Ratings for Dr. Scott Murray

He knows what he's doing . I'm so thankful for him and his knowledge.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

I have no words to describe my experiences with this Dr. And unfortunately they were 3! Rude, condescending , flirtatious and ignorant. He is too old and needs to retire!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

As a medical professional myself i have never met someone quite so unproffesional using words like "your nuts" in reference to testicles, talking about other patients hes seeing using full names and symptoms, yelling at his staff offering no options and making diagnosis without looking at any lab results. He was rude to his staff while i was there, generally just an overly uncomfortable experience i will be getting a refferal to ottawa

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Why do people invest their time in being cruel to others! Best Dr I ever had!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Resident took history. His exam was quick and thorough, curt in nature but professional and credible

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

Very professional, knowledgeable and personable urologist. Not at all rude like some of the previous posts portray him as. He went out of his way to discuss my fathers diagnosis with me, which not many doctors will do.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2014

Couldn't void Monday. Went to a small hospital nearby. They drained off 1400 mils initially, then another 600. They took catheter out, gave me antibiotics, made appt with Dr. Murray, and sent me home. Went BACK but this time to the bigger, closer hospital that Murray works out of (still no pee). Told my story, said please help. They drained off a mere 418mils, but hurt like hell with lots of spasms - put a leg bag on me, told me ultrasound would call me for an appt, and after they called I was to call Murray's office. Sent me on my way. Didn't work. Felt wrong, hurt like hell.CT scan at 4 yesterday, asked to reposition catheter, they said it was fine. Spent the night on pain killers/relaxants. Murray shows up at 12:30 this aft yells at me says 'what's all this crap about calling my office, and coming to the hospital 3 days in a row? I'm taking out the catheter you're leaving.' He takes it out, takes out my iv, says 'Get out.' 10:48pm. long drive to ottawa in agony...jerk.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2013

I am convinced if not for Dr.Murray treating my father nearly 10 years ago that my father would still be alive today.He completely botched a surgery using out of date techniques and refused to accept my father was deteriorating until he nearly completely wasted away. His disaster resulted in another 5 surgeries over the next 6 mos.Even I could recognize that he was draining urine out of the wrong drain yet Dr.Murray could not.when we FINALLY were transferred to Ottawa(after my insisting)a resident told me he would eat his shirt if I was not right.To top things off, there was never any pathology report of Dr.Murray having removed tissue (part of the ureter) high risk for cancer.Of course, the cancer returned.This past year, my father died within weeks of his diagnosis of bladder ca metastisis, 9 years after Dr. Murray removed his bladder.I don't have enogh space to comment on his rude condescending tactics during our most difficult time.Suffice to say see ANYONE else if you can!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

I went to Dr. Murray for a kidney stone. He blasted it with the laser and inserted a stent, he sent me home with narcotics for the pain but failed to prescribe an anti-biotic. I'm diabetic so this was especially important. Two days later the pain had increased so my wife brought me back to Pembroke General Hosp. Dr. Murray felt that the pain was caused bu the stent and removed it. Still no anti-biotic. As a result of this I developed a kydney infection. Once again I returned to the Hospital after several days of pain. The staff had no idea how to proceed so my wife insisted I be sent to Ottawa. Two hours after arriving at the Ottawa General hospital I was having surgery. My Kidney infection had developed into full blown blood poisoning. They saved my kidney by inserting a nephrostomy. I should add that after my initial surgery by Dr. Murray (blasting the stone) he spoke with my wife and flirted with her. Dr. Murray is extremely unproffessional. Drive to Ottawa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2012

Elderly people Please seek second opinion not assertive enough with PROSTATE CANCER!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2011