Ratings for Dr. Paul Chan

Hey, I notice a LOT of people are angry because of "long wait times". Yes there are long wait times I admit I have waited for an hour and a half before. But he's a great doctor and gives you a lot of care. I don't like his staff though. His staff are quite rude and useless. But great doctor. Long wait but amazing doctor. Be patient people

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Chan for 9 years, he seems pretty professional and patient. I think he is quite knowledgable and knows what he is doing however I really hated his previous receiptionist. She is very rude, unfriendly and unprofessional. I got pregnant in 2013 and got a call from the previous receptionist, I was referred to another famous Chinese ob however I was informed to pay for $400 cash in the front. I simply asked why I need to pay for that since I'm citizen however she gave me lot of bs. Then she told me it's for my abortion. I was shocked, I said I was looking for an ob, then she did not even apologize but told me would call me to confirm then just hang up on me. I'm thinking she is a true b lady who has no brain but acts very rude and unpreofesional. I recently visited Dr.Chan, I saw there is a new receiptionsit, she is quite friendly but to be honest, quite useless. I went to see him then was sent to have a lab test however it's been a week I still did not get any phone calls from them so I called in. She then booked me for an appointment. To me I don't understand as a patient why do I need to call in for booking an appointment but not having your following up? The waiting is super long. I'm not kidding I waited 2 and half hour from last visit which was a week ago. I don't know why but it's pretty nonsense to me. All in all I like Dr. Chan but definitely there's a lot that his office system needs to improve.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

I have stopped going because of extremely long waits I have waited up to 2 1/2 hours for a scheduled appointment I have looked at the appointment book when they're scheduling me in for a repeat visit and noticed that they are double booking according to the Ontario health guidelines that is why you were always going to wait for your appointment as somebody who works for a living my time is also precious to me and my family if it was one time that they were late because of emergency totally understandable but just because you overbook to make everybody wait is very unprofessional and I can no longer tolerate this unprofessionalism and his old office it was disgustingly dirty as equipment beds examination table's carpets and chairs nothing was clean it was totally disgusting I have not been to his new office is just trying to getting an appointment is ridiculous I have walk to walk in clinic and got great service and in and out in 20 minutes

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

He's great if you make it into his exam room. He does not rush you, explain things thoroughly. However he does not offer alternatives or choice when referring to specialists and the wait times are horrendous- over an hour on average. What's the point of making an appointment?

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Those who are saying that him and the rest of the staff don't care for anything but the money they make, I can say first hand that they are very wrong. My kids love all of the staff there, and I've been with Chan since I was a baby. Everyone in my family goes to him because of how good he is, how caring, the wait can be long yes but if you're one of his regulars you'll completely understand why. He is the furthest thing from money hungry, that I can swear to. He takes a lot of time with each patient, doesn't leave the room unless the patient is done with the appointment. The reseptionist are amazing, not only do they get to know the patients but my kids love them, expecually my daughter because they always bring her behind the desk so she can sit with them and colour. He has helped me through times that not even my family could and not just as a doctor but a caring human being. He is no longer accepting new patients, he is getting older so it's understandable but he also has a great deal of loyal patients. There is a reason why the majority of reviews are good ones.. the people who say mean things are usually mean people through and through. Commenting on how someone sounds and looks as a review of skill is just ridiculous and obviously I am really glad you didn't like it there because I wouldn't want to be caught dead in there at the same time as you.. I like the positive happy vibe I get there and you'd just ruin it. 😂

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

These three bad ratings beneath mine are so stupid. I have been going to doctor Chan's for three years and he's great!! Wait times may be long but he always takes his time with patients and doesn't think about money at all! The wait time is long BECAUSE he takes time with patients! DUH

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

Money is always on this guy's mind. Dr. Chan likes patients who have long-term health conditions A.K.A. patients he can make money off of for a long time. He doesn't just see you as a patient; he sees you as money to be made off of. Dr. Chan is not always tactful – he's blunt. It's always a displeasure to call his current receptionist. She has resting b*tch face & voice – sounds irritated all the time. Dr. Chan's office will have to replace the receptionist if he wants its reputation to improve.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

These reviews are all false. He is the worsy doctor in Scarborough. It takes an hour of waiting after your scheduled appointment time. I was scheduled for 3:30pm and I saw the doctor at 4:45pm. Ridiculous. He is not patient and he does not care. His staff is horrible and his staff is also hard to communicate with.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

I find it hard to believe that all these positive ratings are true to their words. He is unprofessional and his wife is the exact same. His secretary doesn't give correct information and sends you around in a circle. It's a good thing he isn't accepting new patients. People should go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

Great doctor!! Very patient and understanding and knowledgable. Yes wait time can be awhile but his staff is very friendly and compassionate as well. Been seeing Dr Chan for about ten years and I wouldn't go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016