Ratings for Dr. Eva Martin

Dr. Martin yells at her patients and be littles her current secretary in front of everyone in the waiting area, she has become an angry old woman who needs to retire. She is awful.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015

Worse doctor I have ever seen. Put me on medication that made me suicidal and manic and then proceeded to tell me she could do nothing to help me and I needed to lose weight. She refused to take me off the meds and I had to get a new doctor to wean me off them and properly diagnose me. And now she wants $60+ for me to even get my own medical records. HORRIBLE doctor.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

Couldn't be more pleased with a physician. Caring, concerned and well informed. Never want her to retire.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

She's great. I've been going to her for over 7 years. She doesn't sugarcoat anything and maybe she's not the most warm and fuzzy of docs, but she knows her stuff and does her job well.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

I went to Dr. Martin for years when I was young. If you want to have a nervous breakdown worrying about yourself, go to her. After each appointment, I would be more worried about myself than before. She needs to be more easy-going to give optimum patient care. She is very tense and nervous. I feel that she is fairly knowledgeable though, but it's not worth the psychological torture.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2011

Dr. Martin has been my Doctor for 29 years. She is very respectful of your time, and prioritizes well. On more than one occasion she has told me to come in during her lunch hour so she could see myself or my kids when it was urgent and she was fully booked. Although her bedside manner is sometimes somewhat abrupt, I've learned not to take it personally. She's just very business like and to the point. I continued to go to her for anything but the most basic things even when I moved away to Mississauga. Now I'm back in Markham and my kids also go to her (they both like her by the way). I trust her, like her and respect her. I don't think that her work ethic has suffered at all since the unfortunate loss of her husband. When she retires I will be lost.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2011

Excellent knowledge, good followup, if urgent directs you to the right specialist immediately

flag | Submitted December 9, 2010

Eva Martin has twice ordered tests that resulted in life-saving procedures (heart by-pass and malignant melanoma - skin cancer). On both occasions there was nothing obvious wrong. I give her credit for saving my life - she deserves that.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2010

Dr. Martin has been our family Dr. for approx 28 years ... Yes she may not always have the best bed side manner but I still after all these years with both our ups and downs trust her with my life.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2010

Dr. Martin has been my family MD for over 25 years (she has cared for my mother even longer). While sometimes dismissive & abrasive in the past, she has really become worse in the past 4 years (around the time that her husband died rather abruptly from cancer). I am a Registered Nurse and despite the mood/attitude changes Dr. Martin is always very well informed and is still a very competent physician. Having said that- her ability to "care" has almost been completely lost so she may not be the best choice for people with complex health issues (beyond requiring a yearly physical).

flag | Submitted November 16, 2009