You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Paul Duffy

My experience with Dr. Duffy regarding my broken hip was excellent. I found him very knowledgeable, caring and though busy still willing to answer questions. Dealing with a traumatic accident isn't fun but a benefit is getting to meet all sorts of lovely and knowledgeable people that you wouldn't have otherwise. I highly recommend Dr. Duffy and as an aside his Caleo location is super convenient.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

A lawyer who specializes in malpractice highly recommended Dr. Duffy to me to remove, from my femur, hardware that was sticking out 1 cm shown in X-Rays, previously poorly done by Dr. Buckley. In the paper I signed, when I first saw Dr. Duffy and he agreed to perform the surgery, I wrote that I did not want any students to perform the surgery – due to my bad experience with Buckley. On the operating table, I again told Duffy I did not want his students to perform the surgery. He knew I was worried about this. Duffy left me with a very deep and ugly scar. I went back to see Duffy and asked him if the scar would improve. I was shocked by the way he responded to me. He was sarcastic, defensive and disdainful. He told me he had performed the stitching, not his student (this seems to be a blatant lie according to the explanation given by my GP), and Duffy added that if I didn’t like it I should go to Buckley to fix it; and why did it bother me? When I asked him if he could fix it, in a defensive tone he said no, and that I should go to a cosmetic surgeon, but he doubted they would help me; and sarcastically he added that if I wear a bathing suit, and people stare at my scar I should tell them I broke my hip. I had placed all my trust in Duffy, since he was highly recommended by a lawyer; but how unethically disappointing! As another lawyer told me, the best students who graduate from medical school run to the US to practice, and here in Canada we are left with the ‘B’s and the ‘C’s, we are left with the mediocrity. I am travelling to Mexico, and will wear a bathing suit, and when people will stare at my deep and ugly scar I will point at it and tell them: “this is what mediocre, incompetent and disgraceful Canadian surgeons do to their patients, and if patients don’t like it, these butchers don’t care!” and I will gladly provide their names as well. His defensive and sarcastic comments, indicated to me that he couldn’t care less, since his incompetent and stupid student practiced on me, and if she screwed up, this would not be her or his problem, but mine. It seems that this Rollick gal performed the poor stitching of my wound.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

I had THR in 2010 and have been in pain and discomfort ever since. When I did return to his office regarding the pain and lumpy looking thigh he was very dismissive. I wanted another opinion, (which he did not want me to have), however his office did write a very nasty letter about me to another physician. Nine months post op, the referring physican did further tests which indicated I had a fracture in the trochanter which most likely happend during surgery when hammering the pin into the femur. I was advised to take it easy since it was too late to wire the leg. I still suffer from constant mid thigh pain and my current physician is reluctant to fix what he referred to as "someone else's error". Needless to say I am also reluctant for more surgery!!!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2015

Diagnosed with arthritis in left hip at 50 yrs old. After short wait was told by Dr Duffy I needed a THR. ( I was totally in shock and scared) After a few appointments and a short wait I was scheduled for THR in Jan of 2012. I was self employed and if you don't work you don't get paid. I was told to be off work from 3 - 6 months. I work in the construction field and was back to work in 5 weeks (a little slow at first but the therapy was good for me). Its been 2 years and was the best decision I have ever made. NO PAIN, NO LIMP. I skied over 30 times last year and not the least bit of pain. DR Duffy was awesome through out the whole process, I would recommend him and his staff to anyone looking for Hip Replacement.......Brian

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014

After an open fracture that split my patella in two, I was lucky enough to have Dr Duffy as my surgeon. He is very knowledgeable, treated me with great care and sincerity and was extremely patient with all my questions and concerns. I've seen other surgeons before, and Dr Duffy is truly an amazing doctor.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013

I had the good fortune of having Dr. Duffy perform reconstructive arm surgery and do both knee replacements within a 3 year span. Stellar work and results from him and his team.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2013

Paul duffy saved my leg-need I say more. He is empathetic to a degree that is amazing. I love this man. He is the best. Paul if you read this it is Larry Gilliam.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2013

Very lucky to have been referred to Dr. Duffy. Broke my patella and he's was very knowledgable and explained everything in detail to me in ways that anyone could understand. Always had time for questions and concerns. Resident doctors have been very helpful and knowledgable....hopefully I won't require an orthopedic referral again but if I did I would want it to be to Dr. Duffy. Very busy clinic and sometimes there is a bit if a wait but given the circumstances and level of care it's not unreasonable. It's nice that he remembers his patients and their cases although he clearly sees tonnes of people....there is one cranky receptionist there but everyone else is fantastic ;)

flag | Submitted November 20, 2012

Was always late and seemed distracted. Examinations and follow-ups felt cursory. No complaints on how the surgery ultimately turned out but I was unable to engage him in any way to deal with questions and concerns. He just did not seem to care, or at least gave the impression that he had better things to do.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2012

I recieved a THR from DR Duffy in Dec 2010. Paul told me I should have had it changed 10 years ago.! He commented on how destroyed it was . Well its 15 months post surgery and things are fantastic! I have no pain and I'm able to enjoy life on a totally new level ! Thanks DR. Duffy. My result in waiting so long led me to Dr. Duffy and it was worth the wait. The relief I feel now everyone deserves .So if your suffering my advice is " don't" Terry.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

Dr. Paul Duffy's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "My experience with Dr. Duffy regarding my broken hip was excellent. I found him very knowledgeable, caring and though busy still willing to answer questions. ..."

March 15, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "A lawyer who specializes in malpractice highly recommended Dr. Duffy to me to remove, from my femur, hardware that was sticking out 1 cm shown in X-Rays, previo..."

February 11, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I had THR in 2010 and have been in pain and discomfort ever since. When I did return to his office regarding the pain and lumpy looking thigh he was very dism..."

November 8, 2015