Ratings for Dr. Howard B. Blumstein

Dr. Blumstein is extremely knowledgeable and keeps his patients informed about their condition and his reasons for choosing a particular treatment plan. He is also caring and concerned.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Dr.Blumstein is very caring and explains and answers all your queations. He is kind and understanding. I hate to take medications (side effects can be horrible), he listened to all my fears and then explained all the side effects and the likelyhood of them happening. He then told me to go home and take time to make my decision. I decided to take the medications and so far I am doing fine. I would recommend him to family and friends.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2012

Best rheumatologist I've been to! Dr. B. is pleasant, knowledgeable, kind, compassionate and has a great sense of humor. He's always on time and "right on the money" with his diagnoses. After a horrible experience with another rheumatologist in NYC, who was supposed to be "the best of the best", my sister recommended Dr. B. As it turned out, the NYC doctor almost killed me by prescribing the wrong medications and diagnosing me with a disease I did not have. Dr. B. did much more extensive testing than the NYC doctor ever did, which was taking a few vials of blood. Dr. B. not only ordered a series of blood tests, he also ordered X-rays and an MRI. I'm so happy to finally have a diagnosis and Dr. B. as my rheumatologist! I would highly recommend Dr. B.!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2011

Exceptionally courteous, listens to PT. complaints, very knowledgeable. Explains illness thoroughly. Excellent diagnostician. Takes enough bloodwork to cover many illnesses, so he has a full picture and complete working knowledge of your health. Does not leave any stone unturned to help you find relief, very attentive.Very kind and considerate, especially to the elderly. He is about 36, but brings a wealth of knowledge beyond his years to his profession. He is also an Internist and therefore, has even more intensive knowledge of the human body. I am in my mid 60's, he has helped me find a serious problem with my health that no other doctor has. I have recommended him to friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers, and they feel the same as I do, one visit with him and they wouldn't go to anyone else.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2010

he had a real hands off approach. he didn't properly examine my joints or pay much attention to my complaints. I needed to have my diagnosis explained to me. He mentioned in passing that I had an auto-immune disorder--like I somehow already knew about it. I am looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2009

He's extremely knowledgeable. Excellent bedside manners. Office is very friendly and as said in another comment, having bloodwork done right there in the office is great! I've been going there for years and everything is consistent.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2009

Dr.Blumstein does everything in his power to assist you with your health concerns. I would even say he goes out of his way to assist his patients. He is personable,knowledgeable,and compassionate.He also has a good sense of humor-very important in a doctor!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2009

Dr. Blumstein is an exceptional doctor, very caring, as well as extremely knowledgeable. Works in a wonderful practice, great ppartners and office staff.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2008

Wow!!! On time, knowledgeable and very kind. To be in and out of a doctor's office in an hour (including blood work) is not an everyday occurence. I have been going there for some time now so it's not an anomaly. I highly recommend him. The office staff is a plus too.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2007

Dr. Howard B. Blumstein's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)