Ratings for Dr. Michael Gaudet

Dr Gaudet is a phenomenal doctor. He is very knowledgeable, attentive, and really cares about his patients. He has helped me get my life back together and continues to be extremely supportive and committed. I am lucky to have him as my psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

I`m sorry to say that he has a habit on NOT returning phone calls. You may be desperate but NO he still doesn`t call. You are left to wonder WHY! No explanations. Very disappointed.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

To people who think they know everything: the medication Gaudet put me on had been demonstrated to double the risk of breast cancer - it was demonstrated 7 years prior that it had a genotoxic effect ie it damaged DNA and damaged DNA is cancer. No, it was not my responsibility to find out about medication (especially since it was prescribed at the time when internet was not available and it was not my responsibility to go to medical school to find out what effects this medication had - that's what doctors are for). It was gaudet's responsibility under the rules of professional conduct to fully explain what side effects this medication was demonstrated to have. This is called informed consent ie. the patient needs to have full information to make an informed decision as to whether or not to take this medication. This was denied to me.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Dr. Gaudet is extremely knowledgable, professional, and attentive. He approached my problem in a systemic and thorough manner, and carefully explained all treatment options with relevant risks and benefits. He is courteous, kind, and very engaged in getting you back to health. I have received excellent care, and am extremely thankful for the help in regaining my life.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

Dr. Michael shame on you for not telling people that some medication may just not work for them Though patience need to also realize that you do need to take the medication for at least 3-4 months. To the lady that was lead to believe that her medication had a significant cause of breast cancer. It was probably a very low percentage and that is why he did not mention it though as a patient it is your responsibility as well you're due diligence to read all about your meds and ask questions stop, and take ownership.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

Wonderful, caring, knowledgable, non judgemental, actually listens and encourages participation of decision making re medications and treatment choices. I can't say enough for our luck in having this doctor in our community.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2015

I went through 2 or 3 bouts of major depression. Dr. Gaudet was there when I needed him.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

I write from the perspective of both a patient and a physician ( one of many doctors in Dr. Gaudet's practice), who has also had the pleasure of hearing him lecture at a couple of Continuing Education events. He is a highly regarded teacher and lecturer on psychiatric treatment. His assessment of my condition was thorough and comprehensive, as was his discussion of treatment options. His knowledge is up to date and evidence based ( and he is very familiar with research on treatment risks that has been revised over time). I really appreciated his approach of nicely integrating both medication and non-drug approaches; it would be accurate to describe his treatment as holistic. He is kind and caring, has a genuine warmth, but truly expects you to work on your recovery. He has a terrific capacity to speak frankly and at the same time convey respect, all the while pushing you gently to progress. I am extremely grateful for his help, guidance, and expert treatment.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

i gave him 5 star rating because the system would not accept anything but 5s at that time; in other words the system was rigged at the time to accept 5s only; it should have been clear from my comments that ratings were irrelevant

flag | Submitted March 22, 2015

I saw Dr. Gaudet over two years ago. He prescribed a medication for my condition that made me feel generally unwell. I realize that this can happen to any person - that a medication may not agree with them. I finally, after persisting in taking it for some time (hoping that the positives would eventually outweigh the negatives), went back to my family doctor who switched me to something else that I have tolerated much better. I just attended a Christmas party and ran into one of the top specialists in psychiatric medications in the region (whom I had met previously on other social occasions). During the course of our chat, I learned that the medication Dr. Gaudet prescribed for me is not considered a ‘first choice’ medication for the treatment of my condition. This upset me given that I felt unwell needlessly for quite a period of time. While I don’t feel anywhere near as strongly as the person who posted comments in October, 2012 (and why they gave him a five star rating is beyond me given that they felt his licence should be revoked?), I don’t feel he rates five stars. He seems like a nice person but I feel he should have known better than to prescribe what he did for me.

Submitted December 19, 2014