Ratings for Dr. Robert B. Rook

I moved from Dr John Smith, because it took over an hour in the waiting room past my apointment time everytime, have not regretted the move. Dr Rook listens and never acts like he is in a rush .

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

My 89 year old mom has gone to him for years .She was having blood pressure problems again. I called the office fairly close to closing time to ask if they could please work her in .... No. Have to edit until the next day. I practically begged . He boulders not have many patients left to see at that time of day. No concern what so ever from receptionist. Didn't even ask how high blood pressure wax. Etc. They do not care. Will not be taking my mom there again. !!!!! Surprised he still has a practice. Sad !

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

I have read other reviews about having trouble getting presrciptions refilled on a timely basis, and I have to agree that I have had some issues with this. I live several miles from Conway, and sometimes it takes three trips to town to get my prescriptions refilled. So I am only able to give his staff two stars. But Dr. Rook himself listens patiently more than any other doctor I have ever seen (and I have seen a few)... and seems to genuinely care about my well-being.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Told him I had terrible back pain in the center of my spine. He ordered a lumbar MRI because "generally it's the lower back that causes problems." He doesn't listen, he doesn't care, and will absolutely not admit his mistakes. Office staff gets 1 star for not mailing me the results of my lab tests I requested, AND they claimed to not have my phone number three times over the last two years. RIDICULOUS.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

Wow this guy doesn't care about my concerns or opinions regarding my healthcare. He doesn't listen and doesn't care. Zero compassion. He's a robot that says the same thing no matter what I say. Good thing he has an iPad with webmd on it so he can fool his patients into thinking he knows what he is talking about. What a waste of time.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

I had to get a prescription refill and it took them over 6 days to it refilled. I was hung up on twice by the receptionists when I called to confirm. I had to show up in person to ensure they actually received the refill request paperwork. It took over 45 minutes. I had to call up Target twice more to request resending the request but they "never showed up". Target suggested doing a phone refill. I told the receptionist that the pharmacy would now be calling. What happens next still baffles me: Target calls and the phone rings. The receptionist ignores it, I mention it's probably Target calling, she picks up the phone, puts them on hold, faces a wall and begins clicking her pen. Not dealing with paperwork, but staring at the wall. After an uncomfortable silence, she walks off. The receptionist returns 10 minutes later, then tells me they'd "found my refill request" and will have Dr. Rook look at it "when he can". It was still another 2 days before Target received the refill.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2013

I went with my loved one who wanted to address her liver disease and suicidal thoughts. This is her regular doctor He let her walk right out of the office with several medications he prescribed; which included Adderall and Xanax, and told us he would talk to us after the blood work came back. It has now been almost two weeks, and I have called the office the past two days with no call back. The front desk has told me the blood work was back from the hospital and that he would call me back..still nothing. He does not care about his patients. It seems to be all about getting patients hooked on drugs to insure they will come back and pay him. Then when their liver fails, too bad.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

I passed out and was transported to the Hospital via ambulance where I was under evaluation. I was seen by a cardiologist and Dr Rook and was told that I had Atrial fibrillation (AF or A-fib) by my heart Doctor. This week I started feeling worst than I did and was Transported back to the Hospital by Ambulance due to the fact my heart rate was pushing the 150 make and BP was 192/155. As of yesterday I was seen by several Doctors and they found out that is was the meds that I was put on that were causing me to have these "life threatening syndromes" The issue falls on my two Doctors, my Cardiologist was the only one that was suppose to be treating me in the Hospital but my primary Doctor also prescribed me meds too without telling the Cardiologist what he was prescribing me. The med were a lethal combination that could have killed me between the two doctors. BOTTOM LINE: Doctor Rook is not a hands on Doctor nor does he care! I DO NOT RECOMMEND HIM AT ALL.... It's all about money to him..

flag | Submitted February 13, 2013

As a Registered Nurse, I feel that Dr. Rook is not as aggressive at treating illnesses and injuries as I would like in a doctor. While there is something to be said for being cautious, there is indeed a limit to the "wait and see" approach. I went with a friend that was experiencing depression and suicidal thoughts, expecting blood draws for a thyroid check, and some prescription anti-depressants. After explaining her symptoms to Dr. Rook, my friend was sent home with instructions to "return in two weeks if her symptoms did not improve." We ended up in the emergency room the next night, with my hysterical friend threatening suicide, and switched doctors soon after.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2010

He is a very good doctor. He listens and seems to be very concerned with his patients. I will be back. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2010

Dr. Robert B. Rook's Credentials

• University Of Arkansas College Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal