Ratings for Dr. Lizette Lourens

outstanding! She has been a great Dr. And very kind every visit.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Dr. Lourens is a caring practitioner. Her knowledge and interest in her patient is exceptional and staff have been very attentive and helpful

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

If you want to be treated by the best in functional medicine - this is where you go. There is an old adage that says you get what you pay for. My health is taken care of in the most professional and advanced manner possible. It feels as I have already lost years in age.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

Probably the most extensively trained doctors in the Bow Valley. Dr. Lourens covers the whole spectrum of womens (and mens) health as we age. She is constantly updating her knowledge in her field and as far as the price she charges for her anti-aging expertise, it is at least half that you would pay anywhere else.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

Nice Lady and good service, but bad ethics. $2,000.00 to join her clinic plus around $400. to $ 500.00 each visit, which I accepted to pay for her service. Six months later, I ran out of a prescription, which was her fault since she was to prescribe me enough until my next appointment. When I called to have the prescription re-filled, her assistant instructed me to go to a certain website to request the refill at a cost of $40.00 for the 30 second service. $40.00 was not going to break me, but I dumped her due to money gauging. Two other friends of mine dumped her for the same reason. Dr. Lourens does not seem to be concerned about the loss of her customers.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

Dr. Lourens offers current professional care in preventative medicine. I personally have learned more about what is going on in my health in the last year than in the last 30 thanks to her meticulous testing and analysis as well as ongoing quarterly reviews. She is years ahead of where medicine ought to be going.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2014

Dr Lourens is one of a kind. Not just because of her amazing knowlege in the field of hormone therapy but also her education in Anti Aging. Keeping our bodies and brains young!! Thank you!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2012

Dr. Lourens is an amazing doctor that I have had the pleasure of meeting and wbeing a patient. I have a chronic condition that is comprised of many symptoms and illnesses. She is incredibly experienced, knowledgeable and helpful with detailed explanations and advice. Dr. Lourens genuinely cares about her patients and that is demonstrated with her compassion and sincerity. She is a breath of fresh air in the challenging world of health care...

flag | Submitted September 23, 2012

I requested an expensive filler She filled my cheeks with cheaper filler and charged me the same price per syringe as for the expensive filler, after she told me that I would pay half the price per syringe for this product When I questioned this I was told by her business partner to consider that she needs to be paid for her time and skill She promised a follow up consult in 1 or 2 weeks This never realized I did request a follow up but she was dismissive to my request I mentioned to her after 1 week that one cheek is visibly larger than the other She dismissed my concerns saying that it was my imagination All the swelling is now gone and I wake up daily staring at an uneven face in the mirror She is very sweet and nice, but that does't mean anything if you do a bad job and then dismiss that person's concerns Doctors should try to remember that they are poking that needle into someone's soul We are humans, not livestock and what's worse is that it is a very expensive service!!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2012

I am a new patient to Dr Lourens and all i can say is i wish i could clone her. She is so easy to talk to. I look forward to seeing her in 3 months for a follow up.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2012

Dr. Lizette Lourens's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Maria Elizabeth (Lizette) Lourens is founder and owner of Age Management Institute in Calgary, and owner/founder of Age Management Institute in Canmore. A licensed and experienced physician in the field of conventional medicine, Lizette spent many years working in emergency medicine and general practice before developing a keen interest in functional medicine. Wanting to assist her patients by treating the cause and not just the symptom of illness, she has dedicated more than 10 years of additional study and practice to develop her expertise in anti-aging medicine, bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) and cosmetic enhancement treatments. She now embraces the merging of traditional and integrative medical approaches to achieve the best possible results for her clients, helping them look better and feel better on their path to healthy, happy aging. With more than a decade of experience in cosmetic medicine, Lourens has witnessed the evolution of the industry. With the incredible advancements that have been achieved in medical esthetics, she is a strong believer in utilizing natural facial rejuvenation products like Sculptra and Selphyl, in addition, or as an alternative, to the more traditional injectable treatments like Botox, Juvéderm and other common options. She recently completed advanced training in the use of Sculptra and believes it to be the most cost-effective treatment option to replace volume loss in the face, without looking injected. Her guest’s biggest compliment is when they are told they look rested and healthy, not ‘done’. Dr. Lourens regularly attends conferences and training to keep up with the rapidly advancing field of cosmetic medicine and was the first physician in Calgary to incorporate Selphyl treatments into her practice. Dr. Lourens has earned a solid reputation for her extensive knowledge and experience in anti-aging therapies, including bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT). “To understand the hormonal symphony of women, one must address nutrition, the thyroid, adrenals and a range of other hormones when doing BHRT. Age Management Institute guests are consistently impressed with Dr. Lourens warmth, compassion and humour, as well as her ability to educate and coach her guests, empowering them to successfully achieve their health, wellness and, if needed, weight loss goals.

Top Hospitals in Canmore, AB