Ratings for Dr. Eric Carkner

A FANTASTIC SURGEON. GREAT RESULTS WITH MY NECK AND MY WIFE'S BACK SURGERY. HE WORKS OUT OF NEW ENGLAND BAPTIST HOSPITAL WHICH IS OUTSTANDING AND IS SUPPORTED BY A COMPETENT AND CARING STAFF.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Preformed 3 back surgeries in 8 weeks. He tore my dura and for 7 weeks I ran fevers of 101 to 103.9 with throbbing headaches. We called his office x 7 weeks reporting symptoms....no help. I developed a huge grapefruit size pouch of leaking spinal fluid on my back. My husband demanded that I be seen and then it was an emergency which landed me in the hospital for another surgery. This doctor has ruined my life, has caused me horrible pain and suffering.. I have no life at all now.

Submitted January 26, 2017

My wife suffered for almost 10 years before seeing Dr. Carkner. She tried oral medications, spinal injections, physical therapy, etc., with no success. After surgery by Dr. Carkner, she feels absolutely fantastic and walks 5 miles per day, 7 days per week, with no pain whatsoever. Dr. Carkner is knowledgeable, caring, efficient, and has a great bedside manner-one of the friendliest physicians you will ever meet.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

I only wish I had not waited so long to see Dr. Carkner and have the operation to treat my L4/L5 herniated disk (18 months after being injured). PT, chiropracty and steroid shots all offered some relief, albeit temporary. I had consulted two doctors here in Rhode Island and was tentative about having them operate on me, but after a doctor here recommended Dr. Carkner and I met with him, I was ready to go. Unlike another commenter, I did not have to wait very long for surgery once I'd made the decision to proceed. He is amazing - kind, smart, responsive and informative. In addition to his superb medical training, he first studied mechanical engineering and worked as a mechanical engineer! Although everyone must make their own decision about surgery or no surgery, for those who decide to proceed with surgery - I recommend without reservation Dr. Carkner and New England Baptist. They make an amazing team!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

Very down to earth and honest. Very easy to talk to. He will do what he thinks is proper for his patient not his bottom line.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014

This guy rocks. Needed surgery for a herniated disk, and he fixed me up...I know that another doctor working in his practice needed back surgery, and Dr. Carkner performed it. Only downside...it takes a long time to get scheduled, both to be seen and to be operated on...but worth the wait!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

Too many good things to say. He gave my husband his life back. Great surgeon with a bed side manner that I have never seen in a surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

Ecellent doctor very thorough and took the time to explain exactly what was going to happen and how i would feel after the surgery I had a cervical fusion of C4-7 all symptoms are gone and i am pain free i am back to work and feeling great

flag | Submitted February 9, 2012

After going through a lot of conservative treatment,my quality of life was given back to me after much needed spine surgery!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

Dr. Carkner is fantastic. He explains everything in a way that patients can understand. He is the most personable doctor I have ever had. He genuinely cares. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

Dr. Eric Carkner's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Top Hospitals in Chestnut Hill, MA