Ratings for Dr. Doug Campbell

I brought my daughter to see him when she was very young and she came out with bruising around her eye and her eye was swollen shut. This guy shouldn't be anything especially a child dentist. Should of figured this wasn't a good place to bring my daughter when the staff used to yell out the crying girl is back when we walked in. Also couldn't figure out why she would cry so much until she finally told me what happened. Should of went back to knock his teeth out seeing how he is a dentist. Don't understand how this guy is still in business.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

I saw Dr. Campbell as a child and have significant, ongoing fear of dentists as a result. I would recommend taking your child to any other dentist in town. The fact that he won't let you be in the room with your child should tell you everything you need to know.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

I was worried about bringing my daughter here because of the reviews but Dr campbell was so great. Very kind and comforting when I was worried. He treated my daughter great!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Terrible doctor so rude, and no helper at all.. just money grave. Th appointment with him is about 8 minutes maximum, he's quick and so angry person

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Dr. Campbell was my dentist when I was a child and I remember him being just the best! He was always gentle and explained everything that was happening to me and my mother. I saw him until I was 18 and I'm sad I had to find a new dentist being an adult and all now. I plan on taking my baby there as soon as he gets teeth as well.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

I first took my sons to Dr. Campbell 24 years ago ... he explained proper cleaning and brush the children's teeth for them until they are at least 8 years old ....especially after sweets and acidic foods ...I was always invited to sit in the examining room during the examination /cleaning ... Dr. Campbell gave great advice and my sons teeth are healthy and cavity free... Dr. Campbell is a kind man and has seen many children that have unhealthy cavity filled teeth ... (only because the parents did not help clean their teeth on a regular basis ) I remember he looked sad on one of our dental visits ....how would anyone feel if you just saw an 18 month old have rotting teeth caused from poor hygiene bottle mouth?! Dr. Campbell is a professional dentist that I would reccomennd .... start taking your child to a dentist early and ask questions ... then clean your child's teeth.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

Nightmare! Do not go here, ever! Seriously awful dentist. He won't even allow a parent into the area while working on their young child. Massive warning bells go off then! Total nut -should be retired, but too greedy! Ugh!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

I'm not one to write reviews, but I came across this site when I was trying to find Dr. Campbell's phone number.. I was worried, and I can't comment on anyone else's experience, but I had a good feeling about him, and I'm glad we went! Had my 5 year old daughter in to Dr.Campbell last week for conscience sedation to get two caps. It went really well. We were in and out in less than 30 minutes and she didn't shed a tear while we were there. As soon as she saw us though she started to tear up, so I really think us not being in the room was best. Dr.Campbell was quite clear about how he liked to practice and didn't push anything on us. His charges seemed quite in line with any similar dental work, I felt it was definitely fair for similar work I've gotten at other dentists. I think it really helped to prepare my daughter well for the situation ahead of time. I told my daughter I couldn't go in the room even if there was crying and explained what every step would feel like, and it worked great... lol, she's a little upset she didn't get to see the 'funny man with the beard' she doesn't even remember him being there, just the nice ladies who 'painted her teeth'?? (he was there, I shook his hand to say thanks!) The next day her brother got a filling and she bragged about it not hurting even a bit because they put magic jelly on your gums...I'm not sure how much is true, but I'm quite happy with how things went and don't think we could expect much better!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2016

excelent professional, caring and lots of knowledge

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

I used to go to this dentist as a child and am so thankful for adult dentists because it was the worst experience of my life. I was traumatized as a child from this dentist, and now I have no problem going because I realize dentists aren't supposed to be traumatizing. I used to dance as a young girl and was very skinny, the dental assistant accused me of being 'bulimic' and told me I needed to get help. Then she proceeded to tell my mom that I was bulimic and my mom told her I was not, but she refused to believe the both of us. The staff is very unprofessional and I would never recommend brining a child here. Dr. Campbell is nice, but the rest of the place is awful. People who have no patience with children should not be working at his place . I highly encourage bringing your child somewhere else so they are not terrified of going to the dentist every single time like I was.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016