Ratings for Dr. Brenda Woods

Dr woods butchered my c section 23 years ago, the scars are horrible and haunt me till this day, she cut me in a zigzag from navel to down below, the scars have never healed and my stomach is split into two, it was my first delivery and she traumatized me , I had another c section for my last child many years later and the Dr performing my section was shocked when he saw my scars, after she performed my c section it had gotten infected and the wound had opened up and was bleeding I was in a lot of pain, thinking back I was naive and didn't know what was happening, and I wish I had voiced my concerns so nobody would ever have to experience what I went through. it seems like from the current reviews nothing has changed, I also believe she is biased against people of color. keep away from her, she is dangerous.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2018

Dr brenda wood Excellent and smart she duse care all her pesant

flag | Submitted May 26, 2018

Dr. Woods has removed an IUD, 3 polyps, and delivered two children for me.. She is straight to the point, provides information in regular everyday terms, on schedule w/ all appointments, wait times are extremely low, I was very happy w/ my overall care. I was very happy w/ my delivery experience also. She took the time to ensure delivery went as smooth as possible. Roberta is wonderful also. If I ever find myself w/ another geriatric pregnancy, I already know who I am calling.. I cant say enough great things about Dr. Woods, her office, and her treatment.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2018

I have been seeing Dr Wood for many years. Now my young adult daughter is her patient also. She really takes the time to explain everything even when she is very busy. It is very much appreciated to have a Dr Wood as our Dr, and would recommend her to friends and family.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

Well, I have been referred to Dr. Woods but I am not going to go see her but will ask for another referral. From the comments below, it seems possible that she treats black women different from white women. That may account for the discrepancy in patient accounts. I am white but I do not want to see a physician who distinguishes conciously or unconciously on the basis of race. Questions: what do these doctors learn in medical school? Have med students not received information about power and privilege? A bit of humility would go a long way.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

I saw her at emergency and she didn't know if I had mass or an cyst on my overy. oncologist said it wasn't ovarian cancer and it was a cyst. I scheduled an appointment with Woods for Dec 6, 2017 and she cancelled while I was on the way to the appointment. I rescheduled for Dec 7, 2017 and she cancelled again while I was in her waiting room. Now I have to wait till January 23. I am in horrific pain and all she does is re-fill the prescription for the pain. What kind ofof doctor does that. She's a quack! Don't go to her!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

Dr Woods was amazing, I was referred to her to have an IUD inserted in her office, only problem was I wasn't able to put my feet in the stirrups due to having a broken kneecap, so she scheduled ke to have in put in surgically which I was super happy with, out me out put it in I'm happy. At the time I had the first one placed in I wasn't sexually active but wanted it in just in case and as the years went on I met someone and when we finally decided.to have intercourse it was pretty uncomfortable for him. But thankfully it was getting close to having it replaced with the second one. So I explained to Dr woods that he could feel it and it hurt really bad so she said she would do her best to cut the string down as short as she could. For a bit it was ok but as we are into 4 years together he's super uncomfortable and wants it out. I'm going to contact Dr Woods to see what her response is to a possible tubal ligation or if she can do something about this IUD hurting because I really live this thing I haven't had a period in 7 years beat thing that ever happened to me EVER

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

Dr. Woods is an excellent doctor. She is to the point, and at the same time very comforting and compassionate. Before seeing her, I read some of the reviews posted here, and was very nervous, not knowing what to expect. I was pleasantly suprised by her efficiency, professionalism and excellent bedside manner. Also, I've had 2 appointments in the last week, I arrived early and didn't have to wait at all.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

I saw Dr. Woods 13 years ago, and it was a very positive experience that I still think about today! At the age of 27, she was the only doctor that took me seriously when I requested a tubal ligation (looooong story behind my decision, won't go into that here). She treated me with the utmost of kindness and respect, and most of all, she seemed truly empathetic to my woes. Where other physicians dismissed me, telling me I was too young, Dr. Woods was the only medical professional that took me seriously. Now, at almost 40, I don't regret my decision one bit, and I will always be thankful to Dr. Woods for vastly improving my quality of life <3

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Dr. Woods has an excellent bed side manner. She is very reassuring and knowledgeable. I left feeling very confident in her ability.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017