Ratings for Dr. Paul M. Cooke

I've been to see Dr. Cooke twice and both times I waited 1 hour and 45 minutes. He's a great guy and doctor, very knowledgable, but I find the wait time to be unacceptable. Especially because I was seeing him for back pain and sitting in his waiting room for that length of time was not comfortable.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

My experience was quite the opposite of the one described below. First, I knew exactly what is covered by my insurance plan. I paid my co-pay and my plan covered the remaining cost in a timely manner. When I sadly had to move out of the area to the West Coast Dr. Cooke he helped me find a competent physiatrist in the bay area who can provide me with high quality care that equals his. This he did on his own time. I called his office during the day, he personally returned my call in the evening, clearly time he could have been spending with his family. This is a man who believes in personalized care! When I asked for my records the office staff provided them to me within one week.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

Dr. Cooke is a pleasant man and quite skilled. However, do NOT see him in the Princeton office, where he practices only one day a week. I went there for an assessment for low back pain, a prescription for physical therapy, and ultimately an epidural in July, 2013. I was denied reimbursement for my $1,700 out of network payment by BCBS because they did not have documentation. Despite repeated calls, he and his office staff failed to provide it and I was lied to until I refused to leave his office without it in NOVEMBER, 2013, when he came out and told me that he had not had the time to do the report. (As an aside, at the time of the procedure I was put unsupervised into a recovery room where I developed anaphylactic shock from the contrast media and had to be taken to a hospital ER. All in all, Dr. Cooke's Princeton practice does not reflect the overall excellence that I experienced at HSS in New York.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

Dr. Paul M. Cooke's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1995)

Assurant