIs I thought I'd finially get it fixed. I was wrong and Dr. Martin told me "it's a minor inconvenience". I lost a significant amount of muscle in my leg and started to develop hip pain due to this issue. I since went to a different surgeon who removed the fragment and I felt instant relief.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2019

People know their bodies. And they go to a specialist to confirm, seek out more information and be more informed from a professional. After 2 decades of knee pain I was very much looking forward to this appointment. I was left confused, rushed, and felt as though I was not taken seriously. The resident student was more of the focus and I felt nothing more than guinea pig. The description and suggested course of care did not match my symptoms or concerns. It’s knee pain.... I wasn’t asked to stand (for demonstration of weight bearing movements), my capri pant legs were not even rolled up to see the knee at all. For an initial consult I spoke with the resident first, they took notes and not even 6 minute meeting with the actual doctor and left with a “diagnosis” that isn’t anything remotely close to knee related. He didn’t even want to hear me out symptom wise. Doctors are suppose to want to help people. I didn’t feel helped, reassured or put at ease about my pain at all. Disappointed and after almost 6 years of waiting to finally get an appointment with a OS, starting back at square 1 for a second opinion is just disheartening.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2019

I saw Dr. Martin today, it's been a year since our last appointment. I saw him last year about a hip replacement on my ravaged right hip. He told me that I was a candidate for the hip replacement. My hip is so painful I cried in his office, "Finally, some hope!" When I saw him today, he wiggled my leg, and launched into a discussion about amputation and how a hip replacement wasn't "in my best interest." I was confused because nothing has changed since I last saw him. I had to remind him that he said that a hip replacement was possible during our last encounter, to which he replied, "Did I?" This man gave me hope for over a year. Thank you Dr. Martin.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2019

Dr.Martin is a wonderful person,he goes above and beyond.He treats you with kindness and he really knows what he's doing,I wouldn't go to any other doctor...AMAZING

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Would recommend Dr. Martin to everyone. One of the most understanding doctors, he took the time to listen and never gave up till he helped find some kind of solution to my problem. His patience is amazing and he actually listens . Amazing doctor!!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

I've been going to Dr Martin now for about 2 years. He's done two of my knee surgeries and you could not ask for a better surgeon. He has impeccable bedside manor. He staff are awesome. I recommend him to anyone who has knee issues!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

Dr. Martin is my hero. I can not say enough about this man. If all surgeons and doctors in general could turn out like him omg our health care system would be amazing. His staff are awesome. I feel like I visiting my best friends.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Dr. Martin did my first knee surgery. His bedside manor and his knowledge went far and above anything I ever experienced.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

He was pleasant with a great bedside manner. He went over and above what was required of him. Wish i was still there so he could do the 2nd knee replacement.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

I had a 9 and a half surgery to repair a broken femur on one leg. A crushed ankle and broken leg and knee on the other leg. This man is amazing. The best surgeon the kindest and a true star.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014