Ratings for Dr. Gary L. Smoot

I really appreciated his willingness to take extra time to explain things to me.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

Dr. Smoot is an outstanding doctor who is thorough and has been able to help me on the road to recovery with my back pain over the last year and a half. His nurse Linda is not a nice, she is rude and has a poor bedside manner - I agree with the other post on her. Dr. Smoot would be straight 5 stars if he had a better nurse, he cares about his patients and he helped me when no other doctors could.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2013

We LOVE Dr. Smoot. He's friendly and funny but also very serious about diagnosis and treatment. He very obviously knows what he's talking about. He goes into great detail about the patient's condition to help explain it all. Our only complaint is his assistant, Linda, who has the bedside manner of a prison guard. She's rude, argumentative and defensive when you ask questions. The staff rating would be a 5 if not for her.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

Poor bedside manner. Direct matter of fact style lacking any personal empathy. Need facts but doctor unable to diagnose correctly and after 30 years you think the man could test reflexes correctly. Works for workers comp company not the patient. Dont let him come near you with a needle.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013

I wouldn't give him high marks for his bedside manner. He was pretty short with me and almost accusatory in his tone. He was able to help me identify the source of my pain but couldn't tell me how to resolve it. I doubt I will go back or send others to him.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

Dr Smoot is a very knowledgable and caring MD . He has great insight and is very caring about is patient 's and their overall health . He helped me feel better . I appreciate him and his nurse they are wonderful and an assest to our community !!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

Doctor Gary Smoot is a great doctor that cares about his patients. I saw him about a month ago and thanks to him, I'm on my way to recovering. He spends the time with his patients and cares about them.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

Dr. Gary L. Smoot's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

HealthPartners