Ratings for Dr. Patrick Davitt

The good thing about Dr. Davitt is that he refers when he doesn't know something. The bad thing about that, is that he doesn't wish to learn about anything further and expand his knowledge to help future patients. He is so limited in his scope and clearly hasn't learned anything since he was taught in Med School. When discussing thyroid testing, he simply wanted TSH to be done. For those that don't know, when testing for an autoimmune condition such as Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, TSH does nothing. When I asked him about this, he said that further testing could be done after the results get back. Again, for those that don't know, Calgary Labs range of reference for a healthy TSH is 0.2 - 4.0 , as he told me. Even though other MD's know that this incredibly vast range of refernece is not accurate, he still chose to take this route. He refused to test me for other levels of hormones and said "It would be a waste of taxpayer's money." As I mentioned to him, I too, am a taxpayer and I in fact do not use medical services regularly and therefore have earned my right to use it, just like any other individual. Bottom line is this man is stuck in his college textbooks, which have since been re-written time and time again and he refuses to learn and grow with the changing times. I absolutely do not recommend wasting your time as I have with this physician. The receptionists at the clinic were kind enough, but the sheer disrespect for health, even willing to test further, when a simple checkmark on a lab sheet wouldn't have hurt him in the least, and in fact would have helped my health immensely. I'm concerned about all of these positive reviews, as well.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2018

He helped me find everything that's been going on other doctors dismissed for years and referred me to many specialists. He has a mix of casual and formal depending on how long you've been his patient, and I feel like both a cared for friend and patient with him. I'm glad to have him as a doctor, he's helped me with so many things over the years and I couldn't thank him enough

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Not a good docotr, seen him many times and he is in it for the money. He is never willing to consider more than one of my symptoms per visit even though they might be connected. Im in pre-med and he doesnt really know his stuff but on the bright side he doesnt bs a solution and instead refers you to a specialist, in my case the wrong type of specialist. Not considering more than one symptom is a huge problem for me though. The rating on this site is way to high. Also no one has mentioned his extremely crude receptionists which makes me suspicious as to the validity of these review; if you check dr. wadhwa's reviews ,where dr. davitt works, they are mentioned numerous times.

Submitted September 20, 2014

Superb and helpful. Takes his time and doesn't rush even though extremely busy. Very good manners and thorough.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2013

Dr Davitt has been my doctor since 1993. He is an excellent physician and a compassionate human being, both knowledgeable and understandable. None better.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

So impressed with Dr. Davitt - what I noticed first was that he really listens. He doesn't jump to handing out prescriptions which I also really appreciate. I very highly recommend Dr. Davitt.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2012

He was fantastic to deal with, informative, and genuinely concerned for my condition.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011

Dr.Davitt has been our family doctor for almost 15 years now. He always takes time with me. Since English is not my first language, I appreciate it very much. Thank you Dr.Davitt!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2011

Gives a more thorough examination. Does not treat his patients like morons. Many doctors brush away your questions as if to say "it's so complicated, you won't understand". Dr. Davitt does not do that. He does not make you feel you're beyond understanding or beneath his level of education. Or is it just that many of the older doctors "profile" their non-white patients.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2011

This is a great doctor and he truly cares about his patients. He takes the time to really listen and find a solution for your problems. He takes the time to call you personally. I would recommend him to anyone and in today's health care system he is a 1 in a 100,000. We are lucky to have a doctor of his caliper in our city.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2009