Ratings for Dr. Jonathan B. Tolkin

Love, love, love Dr. Tolkin. He first saw my son at 2 days old in NY General - we still see him and my son is almost 12. His calm, quirky, friendly way, really helps both the parent and the child. I sure hope he does not retire soon.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2017

I cannot say enough positive things about Dr Tolkin. Extremely knowledgable, kind, goes above and beyond. Incredible that he was my sons Dr and now he will be my grandsons. I cannot thank this man enough for all he has done.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Dr. Talkin is an experienced doctor, his excellent knowledge, calm and helpful, and good temper

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Dr. Tolkin was the pediatrician onsite at the hospital when my twins were born. He has been their doctor from the day they joined the world and it is with much reluctance that as my twins have reached 16 years of age, they no longer need a pediatrician and we must start to find a family doctor. Dr. Tolkin not only has the technical knowledge but his calm, gentle, caring, reassuring bedside manners are what makes him a great doctor. We would stay with him forever if we could!!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

We love Dr. Tolkin! All my 3 kids have been with him from birth. They don`t come like that anymore.....

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

We just left his practice as my son was too old. A sad day. We cried. Thanks to Dr Tolkin and his great office.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

We took our sick daughter to North York General. They did some tests and called Dr Tolkin. I could see he was very tired but he was smiling and put our child at ease going to the fridge to get her a frozen popsicle to suck on. Even though it was 4 in the morning he examined our child very carefully and decided she needed to come in. She did well and went home the next day. I will not forget the kindness this showed us. Sadly he is not our child's doctor

flag | Submitted April 5, 2015

Dr. Tolkin is experienced and knowledgeable. Unfortunately, I often need to ask questions or dig for details because he does not always volunteer information, possibly because it's so commonplace or obvious to him. This is difficult since I don't know what questions or details I should be looking for. I typically wait 20 minutes to over an hour even when I have an appointment. I dread any interaction with the staff - you can do everything right but they will still find something to criticize and make you feel like an idiot. For example, I was reprimanded for not taking the immunization card out of its pocket. I would change doctors but it is difficult to find a doctor in my area who is accepting new patients.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

Dr. Tolken is very involved. Takes his time and goes above and beyond his requirements. He is a true example of what an excellent dr is. Excellent bedside manner. The office is a thriving practice the front desk staff tries its best to return calls. Great care all round. My kids enjoy seeing him always

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

Dr Tolkin 's office has great acess so I disagree with the last writer. He and his partnershave daily walk ins with no appointments required when my child was ill. Sure the lines are busy like every office but they get back within a day for all non urgent issues.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014