Ratings for Dr. Sonnie Kim-Ashchi

Dr. Kim's rating has diminished to the lowest point. Her staff have no manners nor respect for the patients. This place needs an overhaul badly.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

I've never had the pleasure of actually meeting the doctor. On both visits for consult for my very unusual cycles and pelvic pain, I saw only Lynn the np. Turns out I have very large ovarian cysts causing some pretty awful symptoms. Thanks for the waste of time. I'm taking my body elsewhere.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

Wonderful staff. Excellent doctors. Could not have asked for better care. Would recommend this practice to all my family and friends.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Office is empty - yet wait time 20-25 minutes easy. Staff is fine - do not bother asking questions. They will charge "extra" for any questions you may have. Expect to be rushed in and out like cattle. Not a place I would recommend to any of the friends or family. If you need a quick and dirty appointment for something relatively - you should be okay - but outside of that you are looking at the wrong place. There is always traffic and the office is NOT easy to find - if you are 10 minutes late expect to be turned away and charged - which is comical. Poor experience on all fronts. Overall: Not worth the time or money. I would suggest making an appointment elsewhere.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

I cannot say enough good about Dr. Kim-Ashchi. I am writing this on behalf of my wife (she is ESOL & not so proficient at writing English) as well as myself, as I was intimately involved thru-out her recent surgery experience. Dr. Kim-Ashchi recently diagnosed my wife with having a large Ovarian Mass as well as several Fibroid Tumors and recommended surgical removal ASAP. My wife, having always been blessed with good health in her 51+ years of life was suddenly terrified at the prospect of her first ever surgery. Dr. Kim-Ashchi was so good about explaining everything including all available options to both my wife and myself. Dr. Kim-Ashchi did a wonderful job of assuaging my wife's fear of surgery & even inspiring her to be strong. She also assured my wife that having a Hysterectomy (one component of her surgery) would do nothing to diminish her "Women'ness"...another of my wife's fears. From both of us, thank you so much Dr. Kim-Ashchi...and hope you have a Wonderful Christmas!

flag | Submitted December 24, 2012

Dr kim aschi does not give time for her patients, she saw me probably 2 times throughout my whole pregnancy, and they did not detect my pre eclampsia untill i was in the delivery room, even though my blood pressure started going up at 36 weeks and i had protein in my eurine, i almost died giving birth and i had no idea what was going on. they never let me know that i had protein in my eurine until after i gave birth, and they had to explain my pre eclampsia. i will never be treated there again.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

This office is terrible! I had my first daughter with them and I didn't see the signs of a unprofessinal practice until I was pregnant with my son. The old NP Sherry who is now at Baptist was always very nice and made sure she could do everything to help. I met Dr. Kim-Aschi once during the whole 10 months of pregnancy. The midwife Lynn even delievered my daughter. I didnt realize this was common for her not to be around. When I found out I was pregnant with my son, I tried to get FMLA which wasn't a problem before, the new NP told me she would fill out my paperwork "as needed"?! She told me whenever I was sick i needed to come into the office and been seen. I advised her that I work weekends and nights so when I called when I was sick I got no answer because they were closed. She said that there was nothing she could do. So when I called and cancelled my appointment a week in advance and told them I switched doctors they charged me a $25 cancellation fee! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME HERE!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2010

I'm 44 years old and had breast cancer 12 years ago so I have seen my fair share of doctors. Dr Kim-Ashchi is my favorite Doctor I've ever had. I've been seeing her for about 5 months for pre menopausal issues. I've never had to wait to be seen. The whole staff is so wonderful that I would love to work there just to spend the day with them! Sheri (the P.A) and Dr Kim-Ashchi feel like long lost friends so much so that when Dr Kim-Ashchi saw me in the parking lot of Costco this past weekend, she ran over to give me a hug! She is extremely knowledgeable and will call you herself to check up on you as will Sheri. They are all easy to get on the phone and will get you same day if necessary. All the offices are relaxing and inviting. Cindy T

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

I have been going to see Dr. Kim-Ashchi for a few years. She delivered my 2 children. I am not sure what is going on, but she goes through practioner help like most people go through toilet paper. I had to have a procedure in the office, and during the appointment, she kept insulting the assistant she had in the room with her. She is rude, and has this attitude that we are beneath her. I really don't understand why her nurse Kathy has stayed with her so long, maybe due to the economy and too close to retirement. Dr. Thomas left because her 'contract ended'...highly doubt that! I had an apointment that was rescheduled 4 times, then when my appointment came, to my surprize I got to see a NEW midwife. Leaving the room, the midwife was asking the other nurse what meds to give me and what dose..yeah, that made me comfortable! It's only a matter of time, before she has the nicest 'clinic' in Jacksonville, and a new staff will be there. God bless the workers there that put up with her crap!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2008

I had to switch OB because of an insurance change at my husband's work. Dr. Kim-Ashchi was recommended to me by a good friend and as she took our insurance I called the office for an appointment. I had excelent service throughout all of my visits and as it turned out I went 1 week overdue and then had to be induced. This was quite scarry as I was 100% natural delivery with my previous 4 children and being on an IV was quite a change. Dr. Kim-Ashchi was very helpful and patient as I asked many questions about the procedure and what to expect. I would recomend her to anyone who asks for a great person and a fantastic OB.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2008