Ratings for Dr. Patrick Whelan

Dr. Whelan is great. He’s very to the point which I like. Day of my gallbladder removal surgery, he came into the waiting area to speak to me and see how I am. Good bedside manners.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2018

Dr Whelan is great. I had my colonoscopy today and I was so pleased that he performed the operation. I wouldn’t want any other doctor performing the procedure.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2018

Considering I have not had my surgery yet and I am writing this review, is saying something very positive about Dr. Whelan and his staff. Dr. Whelan is a man of his word and has been very honest with me. This is very important and means a lot. I have met with him twice already and my surgery is in April. I did not want to wait until then to write a review, because Dr Whelan and his staff are professional and on schedule in terms of their word. If they promise to do something or call you back with information they did not have on hand. Consider it done! I don't believe in putting off what you can do today. I have read all the reviews, good and bad, but I can only speak to what I have experienced so far. Dr Whelan also went a step further and did additional tests due to the findings from the colonoscopy, and I am truly thankful for that. I am now in the process of preparing myself for surgery and then for the healing process afterward. I have all confidence that Dr Whelan will do a great job. Thank you Dr. Whelan

flag | Submitted March 31, 2018

I had a hernia repair done with Dr. Whelan, and am very pleased all around. He saw me in July, I went to Shouldice for a second opinion, decided to have the day surgery with Dr. Whelan, and so glad I did. He is my type of person... professional, knowledgable and tells you like it is. I was very worried (he may not have even noticed), but he put me to ease about the procedure. I woke up and he had informed me that the hernia was indeed needing to be repaired, hinting I made the right decision coming in when I did. The incision was even much smaller than I'd anticipated! Thank you Dr. Whelan.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2017

I was found thyroid cancer, the doctor gave me an operation, he is a very careful person, concerned about his patients, I like the doctor, I was lucky

flag | Submitted October 15, 2017

November 2015 was diagnosed with stage 3 colorectal cancer and had my surgery on March 2016. Thanks to Dr. Whelan my surgery and recovery went well. I did not receive a colostomy, which I am so greatful for, when other surgeons would have probably given me one due to the nature and location of my cancer. I asked him to do his utmost best so that I do not get a colostomy, and he did!!! I highly highly highly recommend Dr. Whelan.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

August 2016 I was diagnosed with Cancer, Thanks to Dr. Whelan I have quality of life and a better understanding of those afflicted with terrible disease. I cannot judge others comments, having not been privy to their circumstances, but I do take exception that this surgeon is cavalier in his approach to patients. My experience, a Doctor who informs, is a surgical wizard, and goes above and beyond in after care, I owe my life to this talented team. If you are unsure, apprehensive, and require direct information on how to deal with your condition there is no one better. Due to my personality, sense of humor, and outlook I consider Dr. Pat Whelan the best of the best, Cheers for being there when I needed you. C.R. Potter

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

Most uncaring Doctor I have ever had. Explains nothing about procedures. Will never go back to MSH because if him.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

This doctor found and fixed a botched surgery that was done 20 years ago at Sunnybrook by another doc. no other doc wanted to touch the mess made inside me living in turmoil all these years. this brilliant brave doc had me in and out within a week all fixed up and 5 yrs later im still good. thank you drs seluky and whelan!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2016

Dr. Whalen was referred to me by my family doctor. I met with him about a partial thyroidectomy due to nodule growth and a suspicious fine needle biopsy. I told him to do what he felt was best during surgery and he saved part of my thyroid instead of removing it entirely which other surgeons would have done. The surgery was booked exactly one month from my first meeting. He was great. He did a wonderful job and my scar is barely noticeable 3 weeks post-op which is quite a compliment as it is right across my neck. Half my battle was trusting the surgeon and I am glad I put my trust in him. I hope he is still practicing if I ever require surgery again. His secretary is super amazing as well. I have spoken with a few people who he performed various procedures on and they were all extremely happy. If you are able to book your surgery with him, consider yourself lucky.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015