Ratings for Dr. Brian E. McDonald

Was in the hospital as I had ate nothing but a lot of sweet things and I got sick, and my sugar and BP was way up and I was told that I was pre-diabetic. Prior to this. McDonald see's me the next day, in the hospital, says i'm diabetic. A Lady then comes up and sees me, gives me a diabetic measuring meter, talks about issues with diabetics etc. so I am now thinking about life as a diabetic. McDonald comes back in the afternoon, he says your NOT diabetic. Talk about wasteful hospital time and spending money for no reason on a meter. McDonald puts me on blood pressure medicine? I see him or PA regarding this, next appointment is in 6 months, I had to cancel appointment but I had the prescribitions etc and they were being refilled by McDonald. I go to the pharmacy and see if my one medication is ready, they said no, we have to put in another call to Dr McDonald, nothing, Pharmacey then faxes McDonald, still nothing, I have now run out of my medication. Then the Pharamcy calls and says that McDonalds office faxed a letter to them saying I am no longer a patient of his. WHAT! Where did they get that idea, now I have no medication because of McDonalds reckless and irresponsible act, because I canceled an appointment? What kind of Doctor does that without calling to see what's up or if he needs or wants to see me that's ok, but to just drop a patient for apparently no good reason. With Dr McDonald and that practice it's all about numbers, how many people can they see in the shortest period of time to maximize profit.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Recently dr sent me to the hospital and said he would be there shortly. I sat in the ER for two hours and then was seen in the ER by another ER doc. The reason for that is because dr McDonald never showed up. The ER knew I was coming but he never left instructions of what to do with me. They paged him numerous times but nothing. An associate of dr McDonald was then on call but knew nothing of me and never saw me. I finally left in the middle of the night and called the following day to see what happened. The office said I was a no show the day before. I told them I was there, saw him and other staff and he sent me to the hospital. The next day I rec"d a certified letter saying I was removed from the practice. I have always liked the doc very much and am shocked by all of this. All he needed to do wAs apologize for forgetting me and that would have been ok. But lying to cover himself is not right. I m very sad and disappointed about all of this. He was always good to me.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

Very kind, never rushes. Explains and talks to patients as human beings. A great guy.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

Dr. is excellent, but staff is so bad. If you complain Medical associates do not ever do anything about the girls whp answer phones. Terrible, the worst.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2010

WONDERFUL DOCTOR. BEEN THERE FOR ME WHEN I HAVE BEEN HOSPIALIZED. CAN SAY ANYTHING.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2009

I trust my life to this man. He listens, advises, guides, suggests, prescribes and lets me take an active part of my care. He has been firm when needed and speaks to me in words I know. Dr McD wants to know that I understand my condition. He can think outside the box and has no fear of consulting his library for more info. He is our Family doc & he knows we are individuals and treats us as such. His desire to help is very apparent in his care. His Emergency Room experience helps him switch gears quickly. The reception staff is great & generally sweet, the nursing staff is somewhat rushed/racing around. My complaints: #1) I find the telephone system does not work well for me - my messages are taken & many times I get no response - ever. I try to make an appointment for important health issues. #2) When he is off, it is very hard to get care. I feel like I must wait for another doctor to finish with his/her own patients before my message gets attetion no matter the urgency.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2008

Easy to talk to. Can discuss anything. Never feel rushed...

flag | Submitted August 28, 2008

Very conscientious and concerned about his patient. Willing to spend time explaining and answering questions.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2007

Very understanding physician. Listens...can ask him anything..very knowledgeabale..can discuss anything with him. Doesn't rush you...

flag | Submitted December 12, 2006

He has been my primary care physician for many years and I think he is one of the best Doctors in the Poconos. His office can get busy sometimes. To get a better docotr you probably have to go to a major city.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2006

Dr. Brian E. McDonald's Credentials

• Univ Di Bologna, Fac Di Med E Chirurgia, Bologna, Italy (Grad. 1980)

Top Hospitals in East Stroudsburg, PA