Ratings for Dr. Albert K. Bartko

I made an appointment for 2pm, was told to get the 30 minutes early to fill out paperwork, so I did (paperwork took about 8 minutes). After waiting for 2 hours in the waiting room's uncomfortable chairs, I was taken to an exam room around 3:30. (While I was in the waiting room I talked to several others who had been waiting for hours after their appointment time as well. ) Around 4:15 I wandered out in the hall visibly upset, having been there almost 3 hours, and I was in a lot of pain (sitting for more than 30 minutes in a chair without neck support causes extreme pain). Finally around 4:30 he comes in, and I explain to him that waiting for 3 hours is not acceptable. He told me that it is not his fault nor his responsibility- that I was the one with a problem. He then told me that he did not have my records from my referring physician, that were sent to him 4 weeks previously, so there was nothing we could talk about, I'd have to make another appointment. Then, he called me a drug addict, even though I was NOT there for drugs (and do not take drugs). I was there to consult on getting a specific nerve block procedure that I had done previously in another city, but it was time for it to be redone. I was looking for someone who could perform the procedure locally. Needless to say, I left, after losing 1/2 day's pay and now have to start the process all over with another practice.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

I was a patient of Dr. Bartko's over 10 years ago. I went to him a first on my own with my insurance plan and he seemed to want to help me. After a few months my injury became a worker's compensatiin injury (I was told my employer to not file a WC claim or I would be fired, after 4 months of horrible pain and disabilty I was not getting better and my Employer fired me anyway so I file a WC claim). When the WC INS. Co. took over, I was sent to Dr. Bartko again and he totally changed his diagnosis claiming I was malingering (making it up). After I got a lawyer I was told by him that Dr. Bartko is in the pocket of WC insurance compaines. He sent me for physical therapy at one point that involed as close as you can get to electrocution without dying. The physical therapist (the Mánager of a very large Sports PT facilita) said he had never used the machine that way and at such a Hugh level. He told me he was afraid to do it but after he spoke to Dr. Bartko over and over, Dr. Bartko insistes to the PT and me that I must do it or he would tell the WC people I was noncompliant allowing the WC INS. Co. to refuse to pay my claim. I finally agreed to do it. The PT made me sign a form saying if I died, I could not hold Dr. Bartko and the PT facility liable. I did this treatment 3 times and screamed the whole time and had burns on my head and neck afterwards. I finally decided that I could'nt do it again. Dr. Bartko told the insurance co. I was noncompliant. They stopped my payments but after I got second, third, forth and fifth opinion from other Doctors stating I was not malingering and the electrocution "treatment" Dr. Bartko was nuts, the WC INS. Co. was ordered to pay my medical bill and pay my back pay. It has been almost 15 years since the accident and the claim was settled 9+ years ago. I am still in horrible pain, disabled and paying myself to see doctors to help me. If I were malingering with nothing wrong as Dr Bartko claimed. I have paid every cent I have for all these years. Unfortunetely, there is nothing to fix the problems, just things (crainial injections, etc) that help a little bit. Beware of Dr. Bartko.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

He is arrogant and a liar. If you do not complete the unnecessary procedures that he wants to do on your body, he will lie and make stuff up! These procedures are not FDA approved. Please beware and keep searching. Suit to follow. Does he care about pain and the patient NO!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

My wife had 2 spinal shots. The first one relieved a lot of the pain, the second shot seemed to bring back part of the pain, she called 1/2 a dozen times trying to make another appointment,as she was instructed to do after her second shot, but she either didn't get answered by a person and left a message with no response from the office, or the person that answered said the office was in the process of moving and didn't have access to her records at the time. This has gone on for at least 3 months. I hope this will get someones attention at there office, very disappointed.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

Felt that total cost for full treatment and services received was extremely high and did not receive treatment discussed and expected.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

I have been a patient for many years. I have struggled with leaving hoping each time I return for an appointment the staff and Dr. Bartko would be professional. In all honesty the only reason I have continued to return was his nurses assistant. She is very thoughtful and will take the time to listen. Dr. Bartko treats eack person like they are addicts. I have had back problems for well over a dedcade, i have never met into a doctor that won't listen to symptoms, concerns, or answer questions. He will tell me I need to do this or that and if I ask why or what the benefits are he will quickly state he isnt here for education. The last time I saw him he was walking out of a patients room and was clearly angry, he made a very rude and disrespectful gesture towards the patients room he was leaving. His nurse and I both looked at him wide eyed that he would actually do something of this nature. By far the worst doctor I have ever seen. Disrespectful and very cold bedside manner.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2013

Dr. Bartko will refer you to the "services" that are offered at his office. I am in the very same profession as him and he still viewed me like a drug addict. If you have minor pain or arthritis he might be able to help you, but if you have spine pain like myself you need to find another doctor who knows what you face on a daily basis. It's very difficult at times but it can get better. Find a doctor who at the very least remembers what you told him the last time you saw him.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2012

I have read a few of these other comments. I have been a patient of this doctor for years. He's likely one of the best professionals in his field and has helped me abundantly. I have had major surgery's on my lower back and would recommend Dr. Bartko as a very good source of information and knowledge. His Advice is First Rate...

flag | Submitted March 5, 2012

Dr. Bartko has help me alleviate my back pain to a tolerable level,without having to prescribe over the top medications. His staff is also very compassionate and caring and are willing to help you too.I feel that he is dedicated to do what he can to relive pain and suffering among his patients.He has never appeared to be rushed,pressured,or stressed and has always taken the time to listen and explains the risk vs the benefits of his treatment plans. It is so nice to have a Dr. who wants to help you instead of wanting to prescribe pills and send you on your way.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

Dr Bartko has been a big help for me. I have been with him and his staff for years. Those girls are great, the get request for me done in a very timely manner. If I need an appointment they get me in there fast. Wait time is not that long and he takes his time with you. If I have to wait I don't mind because I know he is going to take his time with me. He has always been polite and warm with me and other patients that I have seen in the office. I do see patient abusing the staff and the doctor. I assume it is frome someone who is trying to manipulate them into giving them meds they dont need nor use. Again I would recommend Dr Bartko to anyone who is in severe pain and needs help.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2011

Dr. Albert K. Bartko's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)