Ratings for Dr. Ron Cusano

I got a voicemail indicating that an appointment had been booked for me and they gave me 2 weeks to call back and confirm, if not it would be cancelled. The voicemail was rather curt. I called back right away, and the office was closed at 1pm on a Friday. I left a voicemail to confirm the appointment, and asked for them to call me back, as I had none of their information, other than their phone number (at that point I wasn't even sure of the name of the Doctor I was referred to). No one called me back. I called again a couple weeks later and had to wait over 15 minutes on hold. Already, I was feeling unsure about this office, but I was booked in to see Dr. Igras. I had looked her up ahead of time, read her reviews and was happy to be meeting her. The parking lot was packed. I was just on time (should have been 10 minutes early) but I had to drive around for about 10 minutes to find a parking spot. Then you also have to pay for parking (note that this office is not downtown). Already I was agitated. I get into the clinic, and there is a line up for the receptionist. Finally get to the receptionist and she gives me some paperwork to fill out. The waiting room was also packed, and there weren't two chairs free for my husband and I to sit together, and we ended up standing up in the hall to fill out the paperwork, and wait until two chairs were free. They were very late with the appointment. When we were finally called, they take your weight and blood pressure in the middle of the very busy hall with doctors, nurses and patients all rushing by. The next person we saw was a midwife student. I was very confused as to why I was seeing a midwife student, and I was wondering why I wasn't seeing Dr. Igras or a nurse. The student was nice, but we spent probably over 1/2 an hour going over all our family history, when we had gone over all the same information with my family doctor, and she had already sent my file to their office. I went over all my medical issues and concerns with the midwife student. I explained everything to her and she was actually helpful and kind. When the doctor finally came in, I was shocked. This was not Dr. Igras. It turns out that this was Dr. Cusano. I was very surprised. I was referred to, and was expecting to see, a female doctor. I understand that basically in all practices, patients are seen by all the doctors, which I was ok with, but I thought I should have seen Dr. Igras for at least my first appointment. Even when I told my family doctor, she was surprised. When Dr. Cusano joined my husband, the midwife student and I, he asked me if I have any health issues. Since we had just gone over everything with the student in detail, I figured she would tell the doctor what we had discussed. She said nothing, and he just looked at me. So I explained to him everything I had just explained to the student. He chatted a bit, gave me a requisition for my next ultrasound, and that was it. When I looked down at the requisition it had my first and last name and Alberta Health Card number on it. Everything else was blank, and DOB said "unknown". They had my file, and I also filled out all my information for them when I came in. It seemed very unprofessional to hand me a requisition that was essentially blank. The pregnant box wasn't even checked off and the line to indicate how many weeks pregnant was blank as well. I felt uncomfortable with Dr. Cusano. He seemed very awkward to myself and my husband. I would not be comfortable having him deliver my baby. This could just be personality differences, but I did not like him. Upon leaving the clinic, I had to re-book for another month. Dr. Cusano suggested that I book after my next ultrasound (which I already had scheduled, just needed the requisition). I told the receptionist that it was on the 16th, and she wanted to book me an appointment at 11AM on the 16th. I told her no, that's the same day of my ultrasound, and I should come after so the doctor can go over the results. She asked if I wanted to see Dr. Cusano again. I thought, "No, I didn't want to see him in the first place". I told her that the student said I would end up seeing all the doctors, so I said maybe I should see the next doctor. She started trying to schedule me with another doctor (still not the one I was referred to), but was called away for something. When she came back, she booked me with Dr. Cusano, again. I didn't even protest, as I knew I would not be coming back. On the way out I broke down crying in the elevator. Maybe it was partially the pregnancy hormones, but the whole thing was a terrible experience. I thought about calling to cancel the next appointment, but didn't really have 15 minutes (or more) to waste, waiting on hold. And I was not very surprised when the date and time for the next appointment came and went and they never contacted me to see why I didn't show up or to re-schedule me.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

Dr Cusano is the best OBGYN. I have been seeing him for past 13 years and he has been very helpful and takes the time to listen to concerns about our health. He has helped me so much with my pregnancies he is truly a very caring doctor.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Luv this place so happy for the refferal and really take their time to know you

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Sounds odd to say but I love my OBGYN. Dr. Cusano listens and isn't condescending. He isn't quick to write a prescription, he really takes the time to understand what's going on with your health. It's important to feel heard and respected. We place so much trust in the professionals and I truly trust Dr. Cusano.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

The first time I was in they were running 50 minutes late and I had to re-book because I was late for work. The second time they were 45 late. Staff mixed up my name with someone else's. There was a substitute doctor in and I didn't feel as though any of my questions or issues were of concern or even addressed. Will never come back here.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

He might be the best baby doc but he's not the best gyno. I had to see a female Dr to sort out my issues after a complete hysterectomy.. Hot flashes and sleepless nights may not seem like a problem but it becomes difficult to function. He didn't address the proper use of HRT meds. I felt like he frustrates easily. I believe woman should see a female Dr as they truly understand and can relate to a females needs.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2015

Worth the wait! The most caring genuine Dr I have ever encountered. I live out of town and I will go out of my way to continue seeing Dr. Cusano. He helped me through our infertility struggles, and when we finally did have a baby I felt like he was part of our journey, and we brought our daughter to so that he could meet her. He is truly a caring man.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Cusano for over 20 years. He is wonderful. Yes, he is busy and sometimes runs behind, but that is the hazard of a doctor's office. He does listen and does care. When I had a miscarriage in 1998 he was so kind and sympathetic. I was devastated and to this day at my age of 55, he understands how it was such a loss for me and I still cry about it. I think if he could have manufactured a baby for me, he would have. His staff is great too.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

Great Doctors in this office! It can be hard to get a hold of them though as they seem to be pretty busy, their email igras.cusano@shaw.ca works great and I usually get a response within 24 hours. Their location is on 36 street in the Sunridge Professional building.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

Does anyone knows where is Dr. Ron Cusano's office?

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015