Ratings for Dr. Odayoth Bhargavan

Simply a bad doctor, Bhargavan is a very dismissive and greedy person, his parents must've forced pushed him into med school. It was a complete waste of time seeing him for the many years I did, After one sentence he'll think he has your visit figured out and rush you out the door with a soon to be thrown out prescription or a piece of obvious advice like exercising or quitting smoking. I have 8 year old intestinal symptoms and 3 year old lung symptoms that are still undiagnosed, he will always say come back in 2 weeks, but never refer specialists, I asked for a pyschiatrist referral in 2016, 2 years later and still no phone call. He threatened my mother that if she sees another walk in clinic he will drop her as a patient, she never went back obviously. There is no wonder he's always accepting new patients, he hates his job and anyone that walks into his office is just a miserable dollar sign to him. Since I've seen another doctor in Chilliwack I can happily say that I've been quickly referred to appropriate specialists. Don't bother seeing Dr. Bhargavan if you value your health because he doesn't value yours.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2018

I have been seeing this doctor for the past 15 years and he WAS a great doctor until lately each visit his behaviour has become quite rude and he lacks the helpfulness factor a doctor must have. When you explain your problems in return you receive rude responses.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

I've been dealing with Dr. B for 10+ years. He is a great doctor and is always very helpful. He will refer you to other specialists immediately if he needs to. He's a great doctor and doesn't jump to giving you unnecessary meds. He tries to find the root of the problem first.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

Have been with this doctor for years but have had a hard time with him for many of those years. He used to be extremely helpful but in the last while, he has severely lacked in being a helpful doctor. It is apparent to me, even obvious, that he is in this for the money. I had issues that needed to be address immediately with my breathing. Despite me telling him it had to do with my sinus cavities which are constantly in pain, he gave me an inhaler and sent me to an allergy specialist, then concluded it was from allergies. When I had the chance to get in with a stand in while he was away, this stand in said I most certainly had issues with my sinus cavities and they needed to be addressed immediately. When Bhargavan came back and this stand in left, I told him what the stand in had said. He laughed in my face, said that wasn't it, and to this day he has not given me any assistance in this, despite being in pain every day and not being able to fully breathe through my nose. He has also been unhelpful in other things. Prescribes things without explaining side effects or answering questions, rushes you out the door when you've been there five minutes, and that's all after waiting a good half hour to see him even when there is no one in the waiting room. This man should not be a doctor anymore. He has no interest in helping his patients maintain their health. Unfortunately, since I can't get in with any other doctor, I will be going forward without medical attention.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

My elderly parents are traumatized each time they HAVE to go to this doctor. He does not listen; he is patronizing and treats them as if they are children. If HE hasn’t done the diagnosis (their previous doctor did) he disavows the diagnosis, stating that he does not believe them and then tells them to come back later. For what I ask – maybe so that he can just get paid one more time for his traumatizing work of belittling and not doing anything. God forbid that someone maybe actually self aware and may have some insight into what may be needed. He is reluctant to send referrals if asked- oh because it wasn’t his idea? He is also reluctant to work with family members who are have legal documentation to be involved in their parent’s healthcare. His god complex, his inability to problem solve along with his incompetence endangers anyone who walks through the door. His staff have the same ability to problem solve as he does – not very well. He responds as though everything is overwhelming for him and maybe it is. Maybe it is time for him to stop playing doctor.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2017

confrontational,lazy and bad attitude. one staff insulting and totally disrespectful

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

I just recently made the decision I needed a doctor that would listen and help me with Crohn,s disease. Since my first session with the doctor I knew I had made the right decision. This was a night to day change from Dr, Cambridge in Chilliwack ( don't go to him). I would recommend Dr. Bhargavan if you are in need of a really good Physician.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Very poor professionally. Impatient, limits visit to 10 minutes..does not share info,is rude? So glad I found another doctor. He is very friendly with those who are same ethnic background.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Hes a good Dr. Sometimes he doesn't give a thing about you and tells you to go pick up Advil from the drug store and there are other days where he's had his cup of coffee and actually wants to help. Hes pretty chill I guess :)

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

As a doctor it is your duty to make sure you attend to your patients to the best of your abilities and make them feel comfortable. This doctor is very rude and arrogant. If you have important forms that need to be filled out he does not consider the importance of them, will ask you to pay in advance, and may not even fill the form out for the time you need it for, even if it is a quick form that may not take time at all. Being upset with his unprofessional attitude I went to another Dr with the same forms and he understand the importance and value of them and did not charge me for them! I would not recommend this doctor to anyone he is very rude, arrogant, egotistical, and judgemental.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

Dr. Odayoth Bhargavan's Credentials

Affinity Insurance Services
Emblem Health
Fidelis Care
GHI
Magnacare
  • Medicare Replacement (Humana Replacement)
Workers Comp