You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Lorne Warneke

Dr. Warneke is a gift among physicians. I have extremely severe panic disorder that was completely out of control and came very close to destroying my life. Sadly it took me over 5 years of ignorant psychiatrists who helped worsen my condition, to find this wonderful man who took my case immediately and ended up saving my life. He is extremely caring, knowlegeable, available, and giving, and I just cannot say enough good things about him, he is a compassionate consumate professional who has always been there for me day or night. I pray he never retires as I have no idea what I would do without him. I drive over 10 hours round trip to see him, and only wish I was aware of him when I was first diagnosed. Renee - Lethbridge

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

I've been waiting for 3 years for an appointment. I call often. And the main secretary is always insanely rude over the phone. I've heard good things about him but his staff is terrible. She won't even tell me a rough time that I'll finally get my appointment.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

Dr. Lorne Warneke saved my life. I was diagnosed with treatment resistant OCD which was debilitating. His knowledge, kindness and persistance was amazing. He consulted with my Calgary doctors and spent countless hours in directing my treatment. I can't say enough to express my admiration and gratitude.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

Had to wait 1&1/2 years to see him, any knowledge he had, any Psychologist could say the same thing, at the end session he says Oh, by the way he has OCD here are some pills. No explanation of what OCD is, no psychotherapy

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

I recently had my last meeting with Dr Warneke. He did say that if I ever needed to see him again, just to phone. Words cannot describe what he did for me. He and his front office staff literally saved my life. I found him t.o be compassionate, caring and so knowledgeable. My life is so much more meaningful since my first meeting with him.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

Not to repeat on everything previously posted, but Dr. Warneke is the most amazing mental doctor I've ever seen. I have had the worst experiences with psychiatrists, and generally anyone I can talk to says that any psychiatrist they've been to is dismissive, cold, and too objective. But Dr. Warneke and his staff are an amazing group of mental health professionals. I am an FTM transsexual and although it took me a year and a half to get my first appointment (I was 17), I started the medical process of transitioning within 3 months of seeing Dr. Warneke.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

I'm a Male To Female Trans, I had my Appointment with Dr. Warneke September of 2014, They are all really Amazing People, Initially My expectations were low before i got there but later found out that they really Understood me and were flexible with me on how i wanted to do my Transition from male to female. Anyway's they got me started on my Journey and for that I am thankful they really did their part to help me and they should get recognized for how they Handle G.I.D. They will stop at nothing Until you have Obtained your goal. They clearly Amazing Doctors his team and his self. 5 star!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2014

I met with Dr. Warneke and his right-hand nurse, Simone, again on July 24 2014. They spent more time with my wife and myself than I would ever have imagined. Their patience and understanding are beyond price to me. I said in my previous comment that they are wanderful people. I meant, of course, that they are wonderful, and I will say it again: as far as I am concerned, they are wonderful people. I love them all at the G.I.D. Clinic. Mitzi-Lynne Morgan.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

As a M to F transgender, I was referred to Dr. Warneke, told it would be 2014 but I got an appointment in December 2013. I was a bit late (waiting for a bus) but it was O.K. I saw Dr. Joe Raiche, Dr Warneke's associate, for two hours, then spent over 30 minutes with Dr. Warneke. I had high hopes but low expectations, but I need not have worried. They were wonderful! Even my hopes were exceeded and I have been walking on air ever since. When I refer to Dr. Warneke, Dr. Raiche is in there also. They have officially started me on my journey and I know so much more about where I am going. It was a great experience. There are naysayers everywhere,probably Mother Teresa had some, too, and maybe they have reason, but December 9 2013 was a new start for me, and no-one can take that away, no matter what else happens. They are wanderful people. Written by Mitzi-Lynne Morgan, in gratitude. Thank you.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2013

Dr. Warneke helped my boyfriend who moved from Alberta through email. He had been treating him for years, and even helped him to get on the correct medication by emailing his opinion, saving his life. Excellent, caring individual.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

Dr. Lorne Warneke's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Warneke is a gift among physicians. I have extremely severe panic disorder that was completely out of control and came very close to destroying my life. S..."

March 30, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I've been waiting for 3 years for an appointment. I call often. And the main secretary is always insanely rude over the phone. I've heard good things about hi..."

February 16, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Lorne Warneke saved my life. I was diagnosed with treatment resistant OCD which was debilitating. His knowledge, kindness and persistance was amazing. He co..."

August 12, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Had to wait 1&1/2 years to see him, any knowledge he had, any Psychologist could say the same thing, at the end session he says Oh, by the way he has OCD here a..."

August 11, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "T5A0" to "T6K 4C1". Address has been updated from "None" to "None 2915 66 St NW". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17804509450".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I recently had my last meeting with Dr Warneke. He did say that if I ever needed to see him again, just to phone. Words cannot describe what he did for me. He a..."

April 18, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Not to repeat on everything previously posted, but Dr. Warneke is the most amazing mental doctor I've ever seen. I have had the worst experiences with psychiatr..."

October 3, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I'm a Male To Female Trans, I had my Appointment with Dr. Warneke September of 2014, They are all really Amazing People, Initially My expectations were low bef..."

September 21, 2014