Ratings for Dr. Pankaj Dhawan

All FEMALE patients or staff please be aware of this sick and disgusting man! This man has had many disciplinary actions against him! I am also a victim of his inappropriate gestures and comments made against me. I hope this man is never allowed to practice again!!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

This man may have some histo ry in his past, but I am a female that has been seeing him for 12 years since a car accident. If it weren't nor add. Dhawan the quality of my life would be greatly reduced. It is thanks to this man that I can still be active and enjoy life. I think he is amazing, look forward to my visits, an would recommend anyone in chronic pain see him.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

Dr. Pankaj Dhawan's discipline history goes back nearly two decades, and involves two colleges, six patients and one student. The Vancouver physician has been disciplined four times in the last 18 years. He continues to practise. The physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist first faced discipline in 1997 by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia. Five women complained. The panel found his actions amounted to professional misconduct against all of them. The panel found he slapped a 20-year-old patient on the buttocks. It also found he told her that she was attractive and invited her to play tennis with him "when no one would be around, and suggested that she not tell her family physician of his invitation," the decision states. The decision states the panel concluded he conducted a breast exam on a patient who was also a registered nurse that was "inappropriate, unprofessional and unnecessary and amounted to professional misconduct." He touched another patient's breasts inappropriately and pricked her nipples; he removed clothing on two patients that did not need to be removed; entered the change room before a patient put on her gown and, in the case of two patients, provided no covering at all, according to the panel's findings. Dhawan's right to practice was suspended for six months and he was required to have a chaperone present when he examined female patients. "Counsel for Dr. Dhawan strongly disagreed with the characterization of the findings by counsel for the College. The panel was urged to conclude that the offences committed by Dr. Dhawan were at the low end of the scale particularly when comparing these offences with the reported cases on sexual misconduct. Counsel for Dr. Dhawan submitted that an appropriate penalty for Dr. Dhawan would be a reprimand or short suspension," according to the college's decision. Dhawan later moved his practice to B.C. He was called before a B.C. disciplinary committee in 2004. Dhawan was suspended by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of B.C. for a month for unprofessional conduct and he was required to have a college-approved chaperone present when treating women. He admitted he invited a patient for coffee where he engaged in a personal discussion, held the patient's hand and touched her face, according to the college. In 2009, the B.C. college reprimanded and fined Dhawan $3,500 for breaching the conditions on his registration that were imposed after he was disciplined in 2004. He used medical students as chaperones who were not approved by the college. No patient complained about Dhawan when he was using the unauthorized chaperones. Dhawan was again reprimanded for unprofessional conduct in 2010. He admitted he hugged and kissed one of his medical students and engaged in inappropriate conversations, according to the B.C. college. His penalty did not include a suspension, but he was ordered to pay $4,000 in costs. Dhawan is currently practising in Vancouver under a "conditional-disciplined" registration. There is no mention of the Nova Scotia college's discipline in his B.C. physician profile.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

Dr Dhawan is a chronic, untreatable, repeat offender when it comes to being sexually abusive with his female patients. It had been going on for some time before his first addressing by the NS College of Physicians & Surgeons. He continued on with it even after going to the US for treatment. I would strongly suggest that all of his female patients have someone with them while being examined by this man. It's the only way around being treated by him. If he senses that you're even a tiny bit fragile ( esp after being in pain for so long) he sees this as a prime opportunity to pounce. He continues to receive minor slaps on the wrist until enough people complain. Then it's time for him to move on somewhere else. He seems to believe that he's untouchable ( and perhaps he is ) . He has caused a lot of damage to his female patients & this should never be tolerated esp. given the imbalance of power . This current Marketplace show ("Doctors without Boundaries") speaks to the scope of this type of crime taking place in the name of " Medicine" . While I'm happy that we got rid of him in NS, I feel badly to hear about his repeat behaviours in BC. & the unsuspecting patients yet to see him. Beware if he offers to see you outside the office, to play tennis, have a meal , give you his private phone number,etc. It's the start of something bad. Sent from my iPad

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/doctor-nova-scotia-misconduct-1.3406140 Disgusting. Dhawan's right to practice was suspended for six months and he was required to have a chaperone present when he examined female patients.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

I waited 11 months and finally saw Dr Dwahan today on Dec 07 2015.He was punctual and very polite and also humurous in a nice way.I was with my Wife and she was invited in with me.He looked at my MRI and ask allot of questions to validate my condition which is a very worn out lower back with two disks worn out and one bulged causing extreme siatic pain that even 200 mg of hydromorphone wouldn't take away or lower to the point I could sleep for more than 30 minuets.We talked about his carrer and him being a heart surgeon in India and how it made him very rude and egotistical and didn't know it until he changed his area of practice.Dr Dwahan offered injestions which I agreed to and was so fast but no pain was involved and he was professional .As far as touching me he was fine and that is what doctors do for a living and it seems some people just look for an excuse that a person touched them where they shouldn't because there bodies are some important temple or its just money they want.I do not agree with a small mistake as being bad and all people do make mistakes.This fellow was probably the best specialist I have ever seen and in my lifetime of extreme pain I have seen over 30 including 5 surgeons . I would recommend him to anyone including women with phobias of male doctors or probably any male touching them.The procedure I had included spinal injections with very little needle pain and after he made me wait for 30 mins to see how I reacted I got to leave so he did care allot also.He made time for me and is very busy due to his great references by allot of Physicians.I was treated very well and his advise for my back was very valuable plus he told the receptionist to fit me in if needed due to my pain level if need before my next visit.This is one guy I honest can say I cant wait to see again for his insight and making me feel good with injections and words.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

Although Dr. Dhawan has an unusual personality, he has helped immensely with pain relief in my neck and shoulder. He is very quick and efficient with cortisone shots and knows how to focus your attention elsewhere when having huge needles stuck in to your back. As a female, I sometimes feel a bit awkward with him; but having a chaperone in the room really helps relieve any anxieties I have about his past. He has a very forward personality and can come off as a bit peculiar, but he is a very skillful doctor. If you don't mind feeling a bit awkward for 10 minutes, Dr. Dhawan is a great physician who knows his stuff. Before seeing Dr. Dhawan, I thought I would never feel relief from my back/shoulder/neck pain. I am improving every visit.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

Dr Dhawan has been my saving grace with pain management. He has given me hope and options to reduce my pain significantly and is 100% supportive of my symptoms and feelings. This journey has been very long for me and I have never met a doctor in the BC medical system that cares for his patients this much. I drive 2 hours each way to see him for my appointments and am never disappointed. Thank you Dr D!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

This is probably the doctor that saved my life. He's a good person

flag | Submitted February 14, 2015

Best doctor for his specialty in vancouver. Never met a doctor more wise, professional and humble. He is also very kind and knowledgeable, wouldn't recommend anyone else

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015