Ratings for Dr. Julie Mickelson

I love her, she is a great doctor. If I have another baby Dr. Mickelson will definitely be my Obgyn again... Highly recommend!!!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

It seemed like she didnt know any answers to questions I would ask, she would tell me her nurses will take care of it. She also took a month vacation which happened to be the month of my due date and no one told me until 2 weeks before she left. I would not recommend her or Colombia ST Mary's

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Very good bedside manners. Makes patients feel comfortable asking questions and not rushed. Wait time was never long and was very accommodating with schedule

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

Her bedside manner is subpar. I felt like she forces her beliefs on her patients and is judgemental. She refuses to prescribe birth control. I am a nurse so I know an all around great physican when I see one. Her nursing staff was great, it seemed like they tried to fill me in on what was going on and give me information the physician failed to give. I also question whether the medicine she practices is current. I wouldn't recommend her at all.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2014

I felt that Dr. Mickelson had a very - as stated in a previous review - abrasive personality. I was looking for a doctor with "bedside manners" to listen to some concerns that I had, and Dr. Mickelson was not it. She gave me her opinion but never offered any reasons behind her opinion and wasn't incredibly open to questions either. I felt like I wasn't being listened to. I ultimately went to another OBGYN who I felt like did a much better job at addressing my concerns. It was a night and day difference between her and Dr. Mickelson.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

She delivered two of my kids and three of my sisters. she is great with questions and speaks spanish if needed.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013

Pros: Understands NFP and does not prescribe Birth Control. Stands by her beliefs. Good nursing staff. Cons: Has abbrasive personality. I didn't feel as though I was being listened to. Poor communication. I question her understanding of current health practices and will no longer see her.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2011

Very good doctor.... Wud recommend her for any1 searching for a friendly,knowledgable,understanding,experiencedand overall a good physician!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2011

Dr. Julie Mickelson's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1992)