Ratings for Dr. Odayoth Bhargavan

I have been seeing Dr. Bhargavan for 10+ years and I honestly do not understand the negative comments. He is a GREAT doctor and I have NEVER found him to be even remotely rude or dismissive. He agreed to take on my mother-in-law's care when she visited from Ontario and she has profoundly complicated health issues. He also cared for my mother when she was ill with cancer and his bedside manner was wonderful even after she passed away. He is compassionate and highly knowledgeable. My son has multiple disabilities and Dr. B is awesome with him. The office staff could probably be a bit more friendly at times but they have ALWAYS called back when there was follow-up regarding a specialist appointment. Honestly, if you are looking for a family doctor, I would highly recommend Dr. Bhargavan.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

Awesome doctor. Tries to go to the root of the problem. Listens to any concerns that you might have reg any tests or medications. Doesn't just prescibe medicine but encourages patient to make lifestyle changes whenever possible.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

, BUT I HAVE BEEN SEEING HIM FOR YEARS AND HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A NEW DOCTOR BUT IT IS HARD TO FIND ANY DOCTORS TAKING NEW PATIENTS, I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THIS DOCTOR BUT AM FORCED TO SEE HIM BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF NEW DOCTORS AND I DO REQUIRE PRESCRIPTIONS TO BE WRITTEN EVERY MONTH AND SOMETIMES EVERY THREE MONTHS SO I AM FORCED TO CONTINUE TO SEE THIS DOCTOR. I WOULD NEVER, NEVER, NEVER RECOMMEND DR. ODAYOTH BHARGAVAN TO ANYONE OR EVEN REFER HIM AS A GOOD OR EVEN FAIR RATED DOCTOR. HE WILL NOT LISTEN TO YOU WHEN YOU EXPLAIN YOUR PROBLEMS. HE FORCES YOU TO MAKE EXTRA APPOINTMENTS SO HE CAN BILL THE MEDICAL SYSTEM MORE MONEY, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY FOR A BLOOD PRESSURE TEST. HE HAS POOR PATIENT PEOPLE SKILLS. AND HE DOESN'T LISTEN TO YOUR PROBLEM AND DISCUSS WHAT CAN BE DONE, HE IS NOT INTERESTED ON YOUR OPINION, CONCERNS OR QUESTIONS. HE HAS A GOD COMPLEX AND ONLY HIS OPINION COUNTS, ABSOLUTELY NO DISCUSSION ON THE ISSUE. A VERY POOR EXCUSE FOR A MEDICAL DOCTOR. THE ONLY THING HE IS GOOD FOR IS IF YOU ACTUALLY DON'T HAVE ANY MEDICAL CONCERNS, PROBLEMS OR ISSUES. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS DOCTOR !!!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

We have been seeing Dr Bhargavan for years and have never been unhappy with him. Sometimes is staff is a little slow getting things done (returning calls) etc but they are very nice and very friendly :)

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

I write this rating after receiving a tearful and distraught phonecall from my daughter after attending her first visit with Dr.Bhargavan. After two minutes in the office he answered his cell phone and told the caller he would call right back as he was almost done with his current patient. He refused to answer questions about the side effects of the medication my daughter had been prescribed (or he did not have the knowledge) after an emergency hospital visit and being told by the Hospital she needed to be monitored by a physician. When she expressed concern about not getting the info she needed to make an informed decision about the drug she was presribed he said her 10 minutes was up and he didn't want her as a patient. He then preoceeded to take the prescription he had written from her and told her to leave not caring that she was in tears. We have launched a complaint to the College of Physicians and Surgeons.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Bhargavan since he took over practice for Dr. Ormstrom. I was a bit surprised to find out that I had a male Doctor but I have never found him to be rude or unhelpfull. He is always close to or on time. However if you don't want to be responsible for your own health problems then you really wouldn't like him. He won't give you the "Pill" to cure you unless that's what it takes. He will give you the tools to help you to help yourself. He is the kind of doctor that believes and strives to motivate you towards better health. Overall he is a mild spoken doctor who is willing to work with you in your long term goal to better health.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2012

The worse doctor I've seen, in a hurry to rush me out of the office before the problem is resolved and missed 2 on 2 bllod test that my bllod sugar was at 16 I had to find out from the hospital in Mission the reason I am so sick coz I am diabetic. When he checked my last 2 blood test, good thing I didn't die from a diabetic coma..

flag | Submitted April 11, 2012

I am surprised at the other 2 reviews. I have been seeing this doctor since 2007 and he provides good thorough exams. My son is autistic and he was kind and helpful to him. He provides referrals to specialist when he requires a 2nd advice and my only complaint used to be the wait time but he's managing his time much better now.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

Wants to get rid of you as fast as possible. Walks out on you when you are still talking to him. Rude and arrogant.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2012

My family and I have been seeing Dr. Bhargavan for the past year and we think he is just great! He is kind, caring and very knowledgeable. Coming from a province where we couldn't get a family doctor, we are very happy to have him as ours here in BC.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012