Ratings for Dr. Paul Duffy

awaiting my 2nd THR with Dr D and his awesome crew, can't speak highly enough of all at the Alberta Hip n Knee Clinic 🤘🤘

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Crashed riding my bicycle in 2016. Displaced fracture of right collar bone. Dr. Duffy put in hook plate with 6 screws to put bone back together. Dr. Duffy advised that the hook plate might cause future pinching in the shoulder joint. I told Dr. Duffy that I needed to be able to do two things post accident, swim and golf. After 5 months of rehab (6 days a week), shoulder strength was back to 95%, but... I had to stop swimming due to shoulder pain and was unable to follow through with my golf swing due to pinching (exactly as I was first advised). Follow up appointment with Dr. Duffy led to second surgery a few weeks later to remove plate and screws. Dr. Duffy advised that as soon as I woke up, I would notice that the pinching would be gone. Lo and behold, 90 minutes later I woke up and the pinching was gone. Another 3 months of rehab and I was able to play 18 holes of golf without any issue and able to swim 1500 meters without irritation. Staff at the clinic were always polite, professional and helpful. Appointments sometimes started late, but let's face it, Dr. Duffy is a trauma surgeon who is not able to control his schedule 100% of the time. I believe it helps if patients have a clear understanding of their position on the priority list.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

I slipped and fell on ice 2 days before Christmas. I fractured my patella in 3 places and needed surgery. Dr. Duffy was able to perform the surgery and have me home before Christmas. It’s been a long few months but I’m finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. My follow ups with Dr Duffy at the FHH Cast Clinic are quick but I’ve never felt rushed. Dr. Duffy is pleasant, friendly, knowledgeable and compassionate. The cast clinic is very well run.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2018

This mediocre and incompetent individual and his incompetent and mediocre students - mediocrity and incompetency teaching mediocre and incompetent students, and a liar as well, conducted surgery on my hip and left me two holes. His mediocre and incompetent students stitched me the wrong way leaving me two holes that now the Alberta government will pay for me to go through another surgery to fix this, and a different doctor of course. But duffy guy disgracefully told me that this is the way I heal. Where was this duffy mediocre and incompetent guy while his students were stitching me the wrong way? Never allow this mediocre and incompetent mediocre guy touch you or your family, and then lie to you. He is an absolute disgrace. He should be jailed.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

Skillful, adept surgeon... professional and competent assistants. My fracture was not one with a straightforward remedy, but since the break, and subsequent surgery, I have not experienced any complications and am experiencing a rather surprising seamless and fast recovery. It is often noted that the medical students that received A's moved to the US.. I do not believe it's true, as we have amazing talent and competency right here at home.. Dr. Duffy is one such example.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

Had motorcycle accident in India, rushed NBA know home and Dr P Duffy did my surgery for a broken collar bone. He has done a fabulous job, a week later I stopped taking pain medication and am able to move my arm quite freely. Excellent bedside manners, very friendly and put one at ease. I would very highly recommend this brilliant doctor.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

Dr Duffy is incredible. He took the time to answer every question we had, and also makes you feel like an individual instead of just another patient. We always felt like a priority, his knowledge was excellent, and his bedside manners were amazing. We feel so lucky to have had him as a our surgeon, and highly recommend him!!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

Went to Dr Duffy for severe pain in ankle for about 5 months. Told me it was postpartum hormones and to come back in 4 months. Pain was excruciating and he finally ordered a CT. Shows that I have severe arthritis from injury sustained two weeks postpartum. Told me that he would refer me to another doctor and I had to follow up as he did not send the referral in until I called and demanded it be sent. He is overbooked and just does not seem to really listen to his patients.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

I had two knee replacements with Dr. Duffy and his staff. He and his staff were always professional, caring, and ready and willing to answer my questions. I now have my life back and can't thank them enough. I would and do recommend him to anyone who asks.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

I had a great experience with Dr. Duffy. I had a ruptured bicep and since Dr. Duffy repaired it I have been able to fully return to all my previous activities( cycling and weightlifting). He was nothing but professional and knowledgeable. Highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016