Ratings for Dr. Pankaj Dhawan

Dr Dhawan is a chronic, untreatable, repeat offender when it comes to being sexually abusive with his female patients. It had been going on for some time before his first addressing by the NS College of Physicians & Surgeons. He continued on with it even after going to the US for treatment. I would strongly suggest that all of his female patients have someone with them while being examined by this man. It's the only way around being treated by him. If he senses that you're even a tiny bit fragile ( esp after being in pain for so long) he sees this as a prime opportunity to pounce. He continues to receive minor slaps on the wrist until enough people complain. Then it's time for him to move on somewhere else. He seems to believe that he's untouchable ( and perhaps he is ) . He has caused a lot of damage to his female patients & this should never be tolerated esp. given the imbalance of power . This current Marketplace show ("Doctors without Boundaries") speaks to the scope of this type of crime taking place in the name of " Medicine" . While I'm happy that we got rid of him in NS, I feel badly to hear about his repeat behaviours in BC. & the unsuspecting patients yet to see him. Beware if he offers to see you outside the office, to play tennis, have a meal , give you his private phone number,etc. It's the start of something bad. Sent from my iPad

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/doctor-nova-scotia-misconduct-1.3406140 Disgusting. Dhawan's right to practice was suspended for six months and he was required to have a chaperone present when he examined female patients.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

I waited 11 months and finally saw Dr Dwahan today on Dec 07 2015.He was punctual and very polite and also humurous in a nice way.I was with my Wife and she was invited in with me.He looked at my MRI and ask allot of questions to validate my condition which is a very worn out lower back with two disks worn out and one bulged causing extreme siatic pain that even 200 mg of hydromorphone wouldn't take away or lower to the point I could sleep for more than 30 minuets.We talked about his carrer and him being a heart surgeon in India and how it made him very rude and egotistical and didn't know it until he changed his area of practice.Dr Dwahan offered injestions which I agreed to and was so fast but no pain was involved and he was professional .As far as touching me he was fine and that is what doctors do for a living and it seems some people just look for an excuse that a person touched them where they shouldn't because there bodies are some important temple or its just money they want.I do not agree with a small mistake as being bad and all people do make mistakes.This fellow was probably the best specialist I have ever seen and in my lifetime of extreme pain I have seen over 30 including 5 surgeons . I would recommend him to anyone including women with phobias of male doctors or probably any male touching them.The procedure I had included spinal injections with very little needle pain and after he made me wait for 30 mins to see how I reacted I got to leave so he did care allot also.He made time for me and is very busy due to his great references by allot of Physicians.I was treated very well and his advise for my back was very valuable plus he told the receptionist to fit me in if needed due to my pain level if need before my next visit.This is one guy I honest can say I cant wait to see again for his insight and making me feel good with injections and words.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

Although Dr. Dhawan has an unusual personality, he has helped immensely with pain relief in my neck and shoulder. He is very quick and efficient with cortisone shots and knows how to focus your attention elsewhere when having huge needles stuck in to your back. As a female, I sometimes feel a bit awkward with him; but having a chaperone in the room really helps relieve any anxieties I have about his past. He has a very forward personality and can come off as a bit peculiar, but he is a very skillful doctor. If you don't mind feeling a bit awkward for 10 minutes, Dr. Dhawan is a great physician who knows his stuff. Before seeing Dr. Dhawan, I thought I would never feel relief from my back/shoulder/neck pain. I am improving every visit.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

Dr Dhawan has been my saving grace with pain management. He has given me hope and options to reduce my pain significantly and is 100% supportive of my symptoms and feelings. This journey has been very long for me and I have never met a doctor in the BC medical system that cares for his patients this much. I drive 2 hours each way to see him for my appointments and am never disappointed. Thank you Dr D!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

This is probably the doctor that saved my life. He's a good person

flag | Submitted February 14, 2015

Best doctor for his specialty in vancouver. Never met a doctor more wise, professional and humble. He is also very kind and knowledgeable, wouldn't recommend anyone else

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

I had read online that this doctor had been disciplined in the past by the College of Physicians both in Nova Scotia and BC, due to inappropriate behaviour with female patients and also a medical student. He now has to have a female employee be present at every visit. I decide to go through with the visit even though I knew these things because I wanted my chronic pain problem improved and he is supposed to be a good clinician. I believe that he was inappropriate with me when he was using the diagnostic ultrasound on my neck. He sat very close to me and had his arm around me. This was even with the female employee in the room. II decided that it was best to see another doctor.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

Look at his medical discipline record. Was in charge of GF Strong and was subject of discipline from the college for allegations of touchy feely misconduct. Watch Out

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. Dhawan for 2 years now and his professionalism and attention to detail and my pain has been refreshing. I have recommended many friends and family to him. If you aren't getting answers and living in pain, get a hold of him and change your life!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

Dr. Pankaj Dhawan's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Dhawan is a chronic, untreatable, repeat offender when it comes to being sexually abusive with his female patients. It had been going on for some time before..."

January 24, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/doctor-nova-scotia-misconduct-1.3406140 Disgusting. Dhawan's right to practice was suspended for six months and he was..."

January 21, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I waited 11 months and finally saw Dr Dwahan today on Dec 07 2015.He was punctual and very polite and also humurous in a nice way.I was with my Wife and she was..."

December 8, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Although Dr. Dhawan has an unusual personality, he has helped immensely with pain relief in my neck and shoulder. He is very quick and efficient with cortisone ..."

November 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Dhawan has been my saving grace with pain management. He has given me hope and options to reduce my pain significantly and is 100% supportive of my symptom..."

October 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This is probably the doctor that saved my life. He's a good person"

February 14, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Best doctor for his specialty in vancouver. Never met a doctor more wise, professional and humble. He is also very kind and knowledgeable, wouldn't recommend an..."

February 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Everyone is entitled to their opinions this is true; however remember that doctor's are not "gods" they are human with frailties, histories and mistakes just li..."

January 15, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I had read online that this doctor had been disciplined in the past by the College of Physicians both in Nova Scotia and BC, due to inappropriate behaviour with..."

January 2, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Look at his medical discipline record. Was in charge of GF Strong and was subject of discipline from the college for allegations of touchy feely misconduct. ..."

October 16, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've been seeing Dr. Dhawan for 2 years now and his professionalism and attention to detail and my pain has been refreshing. I have recommended many friends and..."

September 19, 2014