Ratings for Dr. Carlos Contreras

Tremendo doctor estoy muy contenta que a tiendas mis hijos

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

This guy is terrible! He actually actively discourages parents from checking things out if they think their kids are sick. He should be stripped of his license and we'll get someone new and fresh into the clinic. Not this old windbag who certainly doesn't want to be there.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Lacking basic standards. When I decided to post a review here and saw what others had written before, I spent a lot of time double checking that this was the same person we encountered last weekend. Last Sunday, June 18, 2017 our 28-month old was seen by Carlos E. Contreras (CPSO# 32620) at the Children's After Hours Clinic in North York. This person examined our child's tongue and mouth by inserting the otoscope and pressing it (repeatedly and apparently intentionally) against the inner cheeks and the tongue. Apart from the very idea of intentionally making the otoscope come in direct contact with the patient's mouth, we saw this otoscope being previously placed against the unprotected vinyl surface of the examination table. I could hold off no more and told him not to touch the child's mouth with this contaminated object. He responded by angrily throwing the otoscope on the table. My wife, desperate to obtain medical help for the child, continued to talk with this elderly man of questionable hygiene standards. That day, our child had a viral infection with active blisters in her mouth. I can only hope this individual did not touch any other child's mouth with his contaminated otoscope. This person's conduct in the examination room poses nothing short of real danger to public health. Should we need to use the Children's After Hours Clinic again, we will definitely do so. However, we will specifically ask that our child is examined by anyone but C.E. Contreras.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

he's an amazing doctor. my daughter has many psychiatric illnesses and he has given her referals to amazing specialiss to see her. he also prescribes my daughter her medications for and with his cardiology specialty he decides what best medication help her heart be healthy

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

He is just amazing doctor !! I recommend as a mother

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

Dr C is our hero. My daughter was born 12 weeks early & had 7 things wrong with her heart. After she was discharged from the NICU after 61 days, we had to see Dr Contreras every other day for a month , every 3 days...every week...every other week & then monthly for almost 2 years. He gave us his cell, home & cottage phone numbers if we ever had an emergency. I used this privilege 3 times & each time he met us at the hospital & my baby was admitted. He refused to give his " lovey" needles , so Michelle his equally amazing nurse & walking daytimer.( She ran his office with kindness & thoroughness . ) had to be the needle giver. He has a very special in my heart for making those first hard days so much better & for helping me to believe in myself to have the strength to go through all we did with our undercooked bambino then & over the last 16 1/2 yrs. Dr C's " lovey" is planning on being a Cardiologist too. We love you, thank you will never be enough

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

Dr. Contreras has been amazing with both our children. Our son is now 15 and daughter 11 and we are extremely pleased with the way Dr. Contreras has been helping us deal with any medical issues they have ever had. He is a very knowledgable doctor and we like the fact that he does not jump to prescribing antibiotics right away. At his office Michelle in particular has been alway a great help.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

He has been my daughters pediatrician for over a year. He was the only one that was able to identify an issue with my dr. chest. I visited 6 drs including sick's and no one was able to explain why my daughter was coughing for 2 months. it was not allergies, it was not asthma. She was put on different meds including puffers and nothing worked. Dr Contreras was able to identify a plan of action to find a solution to it and at the end of the day we were able to address that cough. I would recommend him in a heart beat

flag | Submitted January 20, 2014

Over 10 years ago I had a problem with my leg, my parent's doctor gave me a cream and told me it is just muscle pain, I kept going back to him and he kept giving me the same cream. I went to Dr Contreras he was shocked at my other doctors incompetence and scheduled me for x-rays. A day later he calls me and tells me not to take another step and that I needed to get a pin in my leg ASAP or risk getting arthritis on my femur bone where it connects to the hip. He's an excellent doctor and If he's still practising I suggest going with him.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013

Dr Contreras has been my children's pedritician for the past 19 years. Over the years I have not trusted any other doctor taking care of my kids. My kids always look forward to see him. He is very caring and knowledgeable in his practice. Never seem to rush his patients. His secretary Michelle is amazing always willing to help and give consrtuctive advice and always willing to help with an early appointment. My daughter is now 19year old and think she can have Dr.Contreras as her doctor forever. Really appreciate you Dr.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013