Ratings for Dr. Marianne Belau

Dr Belau, should never be in the palliative field. She has no compassion, do not know how to deal with the family of a sick family member. Please remove her from the list of palliative Dr's in barrie or if you have a choice do not take her on as your palliative Dr. you will be very disappointed and she treats the patient awful.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

Dr. Marianne Belau has given me excellent health care as my physician, she has been my physician for 17 years. I trust her with many other areas of my health. I wouldn't want any other physician taking care of all my health needs. I have only good things to say about her. She is a great person as well. Laura my nurse is the best she takes very good care in what she does for me. Laurie the receptionist is very busy and I don't think I can do her job. Thank you Laurie for your help when I call.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

Dr Beleau is a fantastic doctor. She does take time to listen. 15 mins to speak and talk you is plenty of time to get to the matter at hand. The office posts the limit so they can see all their patience . \if you need more time book it. and when the staff ask what it is concerning tell them so they know how much time to book. If you are there for results, maybe 15 mins. If you need to have a physical they will allow for the extra time. They ask so they can schedule other patience around your needs. and not to keep everyone waiting. She is not there to be your friend but to take care of your health.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2015

We have been seeing Dr Belau for 16 years and although agree she is not warm and fuzzy, she is a good doctor. Very helpful and ALWAYS on time!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

I met Dr Belau when I was 14. Nervous about my first physical, she was calm, caring and despite what I am hearing she took the time to listen. I've struggled with depression and physical health issues and every time I see her she treats me well. Due to anxiety, it's rare to find somebody that doesn't set it off. Dr Belau is considerate and I'd never wish for another doctor. The woman at the front desk can be testy though.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

We have been patients of Dr Belau for 14 yrs. I agree with previous comments that she is not warm and fuzzy but I do however her to be professional. The staff on the other hand are horrid. The nurse is especially rude. I was told that an ultrasound I had was clear only to find out 4 months later that it wasn't. The nurse practioner is very nice. Dr Collin's is friendly however I don't usually book with her unless I have no choice or I have 2-3 hrs to blow

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

Dr Belau may not have the warmest personality but when she is in the office we rarely have to wait past our appointment time and has been bang on diagnosing every concern my family and I have brought her. The two girls working the front are amazing to deal with and put up with an obscene amount of crap from a lot of the people that posted before me I do have to agree that the nurse is an awful person to deal with but thankfully she is not the reason I go there I put a 4 down for punctuality because of her replacement doctor dr Collins she does have a warm personality and gives her patients lots of time unfortunately it always puts her behind schedule and wait times skyrocket we need to remember why we go to the doctor and its not to make friends with the person in the white coat

flag | Submitted May 14, 2013

She is a great doctor. People are complaining because she does not give them time. It is posted all over the office of the rules. Eg. 15 minutes to discuss 2 concerns. When she is away, I have had to wait to see the fill in doctor 2 and 1/2 hours after my 9:45 a.m appointment. She like the rest of us is doing her JOB,she is not there to make friends. She has more people than just you.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2012

Dr. Belau is very cold. You definately do not get the warm and fuzzies from her AT ALL. My family and I have been going to her for years, and would love to have a different doctor. We usually wait for her to go on vacation to get Dr. Collins who is very kind, and gives you the time you need and deserve. They have misplaced test results. I got a call 4 months after my tests were completed that I had a condition, and when I asked why it took so long to notify me, they then tried to blame it on the lab, but when I went into the office, I was informed that they had actually misfiled it. This was a tad bit concerning, especially considering that you only get a call if something is wrong with your results these days. They should have it like it used to be that you could call for your results, at least the patient has the comfort of knowing that the results were actually received and read!! There is no communication with the doctor at all.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2012

She has been my doctor and my children's doctor for 11 years. She doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. No bedside manner. I don't know about you, but I'd like it if my doctor had some type of personality, smiled even when I was there on an appt. If I could get in with another doctor, I would, but with the shortage, I have no choice. It takes forever to get through on the phone as they only answer the phone on certain days at certain hours. I can never get in to see her if it's an emergency and instead have to spend 3-4 hours at a clinic. I once waited an hour and 45 minutes to be seen (with an appt.)...I thought they had forgotten about me and had to remind them I was still there in the examining room waiting!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2011