Ratings for Dr. Robert J. Saltman

Have been Type 1 diabetic for 61 years and have experienced numerous diabetic specialists. Dr. Saltman is the best - he listens, cares, and has the knowledge to deal with the challenges a diabetic with heart issues. Ten years of working with Dr and would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Dr Saltman was extremely critical unhelpful and condescending in regards to my medical conditions and needs. I have Type 1 diabetes, developed as an adult. I felt this doctor never listened to me and always made me feel like my inability to lose weight was my fault. He even once said to me, "you need to try harder". At that point in time I decided to seek another endocrinologist for treatment of my diabetes. Upon seeing the new endocrinologist I was told my insulin was the dose of a Type 2 insulin resistant diabetic, so it was no wonder I was not able to lose weight despite exercise and eating properly. Within 6 weeks of seeing the new doctor, my entire regimen changed. I was put on an insulin pump, which Dr Saltman would not even consider. 3 months after seeing the new doctor, my AIC dropped a full % point. I am now taking 1/2 the insulin I did before, and have lost weight. Dr Saltman is an endocrinologist, but he uses a one treatment fits all approach in regards to diabetes.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2012

Can never see him unless its for a physical exam. Anything else and you get his nurse. Very cold and impersonal. Would recommend ANY other doctor.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

ZERO bedside manner. All he cares about is numbers - DOES NOT LISTEN! Most of staff rude, impersonal. Although he is a good Endocrinologist, I would not recommend him based on his inability to show any compassion or to listen to concerns of the people he treats. Does not return calls - every thing is done by mail. VERY frustrating.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2010

Dr saltman truly listen and helped to give me natural thryoid meds., changed my life , he is a no nonsense dr. he does listen. I like him alot.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2009

He gave me diagnosis of heart disease and told me I would need surgery, which ended up being wrong. Also secretary ordered the wrong test I called her on it and she argued with me instead of checking with the doctor. I ended up scared and went to St. John's Heart Hospital AND everything was fine. I had a complete exam and Heart surgeon said I had an athletic heart, go figure......be careful out there

flag | Submitted September 18, 2009

Dr. Saltman is not interested in listening to symptoms nor working towards their resolution for anything that is not measurable by blood testing. However, blood testing only measures what's in the bloodstream not how well the cells metabolize. I continue to search for a doctor that's truly interested in helping.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2009

I found him to be unwilling to listen to my feeling regarding my health. He strictly goes by numbers, not interested on what the patient is telling him. As far as making an appointment, the secretary refuses to make one unless you make it for a physical. I found that to be disturbing, when they don't even listen to the concerns of the patient, only demanding that a physical must be made.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2008

pushes you to his assistant except for yearly physicals that cost more i do not feel like he cares!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2007

Dr. Robert J. Saltman's Credentials

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)