Ratings for Dr. R. MARK Rodger

Great doctor he is amazing! If you need to get surgery or a second opinion go to him he knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Had my first appointment and found him knowledgable,polite and traight forward with his diagnosis and he left the decision up to me.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

He got me walking upright again. I think he is First a surgeon, so if he can't offer you a surgical solution that is likely to help you, he is going to tell you that right off. Maybe some people consider that arrogant/rude, I call it not wasting my time or his. I am extremely satisfied with his care and would not let anyone else touch me. Like I said, he got me walking upright again. He fixed what he said he could (leg pain) and told me surgery would not help my back pain. He did what he said, and since my legs at the time hurt FAR worse than my back, I can say I am a happy patient. His clinical team is excellent, they always returned my calls or answered questions through their patient portal. 5 stars!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

Read his reviews! He was awful. His arrogance and lack of concern was unbelievable. To say he was a jerk is mild. I can't actually say what I really felt. His first question was "why are you here". Um.........duh. I got a referral. I had to point out things that were in my xray report that he had not even reviewed. He was abrupt and uncaring. He seemed completely at a loss and the fact that I could not longer sit seemed unimportant. I have an incredibly high pain tolerance and don't complain until it is unbearable. He spoke quickly and treated me as if I had no brain cells and I was an interruption to his day. I left with no answers and a script to get a CT scan and come back. I will have a CT but I WILL NOT go back to this doctor. Let me also say, I was married to a physician and work in the field. He is one of the most arrogant, uncaring physicians I have met. I implore you, FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Dr. Rodger is a highly trained and skilled Surgeon , "super specializing" in complex Spine disorders and injuries. I experienced the highest caliber care and compassion . All questions and concerns were addressed clearly ,at length . As a well known Spine Surgeon of impeccable reputation (" The Doctors' /Dr.s' families Surgeon") I knew I had found the best ! My entire experience ,from diagnosis to treatment to follow up , was completely positive ! Many, many THANKS to Dr. Rodger and his team of Professionals !!!!!! Would not consider going elsewhere .my recovery was stellar. I know of several people who's outcome (same procedure , different surgeons in other Spine Centers) was not as good. Punctuality is irrelevant , as these Guys are called to Emergency Surgery often, and we hope the waiting room patients understand if it were They in emergency surgery, others' appointments would be delayed ! I'll wait as long as it takes for the Best.....

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

He is not knowledgeable about the latest minimally invasive techniques. I asked him about percutaneus endoscopic hemi diskectomy and he either didn't know that I was talking about or he was faking it. I found him arrogant even for a doctor. He did find something on my films that other doctors missed that was later confirmed by a chiropractor. This is Eastern NC so you are not going to find too many good doctors. The good ones are in Raleigh or Charlotte. The hacks come here.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2011

Dr. Rodger found the back compression that no one else found. He spent time going through the procedure and visited in the hospital. Though in a hurry most of the time, I always had my questions answered to my satisfaction. Very good surgeon in a very difficult area.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

excellent communicator, good doctor, evaluated the condition.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2011

was very straightforward. will explain options for medical treatment if surgery cannot be done.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2008

FELLOWSHIP TRAINED. SKILLED IN MINIMIALLY INVASIVE SPINAL SURGERY TECHNIQUES. ANSWERS QUESTIONS IN STRAIGHTFORWARD MANNER

flag | Submitted April 12, 2007

Dr. R. MARK Rodger's Credentials

• Dalhousie Univ, Fac Of Med, Halifax, Ns, Canada (Grad. 1982)

AHC