Ratings for Dr. Odayoth Bhargavan

I've been dealing with Dr. B for 10+ years. He is a great doctor and is always very helpful. He will refer you to other specialists immediately if he needs to. He's a great doctor and doesn't jump to giving you unnecessary meds. He tries to find the root of the problem first.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

Have been with this doctor for years but have had a hard time with him for many of those years. He used to be extremely helpful but in the last while, he has severely lacked in being a helpful doctor. It is apparent to me, even obvious, that he is in this for the money. I had issues that needed to be address immediately with my breathing. Despite me telling him it had to do with my sinus cavities which are constantly in pain, he gave me an inhaler and sent me to an allergy specialist, then concluded it was from allergies. When I had the chance to get in with a stand in while he was away, this stand in said I most certainly had issues with my sinus cavities and they needed to be addressed immediately. When Bhargavan came back and this stand in left, I told him what the stand in had said. He laughed in my face, said that wasn't it, and to this day he has not given me any assistance in this, despite being in pain every day and not being able to fully breathe through my nose. He has also been unhelpful in other things. Prescribes things without explaining side effects or answering questions, rushes you out the door when you've been there five minutes, and that's all after waiting a good half hour to see him even when there is no one in the waiting room. This man should not be a doctor anymore. He has no interest in helping his patients maintain their health. Unfortunately, since I can't get in with any other doctor, I will be going forward without medical attention.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

My elderly parents are traumatized each time they HAVE to go to this doctor. He does not listen; he is patronizing and treats them as if they are children. If HE hasn’t done the diagnosis (their previous doctor did) he disavows the diagnosis, stating that he does not believe them and then tells them to come back later. For what I ask – maybe so that he can just get paid one more time for his traumatizing work of belittling and not doing anything. God forbid that someone maybe actually self aware and may have some insight into what may be needed. He is reluctant to send referrals if asked- oh because it wasn’t his idea? He is also reluctant to work with family members who are have legal documentation to be involved in their parent’s healthcare. His god complex, his inability to problem solve along with his incompetence endangers anyone who walks through the door. His staff have the same ability to problem solve as he does – not very well. He responds as though everything is overwhelming for him and maybe it is. Maybe it is time for him to stop playing doctor.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2017

confrontational,lazy and bad attitude. one staff insulting and totally disrespectful

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

I just recently made the decision I needed a doctor that would listen and help me with Crohn,s disease. Since my first session with the doctor I knew I had made the right decision. This was a night to day change from Dr, Cambridge in Chilliwack ( don't go to him). I would recommend Dr. Bhargavan if you are in need of a really good Physician.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Very poor professionally. Impatient, limits visit to 10 minutes..does not share info,is rude? So glad I found another doctor. He is very friendly with those who are same ethnic background.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Hes a good Dr. Sometimes he doesn't give a thing about you and tells you to go pick up Advil from the drug store and there are other days where he's had his cup of coffee and actually wants to help. Hes pretty chill I guess :)

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

As a doctor it is your duty to make sure you attend to your patients to the best of your abilities and make them feel comfortable. This doctor is very rude and arrogant. If you have important forms that need to be filled out he does not consider the importance of them, will ask you to pay in advance, and may not even fill the form out for the time you need it for, even if it is a quick form that may not take time at all. Being upset with his unprofessional attitude I went to another Dr with the same forms and he understand the importance and value of them and did not charge me for them! I would not recommend this doctor to anyone he is very rude, arrogant, egotistical, and judgemental.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Bhargavan for 10+ years and I honestly do not understand the negative comments. He is a GREAT doctor and I have NEVER found him to be even remotely rude or dismissive. He agreed to take on my mother-in-law's care when she visited from Ontario and she has profoundly complicated health issues. He also cared for my mother when she was ill with cancer and his bedside manner was wonderful even after she passed away. He is compassionate and highly knowledgeable. My son has multiple disabilities and Dr. B is awesome with him. The office staff could probably be a bit more friendly at times but they have ALWAYS called back when there was follow-up regarding a specialist appointment. Honestly, if you are looking for a family doctor, I would highly recommend Dr. Bhargavan.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

Awesome doctor. Tries to go to the root of the problem. Listens to any concerns that you might have reg any tests or medications. Doesn't just prescibe medicine but encourages patient to make lifestyle changes whenever possible.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015