Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Gerald Tullio

Thank you Dr. Tullio. I must say my daughter and I smiled all the way home. Although your office is 90 min away from our home, your warm heart and welcoming smile made the trip worth while. What a treat to feel like someone is not in a rush to get you in and out of their office and on to the next patient. Thank you for your wonderful bedside manners. Thank you for your patience for taking the time to listen to any of my questions as well as explain to me what is going on with myself. I wish there were more doctors like yourself! Michelle

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

Dr. Gerald Tullio's response
Thank you Michelle. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. My staff and I feel strongly that patients deserve the best care we can offer. Empathy and compassion are important when patients are unwell and feel vulnerable. I hope we can help you get the answers and treatment you need. Please contact my office directly if there are any concerns.

Submitted October 18, 2017

Thank you Dr. Tullio for being totally amazing. You helpfulness and consideration for my issues was outstanding. I highly recommend him and his staff. I left his office feeling that I was well taken care of. I truly appreciate their service.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

Dr. Gerald Tullio's response
My wonderful secretary and staff at the hospital truly strive to assure patients are well looked after. Thank you for your kind words. Your satisfaction and continued good health is what we strive for.

Submitted January 4, 2017

Excellent service and very friendly. Called me back personally about my results and really reassured me. Knowledgable and kind. Simply a great experience overall. Don't know many medical doctors who would've taken the time he did and I truly appreciate it.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2016

Dr. Gerald Tullio's response
Thank you for your kind response. My staff and I keep communication with our patients high on the priority list.

Submitted October 22, 2016

Although we travelled over an hour to see him, we're glad we did. Visiting any neurologist is nerve racking and anxiety provoking. Quick with a smile and simple joke, he really settled my nerves. I've been disappointed and let down before, yet he seemed genuinely interested in trying to help. He took time and asked questions no one else did. I now have a battery of new tests and some hope that my pain and numbness actually had a cause that is treatable. Professional beyond expectation. This is all we can ask of our health care providers. Who else do we have? He's restored some faith in the system. What a great visit! Please people don't waste time and get a second opinion with him if your first neurologist didn't help you out. It's very difficult to get an appointment as his wait list is very long. Just keep trying. Good luck.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

After a terrible three months trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with me, my doctor sent me to see Dr Tullio. After assessing me for one hour this fantastic Doctor admitted me to hospital immediately. Within one day (I got my MRI) he diagnosed my problem and I couldn't believe I had a spinal cord lesion. He performed a bunch of tests after the MRI as well. It turned out to be something called transverse myelitis initially. With further treatment I got better with steroids. Not leaving a stone unturned he ended diagnosing me with neurosarcoid. What the heck??? And to my amazement, not many neurologists deal with this. They often refer to other specialists. Thank God Dr Tullio follows and treats patients for Neurosarcoidosis and with some other medication I'm doing better. This is a tough and rare disease. But I'm positive. Dr Tullio always congratulates me on my progress and well being. I'm lucky to have met him. Especially after meeting some others with sarcoidosis I realize how lucky I am to be doing so well. If you need some answers get you family MD to refer you. One problem......his wait list is very long. I guess that's what happens when you're a great Doctor.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Dr. Gerald Tullio's response
Our office believes positive reinforcement and hope are always part of the patient visit and experience.

Submitted October 22, 2016

Lovely doctor with fabulous bedside manner. I had symptoms of numbness and blurred vision for years. I also have migraines and my symptoms were labelled as "associated with migraine". Dr Tullio arranged other testing and to my disbelief, I actually have multiple sclerosis. My MRI of the brain and spine revealed significant abnormalities consistent with the diagnosis of MS. I was dumbfounded. He also discovered that my B12 was low. Although I feel terrible about the diagnosis at least I have some answers. He even referred me to the MS clinic in Toronto and they completely agreed with his diagnosis. So now we're discussing treatment options and hopefully I can keep this under control. Dr Tullio was even open to discussing natural remedies after I researched things further on line. I guess I was lucky enough to find this wonderful Doctor. Thank God I saw him when I did.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2016

Dr. Gerald Tullio's response
MS is certainly a challenge to diagnose for neurologists but even harder for patients to accept initially. Thank you for your kind words however my staff and I feel its our job to offer the most accurate diagnosis and treatment we can for MS patients. We wish you all the best in the very tough time. MS therapies are changing rapidly and the future for MS patients grows brighter each day.

Submitted October 22, 2016

I had symptoms of myasthenia gravis for years despite visiting many doctors. Dr Tullio was the only one to suggest the diagnosis and he confirmed it with proper testing. Now years later and after surgery and proper medications, I have my life back. Although I've moved 2 hours away I still see him regularly. My faith is restored and this special Doctor saved my life. Great bedside manner and very knowledgable. Best neurologist Brampton has in my opinion.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

Didn't know BCH had such great services!! I was sent to see him this week regarding nerve damage in my right hand. Dr. Tullio and his team were punctual, detailed, polite and very thorough. The Neurodiagnostic facility at Btanptin Civic is top notch. He is sending me to a top plastic surgeon as well. Thanks Dr Tullio......great work.......I wish I would've seen you sooner.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

I was admitted to Brampton hospital with terrible double vision and falls. Dr. Tullio's persistent testing showed I had a strange disorder called neurosarcoidosis!!! He treated me and with other specialists I am now better but really scared. He was so attentive! Initially other doctors thought I was crazy and I really thought I was loosing my mind. He's a special MD with a great bedside manner. Now I'm at home discharged and feeling so much better. Thank you Dr. Tullio and I hope you get a chance to read this.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

Dr. Gerald Tullio's response
Thank you for your kind review. Neurosarcoidosis is a very tough illness for patients. We will do our best to help you.

Submitted October 22, 2016

After years of misdiagnosis and worry, his diagnosis was nothing short of a miracle. Definitely worth the wait to see him and in my opinion gave me my life back.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2016

Dr. Gerald Tullio's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Gerald Tullio completed his medical school training in Ottawa in 1996. From there he completed a Neurology residency at the University of Toronto where he was Chief Resident in 2001. He also obtained additional training in neuromuscular diseases in his final year at the University of Toronto. Dr. Tullio accepted a position at William Osler Health System in 2001 and is currently full time staff at Brampton Civic Hospital and Etobicoke General Hospital. Dr. Tullio has over 16 years experience as a general neurologist and has a special interest in neurophysiology and stroke. From 2005 - 2011 Dr. Tullio was Head of the Neurology Division at William Osler Health System. Currently he runs a very busy private general neurology clinic as well as a busy neurophysiology clinic at the hospital. Dr. Tullio is active staff at William Osler Health System and continues to be part of the in hospital on call staff for General Neurology. He is an active member of the CMA, OMA, CMPA, CPSO, RCPSC, and American Academy of Neurology.

• English

• Ottawa University (Grad. 1996)
  • University of Toronto (Grad. 2001)
  • University of Guelph (Grad. 1991)
  • Brock University (Grad. 1990)

• Peripheral neuropathy