Ratings for Dr. Brenda Woods

I have been seeing Dr Wood for many years. Now my young adult daughter is her patient also. She really takes the time to explain everything even when she is very busy. It is very much appreciated to have a Dr Wood as our Dr, and would recommend her to friends and family.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

Well, I have been referred to Dr. Woods but I am not going to go see her but will ask for another referral. From the comments below, it seems possible that she treats black women different from white women. That may account for the discrepancy in patient accounts. I am white but I do not want to see a physician who distinguishes conciously or unconciously on the basis of race. Questions: what do these doctors learn in medical school? Have med students not received information about power and privilege? A bit of humility would go a long way.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

I saw her at emergency and she didn't know if I had mass or an cyst on my overy. oncologist said it wasn't ovarian cancer and it was a cyst. I scheduled an appointment with Woods for Dec 6, 2017 and she cancelled while I was on the way to the appointment. I rescheduled for Dec 7, 2017 and she cancelled again while I was in her waiting room. Now I have to wait till January 23. I am in horrific pain and all she does is re-fill the prescription for the pain. What kind ofof doctor does that. She's a quack! Don't go to her!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

Dr Woods was amazing, I was referred to her to have an IUD inserted in her office, only problem was I wasn't able to put my feet in the stirrups due to having a broken kneecap, so she scheduled ke to have in put in surgically which I was super happy with, out me out put it in I'm happy. At the time I had the first one placed in I wasn't sexually active but wanted it in just in case and as the years went on I met someone and when we finally decided.to have intercourse it was pretty uncomfortable for him. But thankfully it was getting close to having it replaced with the second one. So I explained to Dr woods that he could feel it and it hurt really bad so she said she would do her best to cut the string down as short as she could. For a bit it was ok but as we are into 4 years together he's super uncomfortable and wants it out. I'm going to contact Dr Woods to see what her response is to a possible tubal ligation or if she can do something about this IUD hurting because I really live this thing I haven't had a period in 7 years beat thing that ever happened to me EVER

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

Dr. Woods is an excellent doctor. She is to the point, and at the same time very comforting and compassionate. Before seeing her, I read some of the reviews posted here, and was very nervous, not knowing what to expect. I was pleasantly suprised by her efficiency, professionalism and excellent bedside manner. Also, I've had 2 appointments in the last week, I arrived early and didn't have to wait at all.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

I saw Dr. Woods 13 years ago, and it was a very positive experience that I still think about today! At the age of 27, she was the only doctor that took me seriously when I requested a tubal ligation (looooong story behind my decision, won't go into that here). She treated me with the utmost of kindness and respect, and most of all, she seemed truly empathetic to my woes. Where other physicians dismissed me, telling me I was too young, Dr. Woods was the only medical professional that took me seriously. Now, at almost 40, I don't regret my decision one bit, and I will always be thankful to Dr. Woods for vastly improving my quality of life <3

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Dr. Woods has an excellent bed side manner. She is very reassuring and knowledgeable. I left feeling very confident in her ability.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

I am quite shocked at certain comments I am reading. What I experienced as her patient will be a forever stigma that I seem to relive. I was referred to her for a cyst that needed to be removed. A typical day procedure that ended up being a nightmare. I ended up in a coma fighting for my life due to medical negligence. There was a time throughout that my family were saying there last goodbyes to me. When she came to update my family she was arrogant and when they seemed answers the reply was it is what it is. I could go on with this horrific story but it would fill pages and pages. I thankfully made it but left with long term problems. At some point I even considered to legally ask for justice but that meant to include a whole action against hospital but two doctors from there that are AMAZING, Dr. DaCosta and Dr. Bernice that were the reason I am alive and wish they read this. Even a nurse there in ICU that was my brothers neighbor told him the same thing re:medical negligence by Dr. Woods that was done from her part on a 31 yearlong old healthy girl. I thank god I am here with all my loved ones!!!!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

I saw Dr. Brenda Woods 20yrs ago and just recently for a hysterectomy. Dr. Woods provided me with the best possible service and knowledge that I expected from a Dr. She often made calls at home personally and made sure that I was well informed and followed up with other multidisciplinary team doctors. I am so grateful that there are still health professionals like Dr. Brenda Woods practicing and upholding those great standards. My daughter who was my support through the process is switching from her provider because she has experienced the care Dr. Woods has provided.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Don't believe the negative reviews on here. I began seeing Dr Woods in May 2016 for an excruciatingly painful case of endometriosis. My first appointment was scheduled to be over a month away, but my quality of life was so diminished that I called and asked if I could have an earlier appointment. Her assistant, Roberta ,empathized with my condition more than most people have, and was able to squeeze me in within the next week. She also gave me the invaluable advice to use a hot water bottle on the pain - something I had never thought of, and helped tremendously. A month later, Dr Woods had me in surgery. She is a skilled surgeon and takes care of her patients. While she may not be the "warmest" person, I don't go to my doctor for warmth and friendliness - I go to her to be taken care of and to be understood. She does both excellently. Yes, I have had to wait beyond my appointment time to see her before, but she is a doctor that delivers babies, so what do you expect? When there isn't an emergency, she is on time.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016