Ratings for Dr. Pankaj Dhawan

Dr. Dhawan is an outstanding specialist who demonstrates kindness and very helpful advice and expertise. In fact, Dr. Dhawan provides the best medical treatment to me and my husband that we have ever encountered. I used to be in 24 hour excruciating pain in my spine. I never thought I would be pain free again and tried everything for 20 years! I never thought I would experience a fulfilling life, but Dr. Dhawan has provided that for me. I now have increased mobility, and many pain free hours. I can do much more than I could before his treatments. I'm so thankful to him for the high level of care and medical knowledge he has provided to help with my upper back problems, and to help my husband with his crushing injuries and migraines.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

doctor dhawan is so nice and educated person but his staff is so rude specially receptionist

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

He is the BEST specialist I know. He's been helping me for over 15 years and is almost a Miracle Worker. He helps me with my Migraines, my arms (bursitis in the shoulder, tennis & golfers elbow and tendinitis), as well as bursitis in my hips, my herniated discs in my lower back and upper neck, etc etc. Plus he is an EXCELLENT Therapist. He is like my family...,only BETTER. He makes me feel good both physically and emotionally. Supportive and Caring to a fault. I LOVE HIM (professionally)

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

Over the years he has always been cheerful and helpful and always on time. (Really unusual!) He has helped me immensely, even fixing something left over from the work of another specialist. He could have sent me back to the specialist but he knew exactly what the problem was and relieved me of the extra pain in seconds with a well placed injection. Many (most?) docs will not tread on another docs work. As for my back pain, over years we have reduced the pain to a tolerable level with a variety of treatments, not necessarily medical (ie he urged me to redouble my efforts with meditation which did bear fruit after a long period of practice.). As to his problem with female patients, and I do not dismiss the gravity of the complaints, always take a friend to act as chaperone. Simply use him (He is a terrific source of knowledge). You do not have to like him.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Dr. Dhwan is a very kind and helpful man. He takes time to listen and is always respectful and has a nurse present when he treats me.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

All FEMALE patients or staff please be aware of this sick and disgusting man! This man has had many disciplinary actions against him! I am also a victim of his inappropriate gestures and comments made against me. I hope this man is never allowed to practice again!!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

This man may have some histo ry in his past, but I am a female that has been seeing him for 12 years since a car accident. If it weren't nor add. Dhawan the quality of my life would be greatly reduced. It is thanks to this man that I can still be active and enjoy life. I think he is amazing, look forward to my visits, an would recommend anyone in chronic pain see him.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

Dr. Pankaj Dhawan's discipline history goes back nearly two decades, and involves two colleges, six patients and one student. The Vancouver physician has been disciplined four times in the last 18 years. He continues to practise. The physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist first faced discipline in 1997 by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia. Five women complained. The panel found his actions amounted to professional misconduct against all of them. The panel found he slapped a 20-year-old patient on the buttocks. It also found he told her that she was attractive and invited her to play tennis with him "when no one would be around, and suggested that she not tell her family physician of his invitation," the decision states. The decision states the panel concluded he conducted a breast exam on a patient who was also a registered nurse that was "inappropriate, unprofessional and unnecessary and amounted to professional misconduct." He touched another patient's breasts inappropriately and pricked her nipples; he removed clothing on two patients that did not need to be removed; entered the change room before a patient put on her gown and, in the case of two patients, provided no covering at all, according to the panel's findings. Dhawan's right to practice was suspended for six months and he was required to have a chaperone present when he examined female patients. "Counsel for Dr. Dhawan strongly disagreed with the characterization of the findings by counsel for the College. The panel was urged to conclude that the offences committed by Dr. Dhawan were at the low end of the scale particularly when comparing these offences with the reported cases on sexual misconduct. Counsel for Dr. Dhawan submitted that an appropriate penalty for Dr. Dhawan would be a reprimand or short suspension," according to the college's decision. Dhawan later moved his practice to B.C. He was called before a B.C. disciplinary committee in 2004. Dhawan was suspended by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of B.C. for a month for unprofessional conduct and he was required to have a college-approved chaperone present when treating women. He admitted he invited a patient for coffee where he engaged in a personal discussion, held the patient's hand and touched her face, according to the college. In 2009, the B.C. college reprimanded and fined Dhawan $3,500 for breaching the conditions on his registration that were imposed after he was disciplined in 2004. He used medical students as chaperones who were not approved by the college. No patient complained about Dhawan when he was using the unauthorized chaperones. Dhawan was again reprimanded for unprofessional conduct in 2010. He admitted he hugged and kissed one of his medical students and engaged in inappropriate conversations, according to the B.C. college. His penalty did not include a suspension, but he was ordered to pay $4,000 in costs. Dhawan is currently practising in Vancouver under a "conditional-disciplined" registration. There is no mention of the Nova Scotia college's discipline in his B.C. physician profile.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

Dr Dhawan is a chronic, untreatable, repeat offender when it comes to being sexually abusive with his female patients. It had been going on for some time before his first addressing by the NS College of Physicians & Surgeons. He continued on with it even after going to the US for treatment. I would strongly suggest that all of his female patients have someone with them while being examined by this man. It's the only way around being treated by him. If he senses that you're even a tiny bit fragile ( esp after being in pain for so long) he sees this as a prime opportunity to pounce. He continues to receive minor slaps on the wrist until enough people complain. Then it's time for him to move on somewhere else. He seems to believe that he's untouchable ( and perhaps he is ) . He has caused a lot of damage to his female patients & this should never be tolerated esp. given the imbalance of power . This current Marketplace show ("Doctors without Boundaries") speaks to the scope of this type of crime taking place in the name of " Medicine" . While I'm happy that we got rid of him in NS, I feel badly to hear about his repeat behaviours in BC. & the unsuspecting patients yet to see him. Beware if he offers to see you outside the office, to play tennis, have a meal , give you his private phone number,etc. It's the start of something bad. Sent from my iPad

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/doctor-nova-scotia-misconduct-1.3406140 Disgusting. Dhawan's right to practice was suspended for six months and he was required to have a chaperone present when he examined female patients.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016