Ratings for Dr. Robert Irvine

I was diagnosed with parotid neoplasm. Dr. Irvine suggested a surgery to find out what the mass is, because biopsy, ultrasound or CT scan cannot identify what it is. He was very caring, helpful, knowledgable and calm to explain all the risks of having a surgery verses not having one. Being my first surgery, he was patient to meet with me a few times to guide me to make the decision. He even referred me to another ENT surgeon because I'd like a second opinion. The surgery was very successful. He has done a super nice job. Miraculously I did not experience any pain after the surgery. I don’t even need to take any pain killer. He followed up with me afterwards to check the healing of the scar. It is healing very nicely. I’m off to a good road of recovery thanks to the excellent professionalism of Dr. Irvine and his team. I have complete faith and trust in them. His reception Carol is also a very helpful and patient.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

First let me start off by saying; His receptionist was very kind, understanding and helpful. Very nice lady. Now let's move on to Dr. Irvine. Below average Doctor. How he managed to garner such praise is beyond me? I've had a blocked right ear for 7 years due to an under functioning eustachian tube. I've had four tubes over 6 years put through my eardrum. This is not only painful, it only lasts about 9 months and then I have to wait another 8 months to get another one. During the wait periods, I'm right back where I started. Seems all that Dr. Irvine can offer is a prescription for antihistamine's? Are you kidding me? So, for the next 40 years of my life I'm to introduce antihistamines as part of my daily health regimen? I waited 6 months to get in to see him because of these reviews and that's all he has to say? What a disappointment and just another fine example of our failing Health System here in Vancouver. I'll look for another ENT that will take the time to tell me exactly what my options are.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

One of the best ENTs in Vancouver? I think not. He did not explore any possibilities to assist with my condition, in fact he told me that 'these things happen' and there was no need for me to make a follow up with him. He also told me that this pain could be permanent, which has caused me much anxiety over the past 4 months. It was my dentist who advised me to see an oral surgeon and after an MRI, I finally have an answer and a much needed path to recovery. No thanks to this doctor.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

Dr. Irvine is the most wonderful doctor. He is very professional, knowledgeabe. caring, and dedicated. He clearly presented all the possibilities of my condition and options for surgery. I'm very lucky to have met him.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2016

Excellent surgeon, very knowledgeable, dedicated and caring, calm and attentive.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

I had a complete thyroidectomy in 2011 by Dr Irvine. I was terrified of having the surgery. He is the nicest doctor I have ever met with. Very calm and patient with answering all my questions and providing me with information to make the surgery decision. I saw him ongoing for several years prior to the surgery. After surgery, at the hospital, the nursing staff had nothing but nice things to say about him. He followed up with me and kept me in the hospital to monitor my Ca levels. My scar has healed very nicely and is barely noticeable. No complications with my surgery. My whole experience with Dr Irvine was great. Carole, his receptionist, was always pleasant and helpful.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

Dr. Irvine is an excellent Doctor. I was very nervous about my surgery and he helped make me feel safe and was available to me not only right after the procedure but for the following weeks as well.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

This doctor is dedicated and caring. He does not rush you out. My family doctor tells me he is the one other doctors send their family too. I believe it.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2016

Dr Irvine is the most wonderful doctor! Treated like a person rather than a number. Not only is he kind, patient, interested, and attentive, but clearly has a wealth of knowledge. He clearly presented all the possibilities of my condition and options for surgery as well as taking as much time as was necessary to make sure I was at ease and all my questions were answered. After my surgery he kindly checked up on me a couple of times to ensure I was feeling okay. Just visited him today for my follow up and was sad that I won't see him again! Currently a social science student, I'm for the first time in my life entertaining the idea of going into medicine as a result of this positive experience.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

An awesome doctor. Both him and his nurse. I had all my concerns met. I'm lucky to have met him.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015