Ratings for Dr. Edward S. Magaziner

A friend had highly recommended Dr. Magaziner to me, after he had successfully repaired her shoulder and knee injuries many years earlier, using PRP and Prolotherapy injections. I had a rotator cuff tear, two other shoulder muscle tears, and some 'old joint damage' which Dr. Magaziner has repaired, after 6 injections. I am not 100% but I am 57 years old and very happy to be active and exercising again., feeling much, much better. Had I opted for surgery, my shoulder would not have been strengthened, and I would still have the deep joint pain. Very happy with my results and very grateful for Dr. Magaziner!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

Dr. Magaziner treats each patient specifically according to their medical history and physical examination findings. With over 25 years of clinical experience, Dr. Magaziner only recommends treatments and testing designed to achieve the best possible clinical outcomes. At East Coast Spine Sports and Regenerative Medicine we utilize many common pain procedures as well as some ground-breaking regenerative techniques that although are very effective, can be costly to some people. Although we have a very high success rate, results vary from patient to patient. Based on his reputation and clinical experience, Dr. Magaziner commonly treats patients with complex conditions that have failed multiple forms of treatment. We can not guarantee positive results with every patient. Unfortunately, this leads to some patient's who may not be satisfied with their results and can lead to some negative reviews. As the majority of reviews confirm, Dr. Magaziner is a caring and dedicated professional who is committed to providing the best possible treatment to all of his patients. (This post is from the staff at East Coast Spine Sports and Regenerative Medicine.)

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

I have had several shoulder injuries over the years and have developed chronic shoulder pain. I had a recent MRI which showed 3 tears but I wanted to avoid surgery if I could. Dr. Magaziner was highly recommended by several friends and my primary care physician. I also did some research and found out that Dr. Magaziner was a pioneer in the field of orthopedic regenerative medicine. Based upon the success that many professional athletes have had with regenerative medicine, I decided to give this a try. Dr. Magaziner thoroughly explained in detail what I should expect to achieve with regenerative medicine and that it would take several treatments and the results vary from patient to patient. In my case it worked very well. It’s not perfect but I have less pain and I am back to playing golf again.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

After experiencing extreme neck pain and was told by the ER doctor that it was simple arthritics, I went to Doctor Magazine he was compassionate, took time with me, and immediately treated me. The injection were done with a gentle touch and the staff was caring. I would highly recommend him .

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

I am a nursing student and had been suffering from severe headaches that started at the base of my skull and radiated behind my eyes. I tried different over-the-counter medications and prescription medications but nothing was helping. Dr. Magaziner was highly recommended so I went to see him. After a thorough examination, Dr. Magaziner suggested Neural Therapy Injections. It was explained to me that Neural Prolotherapy treatment consisted of a series of small injections immediately under the skin targeting painful and sensitive nerves with simple and natural substances. The substances used typically used is 5% Dextrose (Sugar) and sterile water. I agreed to move forward with the treatment and I am so glad I did. I experienced fast relief of my headaches which lasted for several weeks and I went for the second set of injections which also worked well. I am back to school and although I get a headache here or there, the intensity or frequency is nowhere near what it was. Dr. Magaziner was very professional, friendly and thorough. His staff was great and helped to accommodate my every need. I would highly recommend Dr. Edward Magaziner and the Neural Prolotherapy treatment.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

Great staff, humble, very caring I would recommend Dr. magaziner to anyone I come in contact. I have 4 herniated disc cervical 4 bulging thoracic and 2 herniated lumbar from a car accident 2 months ago. I could not be touched by anyone was in too much pain , and was on soo many pain meds , I had 3 epidoral 2 lumbar and 1 cervicle I'm not taking the meds I'm actually able to with stand the lingering pain I'm in, in order to go through physical theropy . Thank you Doc your so caring, understanding, and explain every process. Your wonderful thank you.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2014

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014

Dr. Magaziner is a caring doctor. He took the time to explain the procedure and made me felt comfortable. Because I work and my work hours were not compatible with his hours --I could not always be there at the time that was scheduled. However, his staff would contact me and work out a schedule with me to fit my schedule. Dr. Magaziner's staff is friendly and very helpful. I would not hesitate to recommend him because he is knowledgeable, patient & kind and will spend the time listening to you even when he is busy.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

I paid Dr. Magaziner approximately 8000.for PRP. I was told that it worked for over 92% of people. It made my situation worse, a lot worse. Then, Dr. Magaziner wanted me to try another procedure, giving him another $5000. and this one had no guarantee either. (PRP, for the record is not covered by insurance.) After going to another doctor I learned that I have a bone spur which would have prevented this procedure to work at all. The spur was on the MRI that Dr. Magaziner requested so if he took the time to look at it he would have know that the procedure would not have worked for me regardless of what he did. Each of my visits I spent minimal one hour in the waiting room, sometimes over 2. Very unprofessional all around.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2013

Dr. Edward S. Magaziner's Credentials

• Finch U Of Hs/Chicago Med Sch, North Chicago Il 60664 (Grad. 1985)

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "A friend had highly recommended Dr. Magaziner to me, after he had successfully repaired her shoulder and knee injuries many years earlier, using PRP and Prolot..."

April 29, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I started treatment approx. 7 months ago due to torn tendons in my shoulder. After 6 stem cell injections I'm experiencing considerable relief. "

December 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Magaziner treats each patient specifically according to their medical history and physical examination findings. With over 25 years of clinical experience, ..."

May 13, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have had several shoulder injuries over the years and have developed chronic shoulder pain. I had a recent MRI which showed 3 tears but I wanted to avoid surg..."

May 11, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "After experiencing extreme neck pain and was told by the ER doctor that it was simple arthritics, I went to Doctor Magazine he was compassionate, took time wit..."

April 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a nursing student and had been suffering from severe headaches that started at the base of my skull and radiated behind my eyes. I tried different over-the..."

March 19, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Great staff, humble, very caring I would recommend Dr. magaziner to anyone I come in contact. I have 4 herniated disc cervical 4 bulging thoracic and 2 herniate..."

December 13, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=847863'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 1.0

March 6, 2014