Ratings for Dr. RAGHAV R. Gupta

My problem with this doctor is not so much with him as it is his staff. Dr. Gupta is your average ophthalmologist. His staff on the otherhand are nonresponsive and rude. They overcharged me and refused to reimburse my money even after they received an EOB. Dr. Gupta's staff said they couldn't reimburse until and if Dr. Gupta approved it regardless of what my insurance said I should pay out of pocket. It took me having to contact our insurance company to have them intervene in order to get my money back. They have overcharged me every single time I have seen Dr. Gupta. For this main reason, I give his whole practice a low rating.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2010

Dr. Raj Gupta runs an extremely unethical practice. I had gone in to have my eyes examined because I had an emergency. He recommended that I get a new prescription and I did using his technician. The first time I went in, they sent me away because they didn't have someone to do a proper prescription. The second time I went in, they gave me my prescription and I had glasses made shortly after that. The glasses prescription was wrong and the place I ordered from only gave me a 50% refund (which was their policy). When I called Dr. Gupta's office, they did not return my calls. I was calling nearly every day waiting for a response. I finally called one day, and his receptionist, who recognized me, told me to go ahead and call his cell number. I called his cell number and he was so mean and cold- telling me it was inappropriate to call him. I asked him what my alternative was? I had been ignored for weeks. He was extremely rude and extremely unprofessional.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2010

Dr. RAGHAV R. Gupta's Credentials

• Hindi

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1997)