Ratings for Dr. Alice Klinkhoff

I find that she knows what she is talking about and is willing to try a variety of therapies. Where I find her less than willing to discuss any overlapping medical concerns.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Receptionist is awful! The dr is good and knows her stuff. I dint like dealing with her receptionist who does not follow thru. I wish she would get another receptionist.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

Hey another point of view. I was diagnosed with Arthritis in 1981, since the I had had episodes of back and joint paint frequently. I was treated by Dr Klinkhoff in 1986/87. She also used me as model for her students at UBC. Well I took once the painkillers for my joint pain for about a month (indomethacin), but after I faced some side effects I stopped taking them. I decided to read more about what could reduce or stop the pains. I got to reading more about how diet can effect the suffering, ideas by Dr. Bukovsky (Slovakia) and Mrs Boutenko (USA). By Dr Klinkhoff projection the episodes of pain and morning stiffness would intensify by my age. It scared me, lucky I got familiar with a healthy diet with my ex wife. Stopped eating meat, drinking milk and buying organic products as the books by Dr Bukovsky and Mrs Boutenko suggested. Guess what 30 years later all my pain is gone, back pain joint pain any pains. I have not seen my doctor for years. I hike, I bike, I ski, I run. At age 66 I am fit and feel good. The discipline in diet and staying active changed my life. I reduced the intake of toxins (loose radicals)and I think this is one of the secrets to go pain free and improve my life. I know it might not work for all of us, but for some there is way without THE DRUGS !!!!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Very knowledgable and a diamond in the rough. Treats patients as equals.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

My experience with this woman goes back many years. I only went to see her once and was treated with such disdain, one could even say contempt, that I stayed away from rheumatologists for years and simply managed as best I could on my own with NSAIDs. Only recently did I discover that I've long had ankylosing spondylitis. She gave a vague description while reading something unrelated to me and then simply dismissed me with utter disregard for her duties and obligations, less yet my wellbeing. The favourable comments raise questions in my mind as to their relationship with this woman. Highly questionable veracity.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2016

Practical, knowledgeable, caring doctor who listens to you and lets you make informed decisions. So lucky to have her

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

Dr Klinkhoff has treated me with gold injections for more years than I can remember. My RA has been in remission for a long time and she has followed my case with superior care

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

Dr. Klinkhoff has been mine and my sister's doctor for 25 years. She is very caring and compassionate. She was the only one who could get my RA under control. I have excellent quality of life now and on minimum meds. My sister has Lupus and would have died if not for the expertise of Dr. Klinkhoff. We are so grateful to have her as our dr.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

If you are a patient of Dr. Alice Klinkhoff then you are a very fortunate. I've had so many diferent Dr's. in my life it's mind boggling at times, but to say I am blessed to have the very best in what B.C. has to offer in terms of those Dr's...well that would be a understatement. Not only is she the best Rheumatologist, Dr. Klinkhoff has made sure that I have also been sent to the very best of surgeons in Canada, from hip replacements, shoulder replacements, knee replacement Surgeons and the list continues. I cannot stress the difference that makes to someones life both physically emotionally. I don't know of, or have I ever heard of another Dr. that goes extremely long distances from her office to travel so her patients don't have to that also says so much...Thank you greatly Dr. Alice Klinkhoff for all your care and dedication over the years.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

She has been my doctor for about 10 years and since the first time I met her, I had all confidence in her.....she is very caring and very through-al. You might have to wait for a 1/2hr. or so for the appointment but it is very worth it! Very much appreciate that I can email her any time I'm having a flare up and she gets right back to me and gets me into her next clinic!!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015