Ratings for Dr. Herman C. Gore

It's all about the money. It's all about the money.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

Dr. Gore became my Dr. after an injury left me in a great deal of pain and very limited mobility. My injuries made it difficult for me to be a wife, mother, do my job , and take care of my home. Dr. Gore liatened to my concerns, thoroughly assessed my issues, prepared a treatment plan, and kept me informed through it all. The wait for all of my appointments was no longer than any other medical appointment in a successful practice, the staff were always courteous, and I always felt like he was monitoring my care closely.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

This doctor only cares about money. He books 90 or more patients daily for injections. Once you tell Dr. Gore the injections don't work or make things worse, he just throws you out on your own. I made an appointment 2 months in advance as I only wanted to see Dr. Gore as his PA is very hateful and has no sympathy. But, I get a call the day before my appointment saying Dr. Gore can't see me and I will have to see his assistant. That just really angered me as I told the staff when I made my appointment 2 months earlier I didn't want to see the assistant. I will be looking elsewhere for help. Please note, Dr. Gore is very nice when you first see him, but that all changes really quickly.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

I first began seeing Dr. Gore when he was working at the hospital. Over the course of the next 4 years, I had many epidurals. Those steroid are what helped to walk again. I have suffered all of my life with arthritic pain. I have herniated discs as well. I finally got medical coverage. Dr. Gore does book many patients bc he has 3 rooms to evaluate. Then, he moves those patients to procedure rooms. It takes time but is worth it. I needed help with adhesive capsulitis and a herniated disc in my neck. I allowed Dr. Locklear to inject Synvisc into my knees. It was a HUGE mistake! Thank God I had that appt. with Dr. Gore! He drained almost 20 ounces of fluid off my left knee Tues.@6:30PM. He brought me back in this morning to drain my right knee. Due to my PCP's incompetency, the fluid in my right knee was so thick it would not drain. HE IS NOT A PILL PRESCRIBER like many people want. His office is not a revolving pill house like the Docs up the street. If you want quality life, see him!!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

I have known Dr. Gore for more than 12 years. I was referred by Dr. Brian Buzzeo, my Urologist. I have Intertisial Cystitis. Yes, Dr. Gore is very busy. He is a wonderful pain management doctor and very popular.Sometimes, there is s long wait. He see's patients, and does procedures during the same hours.Double booking, name one doctor that doesn't? I've had to cancell more than once minutes of appt. If I let them know, I'm sick, they take me back right away. I see the PA, if I need to see Dr. Gore, yes, I'm going to have to wait. He spends time listening to his patients. He answers my questions, never rushed me. He does have emergencies between patients.I have been one of those more than once. I have to wait to see him, that's fine. He listens to me and discusses other ways to control my pain. I read a comment about 'Greed' try caring. He is very profesonal, but concerned about his patients. He is one of very few wonderful doctors. Try another n C how fast U run back to him.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2014

While I will agree with other commenters that the wait is pretty long to see Dr Gore, I wholeheartedly disagree with folks that had bad things to say about him. I absolutely love this Dr and the patients I speak with while waiting ALL sing his praises.. I have been to see him for spinal injections, I have had quite a few of these in my life from several different doctors, and 3 back surgeries, so i am not new to the process.. I had 2 injections from another local dr that were THE MOST excruciating pain I have ever been in. I cannot begin to explain how much pain you can be put in if a spinal injection is done poorly.. I asked my nuerosurgeon to send me to someone else.. He sent me Dr Gore.. I have had 2 injections from Dr Gore now, and both were completely totally 100% pain free. In fact, even when he said "you might feel a slight twinge" I felt nothing! This Dr is worth the wait time, and I'll never go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2013

Waited 1-2 hours for all 4 appointments I had. Found out he triple books. Elderly and disabled patients were left waiting too. He spend no time with patients because he is in a hurry to the next patient. His staff is friendly but they cover for him.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2013

Worse possible "Dr." you can see for pain or back issues. Just a little man with too much authority. I curse him.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

I had a 10:30 am appointment to have a test performed to find out to what degree I have neurological damage to my legs. After waiting an hour to be seen, and watching several patients who came in after me being called back, I asked how much longer before I would be seen. The receptionist told me at least 30 to 45 more minutes. I told her, my wife has an appointment at 11:45 that I need to take her to, and I need to know how much longer. She got up and went back and asked Dr. Gore's nurse. She came back and told me at least 45 minutes or more! This is unacceptable I told her. To have a scheduled appointment, and to have to wait two hours to be seen, knowing that the doctor has not been called out to perform emergency surgery, is unprofessional and lacks any concern for the patient. Numerous friends and family members of mine refuse to be seen at Dr. Gore and Dr Overton's pain clinic, and now I can see why! Double booked patients, poor communication, and motivated by greed!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2011

Dr. Gore is a very outstanding physician with a very busy practice. He performed several procedures on me in lieu of sending me to a surgeon right off. Eventually, he had to refer me to a neurosurgeon, but only after he used all available means at his disposal to help me without having me go under the knife. His staff of nurses are extremely friendly and compassionate as a nurse should be. The administrative staff are satisfactory but appear to be preoccupied with their own admin issues rather than those of the patients. Dr. Gore treated both my wife and myself like we were VIPs and I would highly recommend him to my family members and closest of friends!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2010

Dr. Herman C. Gore's Credentials

• Hahneman Medical College Of The Pacific (Grad. 1994)

Top Hospitals in Gastonia, NC