Ratings for Dr. Brenda Woods

Dr. Woods has an excellent bed side manner. She is very reassuring and knowledgeable. I left feeling very confident in her ability.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Dr. Woods was my GYN. several years ago. During my last appointment, she snapped at me. Just before going into the room to see her, she was on the telephone for quite some time, very clearly upset about something. Obviously, what she was upset about was taken out on me. Once I changed, & she came into the exam room, I said "bad day?"..She then apologised. I made mention of her 'mood' to her secretary who told me that a Dr. at the hospital had done something unspeakable. I wasn't at all interested in what that was about, it was none of my business, but I came to the conclusion that a Dr. should never take their bad mood out on their patients...never! I have never returned to Dr.Wood's office. I had great respect for her, but lost it on that appointment day. To the writer of June 21/2017 if indeed there was negligence & it can be proven, you'd be wise to proceed with legal action. Yes, levels are followed..the Dr. would be sued , as would the whole hospital, but you could very well have died. Luckily you didn't, & I'm sure your family are grateful that you are alive. I'm discovering that many Drs of late are saying very hard, nasty things to patients, i.e. "there's nothing I can do, you're slowly dying". How inapropriate. Or: "You're blind, you'll stay blind, so deal with it". Truly if you feel you were the victim of neglect, you must stop this from happening to anyone else.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

I am quite shocked at certain comments I am reading. What I experienced as her patient will be a forever stigma that I seem to relive. I was referred to her for a cyst that needed to be removed. A typical day procedure that ended up being a nightmare. I ended up in a coma fighting for my life due to medical negligence. There was a time throughout that my family were saying there last goodbyes to me. When she came to update my family she was arrogant and when they seemed answers the reply was it is what it is. I could go on with this horrific story but it would fill pages and pages. I thankfully made it but left with long term problems. At some point I even considered to legally ask for justice but that meant to include a whole action against hospital but two doctors from there that are AMAZING, Dr. DaCosta and Dr. Bernice that were the reason I am alive and wish they read this. Even a nurse there in ICU that was my brothers neighbor told him the same thing re:medical negligence by Dr. Woods that was done from her part on a 31 yearlong old healthy girl. I thank god I am here with all my loved ones!!!!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

I saw Dr. Brenda Woods 20yrs ago and just recently for a hysterectomy. Dr. Woods provided me with the best possible service and knowledge that I expected from a Dr. She often made calls at home personally and made sure that I was well informed and followed up with other multidisciplinary team doctors. I am so grateful that there are still health professionals like Dr. Brenda Woods practicing and upholding those great standards. My daughter who was my support through the process is switching from her provider because she has experienced the care Dr. Woods has provided.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Don't believe the negative reviews on here. I began seeing Dr Woods in May 2016 for an excruciatingly painful case of endometriosis. My first appointment was scheduled to be over a month away, but my quality of life was so diminished that I called and asked if I could have an earlier appointment. Her assistant, Roberta ,empathized with my condition more than most people have, and was able to squeeze me in within the next week. She also gave me the invaluable advice to use a hot water bottle on the pain - something I had never thought of, and helped tremendously. A month later, Dr Woods had me in surgery. She is a skilled surgeon and takes care of her patients. While she may not be the "warmest" person, I don't go to my doctor for warmth and friendliness - I go to her to be taken care of and to be understood. She does both excellently. Yes, I have had to wait beyond my appointment time to see her before, but she is a doctor that delivers babies, so what do you expect? When there isn't an emergency, she is on time.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

Dr. Woods is wonderful! Between cervical cancer, uterine fibroid, PCOS and my cone biopsy, she has handled it all with beautifully. I noticed that people have complained about her beside manner, but in my opinion she just gets down to business and tells you what you need to know. After my surgery she was wonderful with my parents and in-laws and they appreciate everything she has done for me. I would (and have) recommend Dr. Woods to any of my friends and family!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

Dr Woods, you are the meanest female dog!!! I have ever known!!!!the treatment I got from you during my pregnancy was appalling!!! (Is it because I'm black)? You left my placenta in me and I almost died. I believe you are cursed and are living a horrible home life, and that why you take it out on your patients. I hope all the horrible things you have done to your patients come back to haunt you in your old age....Hades is waiting for you.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016

I had a good experience with Dr. Woods, I had no problems with her during my appointment at TEGH. She was very knowledgeable and informative. Her directions were clear and personally, I don't mind them. Some people might find it awkward but for me, it's fine. But to each their own I guess. I trust her and would definitely recommend her to others.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

I thought my experience with Dr. Woods may have been unique when I got to this page and saw her rating history. Here is my story. My family doctor is male and, for whatever reason, decided I should get my paps done by a specialist. I was referred to Dr Woods. In one of my first experiences with her, I told her, hesitantly, as I was quite young at the time, that I was experiencing some pain down there. She had the nerve to tell me it was because she shaved. But she was "kind" enough to send me for testing later. I ended up going to a walk-in when the pain got worse and they tested me and discovered I had untreated trichomoniasis. When she performed my colposcopy a year and a half later and I called her out on it, she had the nerve to lie to my face and my mother's and say she would never say that/had never said that (although reading the reviews here it seems to be her favourite way of blaming her patient's pain on their own bodies). I was in a ton of pain afterwards and when I told my doctor not to send me back to her he asked if she had frozen the area. NO. Why did she not present this to me as an option? Probably because she was so late to my appointment! I thought my experience was unique until I read the rating from July 15, 2016, which corroborated my own experiences with her. I read that rating with my hand over my mouth, shocked and appalled that this doctor could continually treat others in the manner she treated me. I also want to mention she is very rude to people who don't speak English well or are in need of comfort. Listening to the way she talked to other patients while waiting for her to finish treating me was shocking and appalling. I hope she retires soon.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

Was referred to Dr. Woods from by my family doctor for my pregnancy. I had a non-eventful pregnancy and found Dr. Woods to be efficient, kind, straight-forward and pleasant. I would recommend her to others. I has given birth the day prior to her rounds at the hospital, and she was kind enough to stop in and check on baby and I.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016