Ratings for Dr. Kristin Yont

I had few fillings and 2 crowns done here. All are over priced. Like was said here already, this dentist charges way too much and does a lot of extra work, and is really pushy when it comes to services you refuse, like fluoride, flossing, cleaning etc. all those extra little charges that add up to a $400 yearly check-up. Her actual dentistry work was great, no pain, crowns fit perfect. I am looking for another dentist because I am not into the constant harping about cleaning and fluoride etc.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Dr. Yont is a fantastic dentist with a genuinely kind and caring demeanour. My family has been going to the practice since 1975 when it was just Dr. Blair. I've had several root canals and crowns done by her, some of which are 10 years old. Never a problem with the quality of her work and I believe that the clinic's prices are not far off what other dentists charge. Other than an emergency broken tooth, no work has ever been done without an insurance pre-authorization first and has never been over the initial quote. The office staff know me by name and are extremely friendly and efficient. As a long-time client, I am extended the privilege of assignment billing which is hard to come by these days. I have recommended Dr. Yont to several people who have all had great experiences. I love her gentle manner and how she can give needles as painlessly as possible. I am dismayed to read some negative remarks but I guess no one is perfect. Great dentist in my books!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

Substandard work at outrageous prices! Numerous times incorrectly billed and then told sorry but they couldn't fix it --- my problem. Also, will charge for extra little cash grab procedures eventhough booked a totally different procedure. My kids have also had filling issues from this office that needed to be straightened out elsewhere. Although finding a new dentist is time consuming, it is worth it to avoid this practice.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Yont is the best dentist I have ever encountered - and I am over 50 years old. For people working downtown, the location is outstanding and the practice is very well run and comfortable. Extremely friendly and knowledgeable staff and state-of-the-art equipment. Her interpersonal skills are exceptional and she takes the time to educate the patient on the issues. Some of the comments I have read are related to cost and I can't speak to her prices relative to others. What I can say is that when it comes to my teeth I would rather pay top price for this type of service versus seeking a discount anywhere else. I will refer others to Dr. Yont in the same way I was referred to her by another highly respected dentist in Calgary. Full marks in my books.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

Boy oh boy. Do not waste your time at this office. This lady thinks she can charge whatever she wants and do a terrible job at the same time! I had a horible experience there with a crown she did and it fell off after 2 years. She put it back on charged me for it, and it fell off again a few weeks later. She then charged me to do the crown again! I left that office and decided to go to one in the nw close to my house and the dentist told me it would need to be redone again because of how it was so poorly done in the first place. ya never go there. save your money

flag | Submitted July 4, 2013

I went to this office as my regular dentist was away on holidays regarding a tooth ache I wanted checked out. She quickly told me my tooth was severely infected and that I could wait no longer to have a root canal completed.Staff was incompetent,rude and late.Root canal was OVER priced,and even higher than a specialist. I am required to get the root canal redone and have to pay for it completely out of pocket as my insurance company refuses to pay for another root canal on the same tooth. When I went back to her to see if I could get some sort of reimbursement to help me pay for the 2nd root canal she decided that she would blame me for the root canal not being successful. I apparently was checking my phone too much and couldn't open my jaw wide enough (due to a TMJ injury) and that's why it was difficult. STAY far away from this office, unless you like overpaying and getting less than mediocre dental care.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

I have been going to Kristin for a number of years and have found her to be the best practitioner with the most caring attitude I have ever come across. This past year my wife & I moved to a different part of town and I thought I would try a dentist within walking distance of our new place. His prices were the same as Kristin's but his manner and technique were not even close to Kristin's. I felt I was just another mouth with a credit card. I told myself that I don't care how far I live from Kristin's office, she's more than worth the drive. I can't say enough good about her and her staff.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2012

Wow, who does this lady think she is? $900+ for a couple of fillings? That's got to be 50% more if not double some other dentists in town. Someone needs to regulate what these dentists charge. And what's with all the gold recommendations? Must be a better profit margin on gold. This dentist is aggressive with a capital A. Get a second opinion if you've had work recommended. I was glad I did. Better yet, try a different dentist. There are lots of good options in Calgary.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2011

Great Dentist, great staff. Convenient downtown location (Bow Valley Square). English is perfect. Personable and friendly. I've been going to her for 10 years.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2009

Dr. Yont is an exceptional addition to an exceptional practice, prompt, efficient, empathetic, and as mentioned earlier a striking woman. The staff are all great too!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2008