Ratings for Dr. Sunette Lessing

I like her as person, but the medications she prescribed basically ruined my life. I've had to go on disbility because of them. These drugs are the reason there has been a skyrocketing of mental illness in developed countries and explain the revolving door syndrome. My memory, intelligence and stability are al gone. My personality has changed in a major way and not for good. I started out with depression and am so messed up now. I'm just hanging on hoping to see improvement. I don't blame Dr. Lessing. She has been lied to by the pharmaceutical companies.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

I know she tries, but I just don't think it's possible for a psychiatrist to be helpful.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2016

I'm really sorry to rate so poorly, but I think doctors do not know how very damaging the antidepressants and other psychiatric drugs are. I don't hold them fully culpable, since they only know what they are taught in med school and by warped studies by the pharmaceutical companies. I was severely depressed and was put on paroxatine. Formerly, I was thinking of suicide by the least painful method. After paroxatine I became obsessed with the most gruesome method, whether it was painful or not. The withdrawals were horrible after just one month. Brain zaps lasted for over a month afterward. I tried a few other antidepressants, but became severely uncomfortable in my body. I could not sit still with a very disturbing body energy. Then Dr. Lessing put me on mirtazapine and I thought it was at last an antidepressant I could handle. I became very impulsive and had extreme outburst of anger. I began using a lot of drugs and alcohol. Among them were lsd and various research chemicals. I was formerly very shy, but I now found that I could talk to anyone. Mostly about things they were not interested in, but that didn't matter. I thought my personality change was great. The least little disagreement with someone would lead me to suicidal thoughts and one time I cut my arms moderately deep a bunch of times over. I never had cut myself before and never even thought of doing such a thing. I eventually read an article on antidepressants and serotonin and tapered off the mirtazapine. My thoughts were back to normal then and I could see what a vast difference there was between myself on the drug and off. I couldn't relate to taking lsd and other drugs. I even tried a few and although I could feel the effects of them they were no longer enjoyable to me. I felt so boring and missed that impulsive, exciting person, so, I began taking the mirtazpine again and a few days later she was back. After a major meltdown in public I went off it again. I felt more like I was operating out of a dream state on the mirtazapine, but probably very few psychiatrist would say this was due to the drug, although I never behaved this way before or had such weird impulsive thoughts and behaviour. I was a one to always error on the side of caution, probably too much. I was never a drug user and a very light alcohol user. I didn't have severe mood swings where everything was grand one minute and devastating the next. I was not moody at all except for an occasional bought of severe depression. Yet, I became reckless and involved myself and others in such horrible, stupid decisions. It did feel like a dream, like not being fully conscious. How could doctors not know how much these drugs can change a person?

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

I was admitted to one south at rih seriously depressed. I sat in my room on my bed for days . Nurses from other wards came to my room I found it strange to have so many nurses talk to me. I told a friend that works at hospital she said that is not allowed if your not working that floor you not see people on that floor . However I am writing this to warn you about Dr Lessing as after 3 days she came and told me to "Stop your making the nurses uncomfortable" I didnt leave my room didnt want to talk to anybody just so depressed not do a thing. After that I left these people are not good at there jobs esp Dr LESSING Im happy if by some chance she helped you but i believe it was chance rather than knowledge.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2015

This doctor tried to warn me over and over about my drug use, but I had to find out the hard way. I ended up being locked up for five days with delusions and hallucinations. I ended up screaming at her when she tried to see me, because I thought she was trying to kill me. I believe psych drugs are harmful, too, and don't take them as directed. She does appear somewhat cold, but I think she is sincere. Her knowledge of psychiatry gets in the way of being truly helpful as I see it as a bogus profession. I finally realized how empowered I was to help myself and no one could do that for me. I'm much better since then.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

This doctor saw my family on the weekend. She was very helpful.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

I saw this doctor last week. She talked to me for over an hour and made helpful suggestions.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

Dr. Lessing was very helpful when I became depressed. She was willing to talk to my husband who is now in therapy too.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

Never on time. Misdiagnosed me and put me on horrible drugs which were addicting and then she was surprised that I just couldn't stop taking them. These drugs cause brain atrophy. No wonder they call psychiatrist shrinks.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014

Dr. Lessing has been looking after my wife since 2009. Up until that time, my wife suffered terribly with bipolar depression. Having Dr. Lessing in our lives has made all the difference in the world because it has now been 5 and a 1/2 years without an episode. This doctor is strict but compassionate. She does not mince words, but at the same time shows a great deal of compassion. She was able to do what so many other doctors failed to do - and without going the route of the real hardcore drugs that are so addictive. Some medications can be extremely destructive if they are used for too long - and Dr. Lessing knows this. The mix of medications she now has my wife on are not addictive, and the advice, counseling & support she offers her patients are 2nd to none. We thank God for bringing her into our lives, and we are filled with gratitude for what she has done for our family regarding the care and treatment of my wife.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2014