Dr. Michael Gaudet

You may also like

Dr. Michael shame on you for not telling people that some medication may just not work for them Though patience need to also realize that you do need to take the medication for at least 3-4 months. To the lady that was lead to believe that her medication had a significant cause of breast cancer. It was probably a very low percentage and that is why he did not mention it though as a patient it is your responsibility as well you're due diligence to read all about your meds and ask questions stop, and take ownership.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

Wonderful, caring, knowledgable, non judgemental, actually listens and encourages participation of decision making re medications and treatment choices. I can't say enough for our luck in having this doctor in our community.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2015

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

I write from the perspective of both a patient and a physician ( one of many doctors in Dr. Gaudet's practice), who has also had the pleasure of hearing him lecture at a couple of Continuing Education events. He is a highly regarded teacher and lecturer on psychiatric treatment. His assessment of my condition was thorough and comprehensive, as was his discussion of treatment options. His knowledge is up to date and evidence based ( and he is very familiar with research on treatment risks that has been revised over time). I really appreciated his approach of nicely integrating both medication and non-drug approaches; it would be accurate to describe his treatment as holistic. He is kind and caring, has a genuine warmth, but truly expects you to work on your recovery. He has a terrific capacity to speak frankly and at the same time convey respect, all the while pushing you gently to progress. I am extremely grateful for his help, guidance, and expert treatment.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

i gave him 5 star rating because the system would not accept anything but 5s at that time; in other words the system was rigged at the time to accept 5s only; it should have been clear from my comments that ratings were irrelevant

flag | Submitted March 22, 2015

I saw Dr. Gaudet over two years ago. He prescribed a medication for my condition that made me feel generally unwell. I realize that this can happen to any person - that a medication may not agree with them. I finally, after persisting in taking it for some time (hoping that the positives would eventually outweigh the negatives), went back to my family doctor who switched me to something else that I have tolerated much better. I just attended a Christmas party and ran into one of the top specialists in psychiatric medications in the region (whom I had met previously on other social occasions). During the course of our chat, I learned that the medication Dr. Gaudet prescribed for me is not considered a ‘first choice’ medication for the treatment of my condition. This upset me given that I felt unwell needlessly for quite a period of time. While I don’t feel anywhere near as strongly as the person who posted comments in October, 2012 (and why they gave him a five star rating is beyond me given that they felt his licence should be revoked?), I don’t feel he rates five stars. He seems like a nice person but I feel he should have known better than to prescribe what he did for me.

Submitted December 19, 2014

He is up to date on modern Phych, and will approach your problems systematically to provide you with the best ways to treat you. Some words to describe him are: Calm, intense listener, systematic, caring, willing to be tough on you if it helps solves root issues. 10 on 10.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

Beyond measure, I am greatly appreciative of the wisdom and smarts that Dr. Gaudet has shared with me as his patient.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

Dr. Gaudet failed to inform me that the medication he prescribed siginificantly elevates the risk of breast cancer (a fact that had been known 7 years prior). That's gross negligence causing bodily harm. And lack of informed consent. His license should be revoked. It would have been in any civilized country.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2012

Caring, kind, knowledgeable, perceptive, easy to talk to. I trust him.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2012

Dr. Michael Gaudet's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Michael shame on you for not telling people that some medication may just not work for them Though patience need to also realize that you do need to take t..."

February 3, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wonderful, caring, knowledgable, non judgemental, actually listens and encourages participation of decision making re medications and treatment choices. I can'..."

September 27, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I went through 2 or 3 bouts of major depression. Dr. Gaudet was there when I needed him."

September 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I write from the perspective of both a patient and a physician ( one of many doctors in Dr. Gaudet's practice), who has also had the pleasure of hearing him lec..."

April 14, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "i gave him 5 star rating because the system would not accept anything but 5s at that time; in other words the system was rigged at the time to accept 5s only; i..."

March 22, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Gaudet over two years ago. He prescribed a medication for my condition that made me feel generally unwell. I realize that this can happen to any perso..."

December 19, 2014
  • Accepting New Patients changed to "N"

August 20, 2013