You may also like

I had THR in 2010 and have been in pain and discomfort ever since. When I did return to his office regarding the pain and lumpy looking thigh he was very dismissive. I wanted another opinion, (which he did not want me to have), however his office did write a very nasty letter about me to another physician. Nine months post op, the referring physican did further tests which indicated I had a fracture in the trochanter which most likely happend during surgery when hammering the pin into the femur. I was advised to take it easy since it was too late to wire the leg. I still suffer from constant mid thigh pain and my current physician is reluctant to fix what he referred to as "someone else's error". Needless to say I am also reluctant for more surgery!!!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2015

Diagnosed with arthritis in left hip at 50 yrs old. After short wait was told by Dr Duffy I needed a THR. ( I was totally in shock and scared) After a few appointments and a short wait I was scheduled for THR in Jan of 2012. I was self employed and if you don't work you don't get paid. I was told to be off work from 3 - 6 months. I work in the construction field and was back to work in 5 weeks (a little slow at first but the therapy was good for me). Its been 2 years and was the best decision I have ever made. NO PAIN, NO LIMP. I skied over 30 times last year and not the least bit of pain. DR Duffy was awesome through out the whole process, I would recommend him and his staff to anyone looking for Hip Replacement.......Brian

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014

After an open fracture that split my patella in two, I was lucky enough to have Dr Duffy as my surgeon. He is very knowledgeable, treated me with great care and sincerity and was extremely patient with all my questions and concerns. I've seen other surgeons before, and Dr Duffy is truly an amazing doctor.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013

I had the good fortune of having Dr. Duffy perform reconstructive arm surgery and do both knee replacements within a 3 year span. Stellar work and results from him and his team.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2013

Paul duffy saved my leg-need I say more. He is empathetic to a degree that is amazing. I love this man. He is the best. Paul if you read this it is Larry Gilliam.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2013

Very lucky to have been referred to Dr. Duffy. Broke my patella and he's was very knowledgable and explained everything in detail to me in ways that anyone could understand. Always had time for questions and concerns. Resident doctors have been very helpful and knowledgable....hopefully I won't require an orthopedic referral again but if I did I would want it to be to Dr. Duffy. Very busy clinic and sometimes there is a bit if a wait but given the circumstances and level of care it's not unreasonable. It's nice that he remembers his patients and their cases although he clearly sees tonnes of people....there is one cranky receptionist there but everyone else is fantastic ;)

flag | Submitted November 20, 2012

Was always late and seemed distracted. Examinations and follow-ups felt cursory. No complaints on how the surgery ultimately turned out but I was unable to engage him in any way to deal with questions and concerns. He just did not seem to care, or at least gave the impression that he had better things to do.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2012

I recieved a THR from DR Duffy in Dec 2010. Paul told me I should have had it changed 10 years ago.! He commented on how destroyed it was . Well its 15 months post surgery and things are fantastic! I have no pain and I'm able to enjoy life on a totally new level ! Thanks DR. Duffy. My result in waiting so long led me to Dr. Duffy and it was worth the wait. The relief I feel now everyone deserves .So if your suffering my advice is " don't" Terry.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

I broke my humerus 7 months ago. I didn't have surgery, just a trip to the ED to reduce the fracture. Dr. Duffy is busy, but he or his interns always makes time for my questions. Sometimes the clinic runs late or they have to reschedule. In general, if you have a serious problem they will take care of it. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011

I shattered my acetabulum in 07,which Paul repaired. I was able to go back to work after extensive physio, but pain persisted. Yearly check-ups showed loss of cartilage in joint and my range of motion was limited. It took 3 years of complaining,but Paul finally relented and booked me for total hip replacement. His reasons for not doing it sooner were that I am too young (52). Surgery went very well and I am now pain free and currently in physio to strenghten my operative leg and hip. I have recommended Dr.Duffy to several friends without reservation.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2011

Dr. Paul Duffy's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I had THR in 2010 and have been in pain and discomfort ever since. When I did return to his office regarding the pain and lumpy looking thigh he was very dism..."

November 8, 2015