You may also like

Rate Dr. Lorne Warneke

Dr. Lorne Warneke's Ratings

Dr. Lorne Warneke saved my life. I was diagnosed with treatment resistant OCD which was debilitating. His knowledge, kindness and persistance was amazing. He consulted with my Calgary doctors and spent countless hours in directing my treatment. I can't say enough to express my admiration and gratitude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2893347].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2015

Had to wait 1&1/2 years to see him, any knowledge he had, any Psychologist could say the same thing, at the end session he says Oh, by the way he has OCD here are some pills. No explanation of what OCD is, no psychotherapy

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2892255].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2015

I recently had my last meeting with Dr Warneke. He did say that if I ever needed to see him again, just to phone. Words cannot describe what he did for me. He and his front office staff literally saved my life. I found him t.o be compassionate, caring and so knowledgeable. My life is so much more meaningful since my first meeting with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2781707].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2015

Not to repeat on everything previously posted, but Dr. Warneke is the most amazing mental doctor I've ever seen. I have had the worst experiences with psychiatrists, and generally anyone I can talk to says that any psychiatrist they've been to is dismissive, cold, and too objective. But Dr. Warneke and his staff are an amazing group of mental health professionals. I am an FTM transsexual and although it took me a year and a half to get my first appointment (I was 17), I started the medical process of transitioning within 3 months of seeing Dr. Warneke.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2563350].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

I'm a Male To Female Trans, I had my Appointment with Dr. Warneke September of 2014, They are all really Amazing People, Initially My expectations were low before i got there but later found out that they really Understood me and were flexible with me on how i wanted to do my Transition from male to female. Anyway's they got me started on my Journey and for that I am thankful they really did their part to help me and they should get recognized for how they Handle G.I.D. They will stop at nothing Until you have Obtained your goal. They clearly Amazing Doctors his team and his self. 5 star!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2545046].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2014

I met with Dr. Warneke and his right-hand nurse, Simone, again on July 24 2014. They spent more time with my wife and myself than I would ever have imagined. Their patience and understanding are beyond price to me. I said in my previous comment that they are wanderful people. I meant, of course, that they are wonderful, and I will say it again: as far as I am concerned, they are wonderful people. I love them all at the G.I.D. Clinic.
Mitzi-Lynne Morgan.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2467792].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2014

As a M to F transgender, I was referred to Dr. Warneke, told it would be 2014 but I got an appointment in December 2013. I was a bit late (waiting for a bus) but it was O.K. I saw Dr. Joe Raiche, Dr Warneke's associate, for two hours, then spent over 30 minutes with Dr. Warneke. I had high hopes but low expectations, but I need not have worried. They were wonderful! Even my hopes were exceeded and I have been walking on air ever since. When I refer to Dr. Warneke, Dr. Raiche is in there also. They have officially started me on my journey and I know so much more about where I am going. It was a great experience. There are naysayers everywhere,probably Mother Teresa had some, too, and maybe they have reason, but December 9 2013 was a new start for me, and no-one can take that away, no matter what else happens. They are wanderful people. Written by Mitzi-Lynne Morgan, in gratitude. Thank you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1277299].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2013

Dr. Warneke helped my boyfriend who moved from Alberta through email. He had been treating him for years, and even helped him to get on the correct medication by emailing his opinion, saving his life. Excellent, caring individual.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1277315].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2013

He had me on all these different drugs in the 1980s-90s. and all these years later my kidneys are failing. I have diabetes and and still mental issues. And I am a total mess now. Thanks for nothing Warneke. And it is true you are lucky to see him twice a year unless you are in that hospital domain of his.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1277316].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2013

Seen years ago at Grey Nun's. Very dismissive with unprofessional demeanor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1277314].votes_count ]]