Ratings for Dr. Elisabeth E. Cohn Gelwasser

I waited 2 hours in the lobby before leaving (I didn't bother rescheduling). I didn't even get a chance to see the doctor. None of the staff alerted the patient(s) that "Oh, you will be next" or anything like that.They time their appointments poorly! A patient should not be waiting 1-2 hours in the lobby, even with the triage system. I don't usually complain, but this is outrageous. I expected better from a doctor's office. I will NOT be visiting/making an appointment with this place ever again.Save your time and money, and go somewhere else. Don't be like me and wait in the lobby in hopes that they will call you up shortly.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

I waited over 2.5 hours the last few times I've gone there and I had scheduled appts each time. I complained to the dr and she told me that she fell behind. Come to find out, they quadruple book their time slots. The guy who does the scheduling told me they had 4 people already coming in at 8:30 AM. Why would they book 4 people at the same time when they only have 1 doctor available and NO nurse? This is so unfair considering many of these patients are ill and/or in pain and have to sit there for hours waiting to be seen. Not to mention, the long exposure to all of the germs that accumlate in the waiting room. To make matters worse, I asked them to fill out my FMLA papers for work and they wanted to charge me $75 to fill it out!! My orthopedic doctors only charged $15!! This place is outrageous and I would NEVER recommend them to anyone. I will DEFINITELY be finding a new doctor and plan to file a formal complaint about this office. They should not be allowed to do this.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2013

I love this office. Everyone is very friendly and they helped me lose 30 pounds.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2012

Aside from the poor punctuality and customer service. Dr Kohn is very knowledgeable. She was my primary care physician until she began focusing more on weight-loss program. on each of my 'scheduled' visits I waited an average 1.5 hours to be seen but took only 15 min for a weight loss consultation. Furthermore, the staff isnt friendly and is very "unprofessional" and uncaring. Due to my experiences, my family and I will be changing primary doctors.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011

I love Dr. Elisabeth COhn-Gelwasser I have know her for over 15 years and been her patient for most of that time. Dr. Cohn-Gelwasser cares for the well being of her patients and never turned me away from making an appt. She has always taken a lot of time in the room with me and listens to all of my concerns. I would highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2010

I waited for three hours both times I went.The lost my records between the lst and 2nd visit. She talked to her sister on the phone during my very brief exam. Her office/waiting room cluttered and not clean. She was not helpful-I think because she wasn't listening.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2010

Doctor and check-in staff are rude. Medical assistants are nice. Doctor has very poor bedside manner, does not do a proper physical, and orders more tests than are necessary. Her weight loss program is a joke - using B12 injections have never been proven to help anyone with weight loss. Just charging you for nothing. I am a medical practitioner myself so I know what I'm talking about. Do not waste your time or money here.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2009

Not available except during working office hours otherwise not warm not appearing caring, office staff though is good.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2009

Two hour minimum wait in the waiting room - half hour in the exam room. Patients are pushed aside for the new 'Weight Loss Program' clients who pay $188 a week to get weighed in & pick up shakes. Good doctor but has lost the plot with this weight loss 'scheme'. It's too bad.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2009

Dr. Cohen is a kind and eduacated.She is caring and bright. I feel very glad that we have the good fortune of having her care for our daughter.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2009

Dr. Elisabeth E. Cohn Gelwasser's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Hollywood, FL