Ratings for Dr. Verne McShane

Knowing Dr. Verne from the hockey world, I can attest to his deep caring for others. He's volunteered countless hours, donated countless $$$ in dental work to help players on & off the ice and is a kind, honourable man. There is no one better as a dentist or a person. 20 stars.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

Dr. McShane has been my dentist for 43 years. I have always had excellent treatment in all respects and am grateful to be under his care. I was shocked after reading some of the reviews. The light handles have sterile wrap on them that are changed after each patient. All hand pieces/ drills are sterilized after every use. Dr. McShane's has great staff and they really care for him. Most of his employees have been with him for years. I have only witnessed mutual respect amongst this group. My dental appoints are always like visiting good friends. Dr. McShane is beyond competent. He did orthodontics on three of my Children and they all have beautiful smiles and not a single complaint from any of them. Dr. McShane is an excellent dentist and I feel very grateful to have been under his care for all these years.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

This office is disgusting.. I went there to have a cleaning done. They leaned me back to get started only for me to look up and see blood on the handles of the light... Plus Verne was late as per usual... Not ever going back there...

Submitted January 27, 2017

They over billed me twice.Very creative in the extra billing Dept.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

Great dentist, will work after hours to make sure your in no pain.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

He treated me after work hours to fix a broken and extremely painful tooth. The best dentist I've been to in 20 years - knowledgeable, skilled and sensitive to my pain threshold. S stars for sure.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

Dr.Mcshane has my dentist since day one and I am incredibly happy that I was so fortunate! He doesn't over charge has wonderful bedside manner will come in any time there is an emergency and all around is a joy to spend part of your day with. Vern is great with people, smart and doesn't make decisions based on financial gain but instead by what is best for the patient... Things other dentists have said were not possible to my husband, mother and friends he has made reality, a wonderful orthodontist. He found a rogue nerve in a friend mouth that every other dentist had not and solved the issue of every dentist appointment causing pain. I can honestly not say enough good things about him! I dread the day he retires and leaves me looking for a dentist I feel I can trust!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

He is a shotty orthodontist. He has messed up countless times on my teeth. He is not gentle with my teeth, i cry almost every time i go in. He has given me many times as to which my braces will be off, fully assuring me it will be soon. It will not be soon. So far i am 6 months over schedule. the lady at the front desk is AWFUL and completely rude to me everytime i come in. My brackets, anchors and wires have all come off at one point at NO fault of mine ( one time i didn't even eat food and they popped right off). I would not reccomend this dentist.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2011

Dr. McShane has been our dentist for 17 years. There are none better.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2010

Verne McShane was a tremendous help in a sudden need situation with my tooth, when we were on holidays on the island. We are thinking of relocating to Qualicum Beach and I'm hoping he can be my dentist! Excellent dr/patient rappore and his knowledge seemed thorough.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2010