Ratings for Dr. Munira Ramji

Both Mr. and Mrs. have been our doctors since my first child was born...30 years ago. Yes there has been times I have had to wait but for the most part pretty close to appointment. I haven't been to too many appointments anywhere that you don't wait. For all these people complaining about receiving calls to move appointments, I don't understand the issue at least they call. Now my grand daughters both go there and again no issues. I would recommend both of them as I find they are both compassionate and understanding.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

I have been going here for over 10 years, I have yet to not get a phone call prior to my apt asking to come later, switch it, or something to that nature. It is extremely disrespectful to me and my time. Some appointments are made months in advance. Now that my children are older, it is hard to accommodate these requests, they are in school. Very unfortunate, such a great doctor and extremely knowledgeable, but lacks respect for patients time. It really does not matter if your sorry after the hundredth time, maybe the first or second, but repetitive behavior is not excused by an apology. It seems doctors are quick to blame our failing healthcare for these problems, however doctors are the ones who take advantage of the system my cramming in patients in 15 min intervals, lets be serious no patient is in and out in 15 minutes. Respect must be mutually given.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

Waste of time totally the receptionist doesnt know how to talk they didnt have an appointment for my sons six week checkup and wordt of all my son got an ultrasound on the second week of june for his kidney as the ultrasound tech said that he might have two ureters with his left kidney after he was born he had an ultrasound and my son is three months old now and they have not told me anything about it ibhave changed my pradiatrician i took him to another doctor for his six week followup and he immediately told me about his ultrasound report wordy clinic ever never going back there ever

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

100% Recommended. I think half of the reviews are wrong.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2016

Wait times are totally unacceptable. My boys and I generally wait at least an hour every time we have an appt. The receptionist doesn't have a clue how to book appts and has called every time to change or cancel the one we booked. If I didn't need a pediatrican I would be going elsewhere.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

Didn't get the age of my daughter right even when we told her and she had files, so we got the wrong percentile for her when we went for her 6 month check up. We had to go to an entirely different place to get answers. Haven't been back to her and my daughter is now 13 months. I'm trying to find a new pediatrician ASAP. I would not recommend Dr. Ramji to anyone who actually wants a good child doctor.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

Takes her time with my baby and she truly has a caring heart need more doctors like her

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

So my daughter was born and Ramji was the discharge pediatrician and I was to go see her for her two week check up. I didn't call until a few days later due to being busy being a new dad and forgot. I wasn't able to get her in until 3 weeks after her birth. I thought fine, my fault and made the appointment. So at 8am the day of the appointment I get a call by her incompetent receptionist saying her funeral bit (apparently the receptionist uses this alot and before reading these reviews I never knew. "She has a funeral to go to and needs to move your appointment".) and asked if I could push it 2-3 weeks further.... So I said nope, that's too far for a two week checkup, 45 second silent pause, right before I was about to hang up she tells me she can now put me in only a week further so I say fine. Then again the morning of, this time I get a call at 7:40am. I missed it, so I called back to find out their office opens at 9:00am..... She calls back 5 minutes later asking me to move my appointment 10 minutes earlier.....huh?!?! I said fine. Later that day I set aside 30 minutes and called around and got a different pediatrician. I called Ramji's and cancelled and would never recommend her to anyone. Now, I have never actually met her but if one receptionist is causing this many bad reviews and nothing has been done about it, that's either stupidity or nepotism or both at its finest. I for one am not a fan of that and I don't think stupidity should be encouraged, nor should incompetence stealing work from Canadians!

Submitted December 20, 2015

I have been taking my daughter to see Dr. Ramji for one year and am very pleased with her as a pediatrician. She is pleasant, knowledgeable, friendly and thorough. I even got in to see her husband when my daughter got Roseola. I liked him as well. Her nurse is also very friendly, organized and helpful. Although her receptionist is a bit hard to understand on the phone and is very brisk in person as well, we haven't had any major issues as some others have noted. We had a specialist appointment booked by them and the nurse actually called us to let us know when it would take place. Almost every appointment gets changed by about 30-60 minutes and the receptionist only calls the day of the appointment but I have started calling myself before I leave home to see if she is on time. On one occasion I had to wait for about 45 minutes but otherwise I am usually in the room within 5 minutes of arriving. I would recommend Dr. Ramji to others.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

I am HORRIFIED by the lack of professionalism from Dr.Ramji and her entire staff. She cancelled my appointment THREE TIMES and then CHARGED ME for being FIVE MINUTES LATE after she was late for every previous appointment I had with her. She was not understanding of my desire to delay vaccines and was extremely critical of me not being able to breastfeed. I will not go back and would never recommend her even to my worst enemy! STAY AWAY!!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2013