Ratings for Dr. Marianna Diaconita

I have been very pleased with Dr. Diaconita. She was very concerned and helpful when my daughter was born and wasn't gaining weight. She is thorough and caring with both of us. I've read some of the other comments (negative) and I am surprised. I think she expects you to be informed and take responsibility for your own health such as making lifestyle changes instead of taking pills. I think she is very cautious and refers you to a specialist if she thinks there's any reason to.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2011

No fooling around right to the point,This is a good thing.If not sure on what she said, she will make you understand.Thank You.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2010

Receptionist horribly moody and did not seem to care about urgency of situations. Dr. was very thorough but seemed like always referring rather than actually assessing issues herself. I was referred MANY times with her and then always had to follow back up which was very time consuming. The language is sometimes a barrier and she was positive many times I had something that in the end I clearly did not which was frustrating and again time consuming. I did not find her very approachable. I would not recommend her.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2010

Pretty Good Doc, as some others have commented she is thorough, but expects you to take initiative in your health issues. I think she truely cares about you, but holds you accountable to life style choices.IE: eating properly, not drinking, smoking, seeing her ever year for a physical etc. All in all I have confidence and trust in her and am glad she is my family doc.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2010

A wonderful physician. Caring, compassionate and willing to help. She says it like it is and you walk out of her office feeling like you've made a change for the better. The clinic is busy, but I was seen promptly and the staff is courteous. I recommend her to anyone in the Whitby area.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2010

These "miserable people" here are miserable because of the mistreatment they received from dr. diaconita. I gave her UNEARNED trust because of her title - and then never went back because of her inability to provide helpful medical advice, her obvious frustration with that flaw, & her subsequent UNWARRANTED misbehavior. She would get evicted from any reputable Medical Building. ZERO rating to her & her "miserable" minion.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2010

I am thrilled to have found Dr. Diaconita. She is tough and forthright when necessary but has a sensitive side as well. Perhaps she has told some people things they do not want to hear but people seem to forget she is looking out for our health and not trying to make friends. She has every right to make sure her patients are serious about their health and will be compliant. She has actively steered me into making healthier life choices that will add years and quality to my life. I find her staff to be genuinely helpful and accomodating. When you need an appointment and have never waited for her more than 10 minutes before. I give her a thumbs up!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2009

I have recently become a patient of Dr. Diaconita's. She does have a different manner but she is extremely thorough! For 16 years I had a doctor who did not catch two major health issues I seemed to have had for a while. I found Dr. Diaconita after my doctor left her practice to teach. After Dr. Diaconita discovered my 2 health issues I was left wondering about my previous doctor whom I had thought was fabulous. Don't knock this doctor I can attest to her knowledge and thoroughness! Remember that we all express ourselves differently and not everyone will approve of our manner!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2009

I read the other comments and can't believe we are talking about the same doctor. I find Dr Diaconita to be thorough, professional and caring. The facilities are old, but clean. Its very handy to have a pharmacy, diagnositc imaging, and lab in the same building.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2009

Clearly we are not talking about the same Dr. She provides my aging mother with awesome care. We are fortunate to have her as our Dr.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2009