Ratings for Dr. Peter J. Hayashida

Staff was wonderful however the procedure the breast reduction procedure used was old school and I've scarred horribly and it's very mishapen.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

I feel luck to have been referred to Dr Hayashida. He is helpful and understanding. Explains everything as he goes along. Tell you not to hesitate to go in to see him if you are in doubt about anything . His receptionist is one in a million. Great team..

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

dr hayashida is a amazing doctor he made me health again after other doctors didnt know what to do

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

I had a breast reduction and it is perfect. After several years now and I am 51 yrs of age and they are just as perfect as can be. I would do it again , only 20 yrs earlier. I could not have asked for a better result. I am so grateful I had the opportunity to have a reduction covered by OHIP and have this plastic surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2016

I had a breast reduction at the age of 18 years old. I had 2.5 pounds removed from each breast. My back used to hurt so much, I had to do surgery. Since I live in Durham region, I was referred to this butcher. Yes, butcher! He is not a doctor, he butchered my breast. When I went to complain why he butchered me and complain how my breast looked horrible he told me he wasn't doing plastic surgery he was removing the fat to reduce my back pain and that it was covered by ohip. I understand he was trying to help reduce my pain. But for him to completely ruin my breast at 18 ruined me. The cuts were uneven, I have a scar that goes right up to my armpits. Even when I wore a bra or bathing suit you can see the cut on one side. And he didn't sow it properly. Even my nipples looked uneven. Anyone I went to after him new this 'doctor' ruined my breast. I'm in my 20's now and ended up getting breast implants only because they were completely butchered. Even the plastic surgeon was shocked and never faced a problem like mine before. I didn't get the implants to make them bigger but to help fix the problem. He told me he couldn't completely fix the problem but will try to reconstruct it. I had to pay $10,000 to fix hayashida's butchering. My recommendation is, go to someone who is considerate with a knife in there hand when they cut you open. Not a butcher who cuts and sows

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

Had a consultation with the doctor was extremely rude, dismissive and condescending. Doesn't bother to hear a patient and I definitely would not recommend him. I think he doesn't know his job and wasn't able to answer my questions effectively. Poor performance

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

I have had a double masectomy, something removed from my face and three different finger surgeries. I found Dr. Hayashida to be a wonderful doctor. He does have a very dry sense of humour but he is very professional. The staff who work with him are very warm and caring. People cannot even see the scar on my face, my fingers move wonderfully and my breast surgery was good. I did have complications but they were not the fault of the Doctor it was my own body's way of dealing with surgery and it has happened with other surgeries and Doctors. I like Dr. Hayashida and recommend him highly. His secretary (Terry) is great as well. Appointments are on time and she is very nice.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013

have had 3 surgeries with Dr H over the past 12 months (tendon repairs...hand/fingers). Could not be happier with results!! Very professional and great results each time!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2012

Had a double mastectomy done in 2004 due to severe fibeocystic disease. The reconstructive surgery was done by him. He personally attempted 10-12 times to fix his screwiups. Have had two major staff infections and had to be on ov antibiotics for several months. The scars are horrid and the **** job has left little room for improvement. Have had to have surgery and additional 8 times so far with two more ahead of me (thin skin wounds open., skin isnt thick enough to hold closed). Had to have my lateral muscle on the left side sliced in half to build up the breast wall on my left side which left a scar from the midde of my back around to my breast. Now need it done to my right side due to another thin skinned scar opening and becoming infected despite proper care! Thank god I found an amazing doctor in the field who is trying his best to fix the ****s job! I should have been referred way sooner than I was and felt I was treated extremely poorly ...stay away from this one!!!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2011

Dr Hayashida was great. He knows what he is talking about and gets down to business. Some people said they dont see him as very personable, but I don't really know what more they wanted. He was friendly and courteous and I didn't feel rushed or uncomfortable to ask any questions. And he always asks you if you have any more questions yourself. He was able to get me in very quickly after the initial consultation. The staff was also very pleasant. I recommend him to anyone. I felt very comfortable during the surgery and it went off very smoothly. He was very concise and the procedure didn't take very long at all because of his experience. Thanks Dr. Hayashida!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2011