Ratings for Dr. Verne McShane

They over billed me twice.Very creative in the extra billing Dept.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

Great dentist, will work after hours to make sure your in no pain.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

He treated me after work hours to fix a broken and extremely painful tooth. The best dentist I've been to in 20 years - knowledgeable, skilled and sensitive to my pain threshold. S stars for sure.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

Dr.Mcshane has my dentist since day one and I am incredibly happy that I was so fortunate! He doesn't over charge has wonderful bedside manner will come in any time there is an emergency and all around is a joy to spend part of your day with. Vern is great with people, smart and doesn't make decisions based on financial gain but instead by what is best for the patient... Things other dentists have said were not possible to my husband, mother and friends he has made reality, a wonderful orthodontist. He found a rogue nerve in a friend mouth that every other dentist had not and solved the issue of every dentist appointment causing pain. I can honestly not say enough good things about him! I dread the day he retires and leaves me looking for a dentist I feel I can trust!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

Let me tell you he always runs late for his patient's. He's made some wait up to 1 hour. He sterilizes some equipment but doesn't sterilize his hand pieces aka drills. So you are usually going to get a dirty drill in your mouth. If you don't mind all of that then sure go waste your money to see him.Staff are always on edge working with him.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2013

He is a shotty orthodontist. He has messed up countless times on my teeth. He is not gentle with my teeth, i cry almost every time i go in. He has given me many times as to which my braces will be off, fully assuring me it will be soon. It will not be soon. So far i am 6 months over schedule. the lady at the front desk is AWFUL and completely rude to me everytime i come in. My brackets, anchors and wires have all come off at one point at NO fault of mine ( one time i didn't even eat food and they popped right off). I would not reccomend this dentist.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2011

Dr. McShane has been our dentist for 17 years. There are none better.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2010

Verne McShane was a tremendous help in a sudden need situation with my tooth, when we were on holidays on the island. We are thinking of relocating to Qualicum Beach and I'm hoping he can be my dentist! Excellent dr/patient rappore and his knowledge seemed thorough.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2010

I've been seeing Verne since I was 9 years old. I'm now 32. I've lived abroad and saw other dentists, so I have had others to compare him with. He's just wonderful! Not only that, but he's always got something interesting to say. It's like you get your teeth cleaned and a bit of wisdom at the same time!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2009

I spent $9000 bucks to have Verne work on my teeth. Of course, this has been over a period of 30 years! And I am still smiling! He far excells any other dentist I have ever let look in my mouth. Verne deserves a big reward for his humanitarian service to all of us! Great family man, super contributor to our community; can you believe he used to own a junk yard? Just a very versatile fellow; wish we could clone him before he retires...who ever gave this man only a 3 rating is way out to lunch...Verne is the best there is!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2007