Ratings for Dr. Harold Silver

I had rhinoplasty done in 1993 by Dr. Silver. I had a bone spur develop post-op, which I returned to have removed after one year from the original surgery. His receptionist told me that it was a simple, quick and easy procedure equating it to filing the nail on your baby finger. The procedure was far from that, it was painful and invasive. I realized afterwards that his aggressive and extensive filing on my nose completely ruined the results of the first surgery. Along with a collapsed nose valve, I have suffered with chronic sinus and facial pain and difficulty breathing through the left nostril. I wish I would have listened to my mom at that time, she told me that it would not go well if I returned to him...she was right. I blamed myself over these last 24 years for not leaving well enough alone. After reading other posts, I know that I was not to blame, the damaging outcome of the 2nd procedure was due to the God like complex and lack of moral and ethical responsibility of this surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Dr. Silver did several surgeries for me I was referred to him by another doctor who performed constructive surgery on my face following an auto accident. I was extremely grateful for his work and remain so 20 years after. He retired . I may be the exception but I thought I should tell of my experience. As a post script, I went to him for his ability as a doctor and his personality was not an issue for me . I understand how abrasive comments may not generate confidence.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

This doctor performed rhinoplasty on me in about 1995 and had to re-do the surgery. The way he behaved and the manner in which he did the surgery was terrible and caused me many years of unhappiness. I have not looked him up in the College of Physicians and Surgeons until 2015, and I am very pleased to see he resigned in the Fall of 2014.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

I worked as an OR Nurse for him many years ago. He and his wife both put me Into a very unprofessional and compromising position. I could have lost my License if I had not protested. His manner was arrogant and abrupt. There were several questionable and unethical surgeries which I kept quiet about. I was too young and nervous to report anything.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

I am shocked that Dr. Silver is still practising medicine. I had a brow lift done by him almost 10 years ago and suffered permanent hair loss as a result. When I raised concerns, he was rude and unhelpful. The effects were so serious that I complained to the College of Physicians and Surgeons. A full investigation was done and he was disciplined, but still allowed to practice medicine. I would like warn others against using Dr. Silver.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

I had rhinoplasty done back in 2005 by Dr. Silver and have regretted it since then. The night of my surgery one of my stitches fell out, when I called him he told me to ignore it and its be fine. I can't say exactly if the stitch coming out is to blame, but my nose looks like its twisted to the right at the bottom, mainly because tip of my nose has caved in on the right side. When I went to see him he told me that it's my fault because my nostrils are two different sizes and he can't do anything about it....and he literally shoved me out of his office. I dont quite understand what the purpose of my rhinoplasty was if he didn't bother to fix my nostrils. My nose looks worse then it did before surgery (I swear Im not exaggerating). I have gone to see another doctor for reconstructive rhinoplasty but thats another $6000-7000 and he said it would be a pretty big risk. I've looked into getting fillers where my nose has caved in but thats just a temporary fix.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2014

I had the "three day facelift" in 2008, and had many complications: lots of swelling - so bad that it "popped" the stitches in front of my right ear the second afternoon (when I got home from an overnight at the Royal York Hotel) I had to return to have them repaired (done with local freezing - not pleasant)I also had a lot of bruising. Post-surgery, my ears were both pulled forward, and my earlobes were almost gone. Lots of scarring (and I normally heal very well) All in all, a horrendous experience.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2013

I went to Dr. Silver for a chin implant and neck liposuction. After the healing process had finished, there was no change and the implant had been put in wrongly. It was too low. He claimed it slipped. I went back and had the procedure again and had the same results. Very unhappy. After the first procedure, Dr. Silver instructed me that they had taken blood when I was under anesthesia because the anesthesiologist had cut himself and wanted to test me for HIV. This is illegal. This whole thing was a terrible ordeal.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

Dr. Silver performed a facelift on me more than 20 years ago. He created a small area of fat under my chin, which must be his signature style since he has the same area under his chin. The liposuction that he performed was lopsided and a follow up liposuction did not correct the problem to my satisfaction. He also attached my ear lobes to my head, which created two different ears - one was longer than the other and the lobes were different. He attempted to correct the problem by lowering the ear lobe on my right ear, which did not work. I was left with two different sizes of ears and lobes, which I have had to cover up with my hair ever since the operation. He is unprofessional, and his bullying attitude was apparent to me when I asked him how the first surgery went, I will never forget his words to me: "What do you think I would say- that I f***ed up?" Would never use his services again and would not recommend him to anyone!He's a ****!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

I had a nose job and 13 years ago and still feel the same way as I did before surgery...unhappy! I am not impressed by his work. He was at that time a very well known surgeon and I paid top dollars. I am now looking for a surgeon who will correct his work. He should have retired a long time ago...

flag | Submitted January 22, 2013